main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's New Warriors (Squirrel Girl!) [Cancelled]

Discussion in 'Community' started by cerealbox, Jul 10, 2017.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah definitely the Marvel TV ABC back catalog should be on there but I am wondering if Marvel TV will get any new, original content on Disney+ or for new content it'll be exclusively Marvel Studios and Marvel TV will have it's new, original content on Hulu.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Loeb has said they have D+ plans in the works.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    BigAl6ft6 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    This makes me very sad.

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah they haven't had a MODOK yet although Agents of SHIELD sort of brushed shoulders with a robot character saying they were designed only for killing. but I really don't think we need a multi-season MODOK arc, just give us MODOK off the jump please.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Marvel TV has done a lot of multi-season builds to character origins, though- sometimes in actuality, sometimes in characterization. Deathlok took most of a season. Skye took 2 seasons to become Daisy and 4 seasons to become Quake. Fisk didn't really become Kingpin until Season 3. Patsy took 3 seasons to become Hellcat. It took 3 seasons for Hive to finally emerge inside a character. Cloak & Dagger weren't really Cloak & Dagger until the very end of their series, either. One could even argue that it took 2.5 seasons of content for Frank to become the full-blown Punisher.

So, doing a 2 or 3 season evolution of Keith David into MODOK wouldn't be out of the ordinary, or even a bad idea, on its own. Of course, there'd be the issue of changing the character's origin, but that's a separate issue.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And we finally get some details about what happened and some visuals:

The info was posted by the showrunner in now-deleted tweets. The executive in question was later clarified to not be Loeb.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Perlmutter?

Yodaminch likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He’s still around, though. Sounds more like a TV-specific exec.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Can't Feige overrule decisions like that if they were made by a problematic former employee?

I'm surprised any one invididual other than Feige, or the head of Marvel TV prior to the merger of both divisions, would have the power to just cancel a show without approval from a higher power or others involved in the production.

It's wrong if the show got cancelled for that reason, though what I've seen of the footage it didn't exactly look like it had much of a budget. It looked worse than the cheap effects from the cancelled Inhumans show

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Feige didn’t have that power over Marvel TV projects. We’d probably be looking at an ABC or Freeform executive. Given that Freeform’s content tends to be very open on the subject in their shows, I’d say that narrows it down to ABC.

I know that there was a changing of the guard at ABC at one point, which is why Most Wanted never went to series (new exec not wanting to continue pet projects of former execs who were more gung-ho over Marvel projects). Might be overlap there with this (even though NW would have been a couple years after MW’s halting).

Only other possibility that comes to mind is if, after Freeform didn’t have room for the show, the exec in question is who prevented it from finding a new home somewhere else.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I refuse to believe the effects in this were worse than Inhumans.

Just an arrogant piece of **** show. Hated hated hated it, it made Iron Fist look like The West Wing.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Sounds more like an exec on whatever network New Warriors would have been on than anyone on the Marvel side. I hope they keep Vaintraub around if they ever give Squirrel Girl another shot though, she looks great in that test photo.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    She's been doing the animated VOs for a while apparently.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That's cool, I think Dove Cameron has been doing Spider-Gwen as well (or Ghost-Spider as they call her lately) which could lead to her getting the part (although I would love to see Stone return). Speaking of which, having watched M.O.D.O.K. (which shamefully does not have a season 2 order, c'mon Feige, I know you didn't greenlight it but it's great) they need to use Patton Oswalt for M.O.D.O.K. if he ever pops up in the MCU.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Patton already has several MCU roles ;).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and Yodaminch like this.