main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Hawkeye, Introducing Kate Bishop and Pizza Dog

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Apr 19, 2021.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Hmm, when you say operating through the Snap do you mean that they'll establish that the Netflix shows took place in that five years after the snap?

On a side note now that they're introducing the multi-verse I'd for some reason never thought about what that meant that J.K. Simmons plays Jameson in all the Spider-Man movies. I guess he's a variant?

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  2. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    More that the Snap creates enough chaos and uncertainty for five years that the Netflix characters Marvel wants to use can come out with whatever changes or vagaries they want them to have, and they can postpone addressing whether they're the same character or not because of the Snap's craziness.

You want to change some of their personalities or business situation? The Snap can excuse that; they could be rebooted versions of the characters, or just changed by the trial and tribulations of The Snap.

3. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Gotcha but why would they need to change anything about the Netflix Marvel characters? Why not just have them show up in the MCU with the understanding that everything that happened in the Netflix shows happened? They were, (are?) canon after all. I'm honestly confused why people think they're not canon when Marvel hasn't ever straight up announced that they're no long canon like LFL did when they decanonized a bunch of the old Star Wars stories.

If D'onofrio plays the Kingpin on Hawkeye do they really need to explain to people who didn't watch Daredevil that the Kingpin was on that show and that he did XY and Z while he was on Daredevil?

4. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    I also don't think there's any need to retcon them out - I'm just pointing out how, if there *was* any desire to retcon out some elements and keep others, the Snap could be used for that.

The only character I'm leery about from the Netflix era is Iron Fist.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I hear you.

Re: Iron Fist, the whole world ignored his two seasons on Netflix so it seems like they could easily just not mention him in the MCU even if and when they bring in the other Netflix characters.:p

I just realized something though, even though it would be great to see the Netflix characters pop up in future MCU projects and I do want them to be canon, I don't know that I need another season of TV from those characters. I'd be okay just knowing that they're canon and that occasionally they pop up from time to time in other shows and movies. That said, who am I kidding? If Marvel turned around and announced another season of Daredevil or Jessica Jones I'd be stoked.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    JJJ needs his own 'What If' episode! Have it on my desk in an hour or you're fired!

I've never seen DD, and I have no issues with KP appearing. Even people with no idea who he is shouldn't have any trouble figuring out what kind of person he is and what his basic motivations are. 'Big gangster' is not a difficult concept to grasp.

7. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    To be honest I was pretty skeptical about the whole show, but I quite enjoyed the first 3 episodes. So I am moderately positive about the rest.

Really liked Echo, she did a great job!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Exactly. He hasn't even appeared yet and we already get that "uncle" is a big gangster that shouldn't be messed with. Confirming that the uncle is Kingpin immediately lets viewers know that Kingpin is a...well a gangster kingpin.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The irony being that, despite being the most popular for a return, DD & JJ are in the least need of additional seasons compared to the other characters. And I sing new shows (even as limited series) to relaunch (not reboot) the characters would probably be welcome by all- again, even if for one series each. “The Devil of Hell’s Kitchen”, “Alias, Inc”, “Heroes For Hire” & “Daughters of the Dragon” are all we really need.

That said, I’d settle for the Echo series being Echo vs Matt and Hawkeye S2 being Hawkeye vs Bullseye as a starting point.

Rew and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah when they announced the Echo show I was like "Phsaw, you can't really do that without Daredevil characters" but it seems they know that too.

now I'm basically waiting for the last 3 episodes of Hawkeye to just suddenly turn into Daredevil again. Not that I'd mind!

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Jessica vs Agatha please. ;)

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kate Bishop is next in the line of characters that Marvel Studios has adapted perfectly. Casting, dialogue, everything.

Caught the first three episodes this morning, love it.

13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, they can and did.:p I think Echo’s series is where they will introduce DD, though I would not be surprised if Matt Murdock shows up in Hawkeye or She-Hulk first. Hawkeye seems less likely because they have to resolve Clint’s conflicts with Yelena and
    Echo
    first. Though how they’re going to resolve
    Ronin killing Maya’s father is anyone’s guess.
    I’m looking forward to seeing how they do that though. :)

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    Daredevil is rumored to appear in a few upcoming projects but Hawkeye isn’t one of them.

15. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Can't wait for them to reintroduce Daredevil, as my second-favourite superhero.

How's everyone finding Hawkeye? I'm enjoying but I've gotta' admit I found Episode 3 lacked something, though I can't put my finger on what. Hoping for a stronger second-half of the series.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I thought Episode 3 was their strongest episode. Echo's flashbacks, the Kay-Bee warehouse fight and subsequent car chase giving us the arrow action we've been expecting (with the latter including a fantastic, extended one-shot sequence), the dinner heart-to-heart and the surprisingly emotional phone call scene combined to really fire all the pistons the show has.

17. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Renner and Steinfeld have been great together. And the thought of the Swordsman presumably having a larger role next episode, and Florence Pugh turning up at some point make me hope that this will be a show that steadily gets better as it goes along.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I’m delighted, but I knew I would be. Looking forward to what’s next.

soitscometothis likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Echo’s creator David Mack shared his feelings about Hawkeye on IG:

20. S. Raw Rats

S. Raw Rats Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2021
    I'm digging the character and the actors who played them and if a comics creator is happy with an adaptation of their work I think that's great, but you do not under any circumstances gotta hand it to Joe Quesada.

godisawesome likes this.
  21. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Hey, at least he ain't Dan Didio...

One More Day is still the stupidest damn thing I've ever seen, but still...

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I will always appreciate Joe Q because Captain America The Winter Soldier and Moon Knight The Bottom storylines came out under his days as E-I-C. So for those two storylines, I’m good.

And why shouldn’t David Mack thank Joe Q for hiring Mack to do the Daredevil project featuring Echo’s creation?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  23. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Joe Q. strikes me as being a genuinely good executive in that way; he only really micromanaged that one disaster on Spider-Man (and it was a goal he'd had for a while), but he seemed to have that Denny O'Neill style wisdom to just do his business job when he wasn't creatively involved in something personally.

Dan Didio was a micromanager who seemed to have four or five "mini-One More Day" style events in his tenure, and seemed to drive away solid writers who weren't in the Batman books, a bunch of whom either went to or returned to Marvel. And as bad as One More Day was for an unforced error driven by misplaced nostalgia, Didio seemed to spend half his time sabotaging even his nostalgia-based pet projects for not working out the way he wanted.

Plus, Didio let Eddie Berganza make the Superman office an toxic, unsafe workplace. I don't know if Quesada did that. He might have, but I'm mostly a DC guy when it comes to comics.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, other than JQ being in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back -- I'm not sure what beef there was with Quesada? (it's been a while, I may not remember...)

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I think the main thing is blowing up Peter and MJ's marriage in One More Day.