main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, May 17, 2022.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_laugh], bolded makes me think of Monty Python’s Tim the Wizard. Carry on.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    What have the complaints been regarding Rosario's costume? The Lekku not being long enough? I haven't heard anything about questionable CGI effects with her; considering she doesn't use any. What you see in the LA shows is how she looks in full costume.
    [​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, what's this?

Oh, just the internet freaking out over a few seconds of footage.

TX-20 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I get they had to change the lekku for practical reasons, but I don't think it looks like a natural part of her head

The Twi-leks in Book of Boba Fett look like their lekku are a normal extension of their head, Dawson looks like she's wearing a hat.
    A creased rubber hat.

It've seen amateur cosplayers at comic con with better Ahsoka costumes than that
    Given the budget, could have been much better.
    But that's not new either, and it's certainly not limited to Star Wars

[​IMG]

SHAD0W-JEDI and heels1785 like this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The argument that I've heard is that the longer lekku isn't practical for the action sequences. You'll then bring up the LA Shaak Ti in AOTC on Geonosis; but she's not really running around all that much the way Rosario's role demands.

But that is still in reference to costumes; not CGI. If Ahsoka (or Grogu or Black Krrsantan for that matter) were digitized as opposed to the actors wearing costumes, there'd likely be more people screaming about it, not less.

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Amazing!

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Bruce is human and still has his arm in a sling, I am so confused!

And he still doesn't have Carol's number, probably.

(why are people jabbering about the CGi, this is like 900x more important)

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Don't get me wrong, I'm actually hugely excited about this series--it's the MCU show I'm most hyped to see this year by far.

But the reason I, for my part, am griping about the CGI is, Tatiana Maslany is an absolute legend whom I've been waiting to see come back on a mainstream show, and she deserves better than visual effects that would've looked dated 10-15 years ago. I'm hoping they'll continue to polish it in post. (Still, weird they posted a trailer that's visually below usual MCU standards.)

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You haven't seen the Hulk and Black Widow parody gif, that I've seen. [face_hypnotized]

Same with Freeborn Yoda.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Disney isn't exactly poor, can't be that hard to bump up the budget an extra $5-10 mil just to get better visual effects if it's important to bring the central character to life.

Netflix is breaking the bank to deliver on Stranger Things , so is Amazon for the LOTR series.

I prefer costumes, practical effects look better because they're actually there.

I don't have a problem with decisions made for practical purposes, but they could still have been done better with a little more time and effort put in.
    The Grand Inquisitor doesn't have to have a big head, but he lacks the other features also. He looks like a completely different race to what we saw in Rebels, how hard is it to get that right?
    Rosario Dawson can get functional lekku that help her do the fight stuff without it looking like a cheap rubber costume shop prop they stuck on her head.

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Speaking of shows that look way cheaper than they should.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    We'll see what happens when any of these shows finally arrive.

But I'd expect big spectacle from Amazon if they spend over $500million making a TV show

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That could end up being Netflix paying for its own epitaph.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Don’t you dare try and tell me that isn’t a real baby alien! :mad:

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I can definitely tell you that all the CGI in the Star Wars TV shows is of a much higher quality than this CGI.

ETA: To demonstrate, it's precisely this much better (explanation: the mudhorn represents Star Wars TV CGI, and Din Djarin represents She-Hulk CGI):

[​IMG]

Agreed - she's incredible. I actually really wanted Maslany to play Rey in the ST (when it was rumored she was in the running). I think the trilogy would've been significantly improved with her charisma at its center.

Rew likes this.
  17. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Well, in the Dr. Strange thread i said that MCU's phase 4 main problem is the timeline. You basicly have no idea when the events are happening.
    As for Bruce arm it could that the series ( like Hawkeye) is set more than a year after Endgame while Shang Chi was just a couple of months after it. Marvel is not really clear about that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Star Wars TV is heavy in the practical effects though and is smart enough to try to mask things that are CGI heavy with stuff like mud or sand (the way Spielberg was able to hide the 90s Dinosaur CGI in Jurassic Park by having the full body shots generally in the dark or the rain intercut with close ups of the animatronics that looked good).

Marvel doesn't really do stuff much like that as far as I'm aware.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    [​IMG]

This looks really bad and I feel bad for the CG artists who are going to be overworked and underpaid to try and make it passable by August. Show otherwise looks... fine. A bit generic but I wonder if they're toning down whatever uniqueness it might have to make it more palatable to wider audiences.

Rew and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    …you know people that think Grogu is real?

Juliet316 and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I mean, Grogu is real. In terms of being physically there on set for the actors to interact with and react to what is happening rather than talking to a ball on a stick.
    Far more real than Prequels Yoda

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    POINT OF ORDER:

[​IMG]

This series is misnamed...

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    =D=[face_laugh] (yep, well played)

May I suggest:

She-Haas-Hulk
    Avocado at Law :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A) She-Hulk is set before Shang-Chi (or possibly even Endgame, but that's less likely since they've talked about focusing on the Blip metaphor for Covid, etc as a Phase 4 theme) and his experiments here are what helps him return to human form in SC.
    A-1) A pre-Endgame setting would explain the arm. A post-Endgame/pre-SC setting could suggest that Prof Hulk's arm has healed but not puny Banner's.

B) She-Hulk is set after SC and he's always been able to swap back and forth, but has chosen to stay half-and-half/best-of-both-worlds the entire time until SC for whatever reason.

C) She-Hulk is set after SC and is what turns him back into Prof. Hulk after whatever events turned him human before SC.
    B-1/C-1) His arm has healed since then.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.