main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Loki [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by RX_Sith, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t understand it either, but if you tell a good story I am all for it

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    After Loki broke the multiverse the next MCU show is What If...

Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  3. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    I liked LOKI, but I didn't love it - and even saying that, I can see how that's a tough standard. I guess that is a relevant standard for me, because, given my love of "superhero stuff", and given how much I love seeing Hiddleseton's Loki, I feel like it was legit to set the bar high. And while there were moments I enjoyed, and a few I loved - almost all in the next to last episode - overall I found the series to be slow, talky, and to have taken Loki in a direction that removes a lot of the character's charm. Even if he isn't "evil", I expect him to be witty, smart, funny, devilish, brash, and to at least SEEM to be considering doing something mischievous or "wrong". This Loki, to me, was sad and passive, and somewhat directionless. I get that they wanted this to be a chastened, somewhat reformed Loki (a change of heart that seemed a bit quick for me, given that this is the "just launched the NY attack" Loki - even if
    he was shown the lowlights of the path he was on
    ) but chastened doesn't necessarily equal entertaining (at least for me).

As for
    the "big reveal", I found it kinda meh. Too much telling, not enough "showing" maybe? I suspect the other thing is that when you start playing with these Groundhog Day / Multiverse story elements, you start to make it seem like not much matters. I am not sure what it was, but the end didn't just wow me.

I feel obliged to say something I have said many times - if LOKI DID work for you, not trying to talk you out of it or argue you down from that position. Enjoy! As I said above, I liked it, overall. Just found that for a series ostensibly centered around a character and an actor I really like (although, honestly, not all that much centered!), my reaction was more tepid than I would have expected.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Theory time
    Ravonna Renslayer is a female variant of He Who Remains.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... or his mother.

Master_Lok and TiniTinyTony like this.
  6. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Wasn’t non-variant Renslayer in 2018 though?

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, but time has little meaning in this show.

8. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I think it would be too much of departure from the comics lore. Revonna always Kang love interest. Her "real" name, showed in that diploma at her high school office, was a name she used when Kang and her lived in the 19th century. I think Marvel is aiming at the TERMINATRIX variant of her.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Loki and his variant were love interests, so just playing on that duality especially if they did decide, but declined, to run the TVA together.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, this has been circulating around today- apparently, if you sync up the finales to Loki and WV, certain events occur at the same time code:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Just watched the making-of doc on Disney+.

[​IMG]

:cool:[face_laugh]

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    My new favorite "Strange has to fix this mess" image:

[​IMG]

13. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hi

Just came across this thread

I've been thinking about the mcu since the loki finale

Awesome stuff

Darkslayer and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    When The Falcon and the Winter Soldier ended i was sure Sharon Carter/Power Broker was a Skrull ( remember how the timeline of her rise in power in the criminal underwoeld of Madripor never made sense since she was also bliped ?)
    Now seeing this, i think she's a variant working for Kang. Yep i'm saying all the shows were connected and some stuff that never realy made sense in the previous shows may have an explanantion.
    Also, NEVER FORGET

Ralph Bohner was really a variant of Quicksilver from the X-men's Foxverse :D:D

15. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ I cannot unsee that and I don’t care! :p=D=

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I still think she's a Skrull.

Sarge and Master_Lok like this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    The Croki Hook moment and Miss Minutes & HAL 9000 made me [face_laugh]

Ghost and Sarge like this.
  22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    According to Kate Herron, Director of Season 1 of Loki, regarding the "Infinity War"...
    ...He Who Remains aka variant Kang says he paved the way, they (Loki/Sylvie) simply walked the path. So if you think about Kang manipulating time and allowing the Infinity War to happen, he's technically responsible for the chain of events that lead to Thanos and Tony Stark's (and Steve Rodgers) death. So it's fun to think about how Kang orchestrated the whole thing and is kinda responsible. Some major players who would have been a threat to Kang are no longer a threat to his eventual tyrannical rule.

What he didn't plan for was Wanda's transformation to becoming a Nexus being which fans found syncs up with the timestamp events of Loki when they "crossed the threshold". In the end, it's pretty cool how Loki set up the next big villain while WandaVision set up our next hero/hope.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. AHoyden

AHoyden Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2021
    I wanted to like this show and I did for the first few episodes but I became bored. I lost interest, didn't pay attention and I honestly have no clue what is going on at this point. I have no interest in the characters. It's a shame because I do like Loki, but I guess not enough for him to have his own show...

Sarge likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Great video from Lindsay on whether Loki is or isn't a narcissist and some examination of other MCU narcissists (and Lucille Bluth).

SateleNovelist11 and darkspine10 like this.
  25. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I enjoyed seeing this a while back.

My only criticism of the show was that Loki, Mobius, and Sylvie didn't discuss the debate between determinism and free will, nor did the notion of compatibilism come up. However, I was a philosophy minor in college, and maybe I'm a bit biased toward such discussions.

Frankly, prior to hearing how Cosmonaut Picture Show found the show so exciting, I did not anticipate that I would love this show as much as I do. Ha ha. At first, I believed it was an attempt to make Loki a villain again or something like that. Astonishingly, as much as I like Sylvie, I can't decide if her view, which Mobius and B-15 later adopt for themselves, that free will should reign, or if He Who Remains/Kang was right that there should only be one timeline with strict determinism.

I enjoyed the scenes of Mobius and Loki talking about things and gradually becoming friends. They were so funny. I liked Mobius calling Loki a "cockroach" and then later saying he could be someone good. When I thought Renslayer killed him, I cried, and I felt terrible for him and Loki.

I gotta say I loved Jonathan Majors' performance as He Who Remains. I rewatched it after eating a fraction of a gummy from the store, and that made it even more hilarious in spite of how terrifying he is. During that scene, Sylvie is like, "I don't give a ****," and Loki is like, "What the **** is goin' on?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_GCxCe-Pno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pd5ABVoVok

Natalie Holt is something else. Her music blew me away.

Well, Mobius and Sylvie are apparently going to be in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. It'll be interesting for them to interact with Stephen Strange and Wanda. I know Kang is now ascending, but as far as his powers and those of his variants are concerned, I wanna to know what the **** is goin' on. It'll be interesting to see Kang face off against Ant-Man and Wasp in 2023.

"And if you think I'm evil, well, just wait...till you meet my variants."
    - He Who Remains, referring to Kang the Conqueror