main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Hawkeye, Introducing Kate Bishop and Pizza Dog

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    It wasn't until the end of the series that I realized this show was in part "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" with Hailee Steinfeld in the role of Del Griffith.

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    So…..cue debate is Hawkeye an Avengerverse series, or a Christmas series. :p

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well Christmas still exists. I'm not sure the Avengers really do at this point.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    1.Captain America / Falcon
    2. War Machine
    3. Bruce Banner / the Hulk
    4. probably Bucky,
    5&6. probably Ant-Man and the Wasp

...and occasional help from
    7. Captain Marvel (more off-world)
    8. Kamar-Taj (more mystical)
    9. Thor (more off-world)
    10. the Guardians (almost always off-world)
    11. New Asgard (in recovery)
    12. Spider-Man (now more difficult to get a hold of or trust after... recent events)
    13. Hawkeye (mostly retired) & Kate Bishop (in-training)
    14. maybe Wanda (she's wanted)
    15. maybe Shang-chi (he's new to this)

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    16. Wong, between karaoke sessions.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    That’s only between superhero fight club bouts. :p

7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    So help me god if they kill Wong in Strange 2…:mad:

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I am not going there, I think Wong may just say “Enough Stephen” and either head to Ta Lo or become the Hong Kong Sanctum’s master / guardian.

Or perhaps he’ll remain the Sorcerer Supreme -which would be even better- and force Stephen to clean up his multiverse of messes.

I’m more worried about Stephen’s fate than Wong. Strange tampered with the natural law too many times not for it exact a very pricey personal toll. Hence DSMoM.

“The bill comes due…”

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    We'll also be getting She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel soon.

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Bro! Pt 2

Darn!

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Why would they cut that? That would have been SO funny…..

[face_laugh]

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Agreed. :p
    All I can think of is, maybe they intend
    to bring them back?

Hopefully, we’ll get season 2 news.

Juliet316, Sarge and Jedi Ben like this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It would be very dumb of Marvel to not do a Season 2 of this. They've got the Hawkeyes and they can throw in Yelena too. Still need to find out more about Jack as well.

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I’ve said it elsewhere, but I am curious if Ronin’s vigilantism inspires Marc and perhaps Matt (if the MCU reboots his Daredevil) to do the same and take the law into their own hands.

And, yes, I want a season 2 of Hawkeye announced stat.

16. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    During the Hawkeye post credit scene part of me was thinking that it was leading up to seeing maybe Lin Manuel Miranda or some other celeb in the audience saying, “man that was bad!” That would’ve actually been funny. As it is the post credit sequence goes on too long and is only mildly amusing.

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Or Hugh Jackman =D=. That would have made it for me. The only thing I liked about that show tune was the nod to the doctors, nurses and first responders on the beginning. I agree it went on well past its welcome.

I wish they would have kept the owl moment too.

21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Hugh Jackman would’ve been amazing…until people online said “ZOMG! Wolverine in the MCU confirmed!!!”

DarthRamRod likes this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Hugh added some speculative fuel to the fire recently, his arms looked Wolverine pumped a few months ago as he began training for his return to Broadway (Not as Wolverine.):p

23. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    Now I’m sitting here wishing it was Hugh Jackman on stage singing “Save the City”

24. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    Given the pace of things - by now we're all talking Spider-Man and Boba Fett! - I am very late to the party but wanted to say I really enjoyed the finale and the series. I get the feeling I was saying this about another Marvel series but this one definitely illustrated that you almost have to give a series a couple of episodes to build momentum (I enjoyed the first couple of episodes regardless, but there was an exponential jump as things got going).

As I mentioned previously, I was pleasantly surprised at how much of my enjoyment of this series was character-driven versus action-driven, although the last couple of episodes have had some great super-heroic fun. That is, I really liked Kate Bishop/Hailee Steinfeld, and I loved the "father/daughter" // Mentor/trainee relationship between her and Clint. I also really enjoyed Clint's journey towards accepting that whatever his flaws, whatever his "failures", whatever his doubts about himself, he still has many things to offer and he has done a lot more good than I think he believes he has at the time the series begins. MICRO SPOILER-
    his subtle facial reactions as he listens to Kate's story of what inspired her to become a hero were fantastic!
    . And I also loved Kate's interactions with Yelena. Don't get me wrong, one of the strengths of the MCU has been great casting that has humanized the heroes, but here I found myself very happy to linger over conversations and interactions every bit as much as over the action set pieces. Just a great cast with great chemistry (and kudos to the almost insanely upbeat and cheerful Jack Duquesne LOL). I also very much liked how the series wasn't afraid to lean into the idea of heroes...as heroes. Who have a very tough job, who face difficult choices, and CHOOSE to do "the right thing". Sounds so basic but I feel it is sometimes lost in the shuffle.

A couple specifics that require some SPOILERS -

KINGPIN - So happy to see Vincent D'Onofrio brought back as his Kingpin is utterly fantastic. One thing I loved is that the Kingpin in the Netflix DAREDEVIL series was a very grounded version (and utterly awesome) while the version here reminded me of the version we'd get in a typical SPIDER-MAN comic book, who was ALSO awesome. I guess part of what I mean here is that he isn't just formidable in a terrifying/somewhat realistic way (as in DAREDEVIL) but he is formidable in a fun "comic book way" (tears off car door one handed, his punches knock Kate through the air and he isn't even going all out). I even love the way he talks, the way you can almost see the wheels turning as he listens. Wonderful to have the character back and NO, I don't think he was done in at the end!

STORY HAD A LOT OF HEART - Touched on that above, but this series had a lot of heart, and a real appreciation, in an almost old-fashioned (? - old school?) way about what it means to be a hero and why heroism matters. There was an optimism about Kate that reminded me of what I liked about Rey... an optimistic positive outlook. I also liked that Hailee wasnt afraid to let her Kate seem a LITTLE scared, a little "in over her head"...because that just made her MORE heroic (I think a lot of action movies overlook this...bravery isn't being fearless, it is being afraid and doing the right thing/the tough thing ANYWAY!). And really enjoyed Clint's arc.

Overall, a BIG thumb's up. Great series!

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    This would have been a hilarious easter egg