main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Secret Invasion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 11, 2022.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

[face_whistling]Fury was a one-eyed, one-gunned, skrull-huntin' monkeyfighter [face_whistling]

Glad to see this series is carrying on the TWS/FALWIN grounded-thriller style. Mighty curious to see how this series adapts the comic storyline- unlike TWS, it's taking a large scale crossover event and bringing in down to Earth in a smaller focus that happens to have larger ramifications. At least, going by the trailer.

All we need now are adaptations of World War Hulk (seemingly something we can expect, going by She-Hulk) and Fear Itself and that entire mega-run of Marvel comics from the 2000's will basically have been covered. And leave me in the dark about these films almost as much as the general audience! ;)

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, uh, why does Fury have both his eyes at 0:31 in the trailer and Maria Hill doesn't seem bothered by it -- or are they both Skrulls?

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You’re a Skrull

Juliet316 , heels1785 and Sarge like this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Maybe she is the Skrull and he's testing her.

5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Just keep skrulling

godisawesome and Juliet316 like this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think his eye is still bad, he's just not wearing a patch.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Not the same.

[​IMG]

The one in the trailer is colored like the primary eye.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I would still disagree- jumping to 0:30 of the trailer his scratched eye is still milkier/colored differently than the other (though the scratch is no longer as prominent as it was in TWS).

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It seems to be a lighting thing. There's at least three shots where the lighting has the bad eye looking almost normal, but you can still tell it is discolored. i do think that mountain man Fury is the real deal- I won't be shocked though if a skrull tries to impersonate him and looks like Fury 'normally' does and that's when Maria/Fury/Talos gets him or her.

Very curious about what's going on with Olivia Coleman and whoever she's interrogating.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep, I'm siding with Quest and Yoda on this one. Sorry dp. It looked discolored to me without the eyepatch in the trailer.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really like the angle they seem to be going for with this. They couldn’t really do the whole superheroes replaced by Skrulls thing with any major heroes so instead they seem to be going more for a paranoid thriller where the Skrulls have infiltrated the security apparatuses and political institutions. Very similar to TWS obviously.

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Not without any major repercussions to events in the MCU.

Master_Lok and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    June 21st has been announced as the release date!

Ghost, Jedi Ben, Juliet316 and 4 others like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yay (but definitely not early 2023 as the first release date suggested)

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Indeed. Functionally how is this different at all?

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Scope and objectives. Hydra was one conspiracy within one institution (they had influence elsewhere, of course, but it was primarily centered within SHIELD). This seems broader and worldwide, with more factions involved (ie: Skrulls vs Skrulls vs humans vs Fury). And beyond different methods (active infiltration vs established infiltration), the Skrulls will also presumably have differing goals than Hydra- we just don't know what they are yet (as they kept that as the mystery hook for the end of the trailer).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don’t know. I haven’t seen it yet.

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I somehow feel like the goal is going to end up being takeover/destroy the world, probably with some big giant sky beam device, that most likely can only destroyed through a 45 minute action sequence involving karate against a bunch of faceless goons.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The thing is, we don't know the motivations of the new Skrull faction. We've only met the refugees from CM1. If they're pulling from the comic book storyline at all, one assumes this new faction will involve the Queen and the more traditionally hostile Skrulls. Could be colonization, could involve some other action being taken against the Kree and Earth just happens to be in the middle.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder how the mention of Kree sleeper cells in Far From Home will tie into this if at all. Perhaps Earth is a battleground for these two competing factions.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Man, yeah. FFH seems so long ago that I'd totally forgotten about that name drop.

Juliet316 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I wonder how this will all tie into Avengers, if at all.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some new story deets- seems like the inspirational distinction between TWS & SI will be SI being based on Cold War espionage stories vs the political thriller origins of TWS- although there will be political aspects to the story by its very nature:

"Producer Jonathan Schwartz says the series takes inspiration from Cold War espionage thrillers be it shows like “The Americans” to the works of John le Carre (“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy”) where you can only trust people “to a certain point”.

The piece confirms that Emilia Clarke will be playing Talos’ Skrull daughter G’iah who is part of a radicalized group of Skrulls led by resistance leader Gravik (Kingsley Ben-Adir).

Olivia Colman also stars as an antagonistic MI6 agent, with her co-star Samuel L. Jackson saying: “It’s somebody that you’ve never seen her play before. She’s cold-blooded and just relishes being that person.”

Jackson reprises his role as Nick Fury and teams up with Captain Marvel’s Ben Mendelsohn who is returning as Talos – the pseudo-leader of the Skrulls. Jackson says the show, by its nature, wil be seen as political: “There’s a political aspect that kind of fits into where we are right now. Who’s okay, who’s not?”

Other returning MCU veterans include Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Martin Freeman as Everett Ross, and Don Cheadle as James Rhodes. Smulders says don’t expect MCU hero cameos: “There’s nobody here who’s glossy and ready for action in a spandex one-piece.”"

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ross will be interesting to see considering how he ended up in Black Panther 2

Jedi Merkurian and Yodaminch like this.
  25. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Big Time trailer tonight during the Baseball game ( first sunday night game of the season) on ESPN.