main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Hawkeye, Introducing Kate Bishop and Pizza Dog

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Apr 19, 2021.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, it's explicitly what Kate's mom goes to jail for...

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yes, I get that the mystery drives the entire show, but I wasn't sure why Eleanor killed him or had him killed in the first place. I didn't know if his death served any purpose to further Fisk's ambitions as it wasn't explained in the show. Typically having someone killed in the Marvel universe means something. For example, in Iron Man, Obadiah put a hit on Tony in an attempt to take over Stark Industries. So from a story telling perspective, we learned Obadiah's motivations in the final act so the events of the movie all made sense.

According to Armand's fandom wiki, he was killed because "he threatened to expose them both", the both being Eleanor and Fisk. Expose them how? That they were working together? So to answer my own question, it seems the only reason Armand III was killed was because he was a threat to Eleanor and Fisk. To what extent? Maybe we'll find out someday or maybe I'm just being too critical of a minor character and he's served his purpose for the show. [face_dunno]

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, Fisk is a criminal and Eleanor has been helping through her security company and other shell companies. Exposing them would have landed them both in jail. So yes he was killed to cover up their criminal activities. No more complicated than that.

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Didn't expect much from the series going by the trailers, but I thought it was very good. Hailee Steinfeld was perfectly cast as Kate, the action sequences were well done (especially that car chase), Didn't expect to see Florence Pugh who was the highlight I thought and stole most scenes or Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin. Hopefully he's not dead because his villain has a real presense. I'd like to see him share screen time with Spider-Man.

Rew and Sarge like this.
  5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I miss this show already. [face_sigh]

Jedi Merkurian and Rew like this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe it can become a Christmas tradition to rewatch Hawkeye, right before Die Hard.

7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I think that’s what Disney and the cast want too.

8. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Seriously? Did you not see Black Widow or leave before the credits were over? I think most people were surprised she disn‘t show up on the first episode.

But yes, she does steal every scene she‘s in.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect her to show up based on the BW stinger- but we were also 3/4ths through the series before she showed up, so it's also not unreasonable to have started the series and begin to suspect she wouldn't be showing up until another project by that point.

It's actually pretty impressive that her late entrance into the plot by that point didn't feel forced.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The last couple of episodes had a very Die Hard feel about it with the Run DMC music playing in the car, the groups of trucks used by the Tracksuit Mafia in formation.

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I only watched Black Widow once. By the time they got to the Red Room, I kind of had enough of the movie and I don't remember her showing up at the end. I'll have to do a rewatch once my Blu-Ray arrives.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Loved the line that Clint's wife is cool with "Clint spending Christmas Eve drinking with a hot, rich 22 year old who idolizes him and looks like a young version of her."

13. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    You didn‘t like the movie enough to sit through the whole thing but ordered the Bluray?

I was pretty surprised by how many people left before the credits were over in the theater. It‘s a Marvel movie, what the hell are you thinking?!!

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Worst Marvel movie walk out I saw was Far From Home when some people left before the title credits ended and, y'know, the Mysterio message. I'd like to think those people already had seen it or else they missed the actual ending. (Slight gripe about Far From Home mid-credits stinger, it's really not a stinger, it's the for real ending of the movie)

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm a completist. It was okay, I'd watch it again. It was cheap too.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think people were better off not knowing that Yelena would appear in the Hawkeye series. My wife also watched Black Widow once and the stinger at the end of the film and didn't recall it, and was excited and delighted that Yelena showed up. I wish I could more often shield myself from knowing cast appearances and plot details of Marvel films/streaming shows, among other things.

Knowing that Yelena was going to appear in Hawkeye, I keep wondering to myself going into each episode, "Is this the episode that Yelena shows up?" The anticipation kind of taints the experience of watching of each episode and not having Yelena appear.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly haver episode 2 waiting for Yelana took a backseat to waiting for Kingpin.

Yes, the show kind of got overshadowed by waiting for the two Very Special Guest Stars by the end. Not that I'm complaining that much.

18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    was that it?

none of the storylines got resolved . wtf.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's the MCU gez, each plot will eventually be resolved in seven slightly related movies and Disney+ spinoffs over the next 11 years.

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Main storyline got resolved: Clint did bad stuff as Ronin, he wants to stay blissfully retried, new charge helps him literally burn the Ronin persona, takes over his gig. Teaser from Black Widow, Yelena wants to kill Clint resolved.

The Kingpin/Echo stuff definitely got bounced to another show. Also potential for s2 Hawkeye to expand upon Bishop family drama. But the Bishop stuff got way overshadowed by holy hell, Yelena and where the heck is Kingpin for 4 episodes.

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Juliet316, nilzo antonio and Sarge like this.
  22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Did rumors leak out ahead of time that Kingpin/D‘Onofrio was going to appear? I ahve to admit, I never saw that coming. And are we sure he was killed by Echo?

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, sort of. D'onofrio retweeted some Hawkeye Twitter post early and said something like Soon before deleting it.

And no, no one thinks he's dead.

Juliet316 and yankee8255 like this.
  24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Plus there was a bit of inherent tease just by way of the Echo character’s relationship with Kingpin in the comics being known, so it was already something within the realm of possibility to expect and/or wish for.

Juliet316 and yankee8255 like this.
  25. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Whenever E and I in the cinema to see a Marvel film and people start leaving before the mid- or post-credits scenes, we then start talking very loudly about how there's a post credits scene and did you know there's a post credits scene and I wonder what the post credits scene will be, etc, getting progressively louder and louder. :p

Master_Lok, Juliet316 and yankee8255 like this.