main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Community' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 16, 2015.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Subscription video is the epicenter of filmed entertainment now. Daredevil and the cloned nonsense of the MCU are universes apart in quality.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I use Netflix probably daily. And so do two of my kids. I'm seriously considering getting rid of my cable and going with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and the HBO thing. Any must watch cable shows I can purchase the season, and will all cost less than cable in my estimation.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  3. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm already doing that.

Not only are the Netflix exclusives bona fide Emmy worthy drama (House Of Cards, Daredevil, Bloodline, Orange Is The New Black, and Narcos), there's a great selection of movies and TV shows that I can watch whenever I want without having to arrange my life around a TV network's idea of scheduling.

I've even stopped buying blu-rays for the moment (though i'm not naive enough to think that'll be permanent). Frankly, with the amount of Netflix I do watch on a daily basis, $11.99 is an absolute steel compared to Foxtel's highway robbery.

Rew likes this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Well, I don't arrange around network scheduling (who does?) thanks to the DVR. Live sport is the one thing holding me back. Is it worth what I pay per month? Probably not, but unless I'm going illegal again...

5. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't record off TV because, apart from Doctor Who, there's absolutely nothing I watch (no, I don't follow sports). Even in the case of DW, I sometimes just catch up on the ABC's online catch-up service. The idea of me actually going back to TV to follow a schedule is about as likely as me going back to dial-up internet or cathode-ray television. I'm truly done with free to air television.

6. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I have Netflix and my parents have HBO so I'm going to bus to their house whenever anything good comes on. I have cable at my place but I really only need Netflix and HBO. AMC needs to step up their game. Hopefully Preacher is really good.

But yeah, I'm excited for Jessica Jones but that teaser only made me want 1 thing... a new season of Freaks & Geeks...

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  8. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Netflix has done a fantastic job generating interest through these promo pieces. You ****** didn't tell me though that Jones was just a run of the mill standard issue cookie cutter super strength flying girl superhero clone. I'm mildly disappointed. So the one thing everybody thought was missing from their Netflix original content was a Supergirl ripoff?

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Theoretically, those powers have atrophied greatly. She had them when she was Jewel and then basically "retired" and slooooooooooooooowly develops other powers besides strength and durability.

10. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    It's rare for a promo trailer to brake my interest from 100 mph to zero in less than 15 seconds.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I know next to nothing about Jessica Jones, so every little teaser is an eye opening for me. So her leaping onto the balcony was pretty cool, I must say, especially she's the first actual female human to have actual super powers in the MCU. I thought the "Alias Investigations" sign in the window was a very nice touch and a nod to the comic book fans.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I promise you, if you think she's a Supergirl analogue or that this will, in some way, be similar to a light-hearted, do-gooder character... you probably don't have anything to worry about. :p

13. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Not to mention flying and strength are such common powers. I can think of a few dozen off the top of my head.

14. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Wait a second here... Because she can jump high Jabba leaps (heh) to the conclusion that she's a Supergirl clone? Never mind that she's a private investigator, has no suit or cape or secret identity, operates in the same urban blight the Daredevil series is! She jumps high = Supergirl clone. Okay, then!More room for me on the couch.

15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014

I'd like to note that this is the first time that I can think of we have actually seen Jessica's face in a trailer for this show.

Juliet316 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So much purple!

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Nah, those are both pretty bad promos. Cheesy. I have no idea if that's really Ritter in that first promo, but Ritter was a model and Jessica in that first promo has a super nice swagger.

18. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Wait, so you don't like this latest one with The Purple Man voice over?

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, that one was particularly bad. That voice-over was so cheesy. "Jeeeessssicaaa . . . I know eeeeveerything."

20. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Ominous was what came to my mind, but okay.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Hopefully this does something for David Tennant.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I like it. I like it alot.

It's creepy and the tone fits in with the world set up by Daredevil.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Jessica Jones will look for Jim Carrey's career in one of the episodes?

Juliet316 and Hogarth Wrightson like this.
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I will say I liked those first two quite a bit; the alarm clock and the jukebox ones. Those set her up as a pretty dark, but super cool and (yes, I'm fourteen, so I find hard-drinking women in leather jackets that commit acts of violence sexy) super-sexy character. But I thought the special effect on the balcony jump was cheesy, which the special effects probably aren't finished on the whole show yet, so the show will probably be better. And Tennant's voice over was silly. But those first two were cool.

Sniper_Wolf likes this.