main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, May 17, 2022.

1. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015

PS
    It seems one of the show's plot is about Blomsky running a holistic resort with an anger management clinic for "super" people!

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    renewed hope that paste-pot pete and asbestos lady will join the mcu. i hope they get nuts with this show, it is looking and sounding better and better as we get closer.

Yodaminch and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Other than it would conflict with Agents of SHIELD, I'd love to see another version of the Absorbing Man again...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have said a dozen times the Thanos-level MCU threat needs to be Unus the Untouchable.

5. nilzo antonio

Dec 31, 2015
    More clips

First lesson from this series:

If you speculate about Steve Rogers sexual life punishment comes down from the sky [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Sarge, SHAD0W-JEDI and Juliet316 like this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Is that the Grandmaster's ship from Thor: Ragnarok?

7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Looks like it, [face_laugh]

and new footage etc.

[face_rofl]=D= I love how they are ripping on Law & Order. I hope they continue to do that in the show, as I can only imagine how funny that will be (and I’m happy because the courtroom is where I really want to see Matt Murdock.)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    nilzo antonio and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    "The heroes who save them and the attorneys who clean up their collateral damage. But only one can be both. This is her story."

Matt Murdock: Am I a joke to you?

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Actually, I get why they do not include Matt. Matt doesn’t clean up the damage done by the Avengers, etc. He takes out the street-level trash. So Jenn is dealing with superheroes and villains who destroy cities etc.. And she has the potential to also inflict that kind of destruction.

In the MCU, Matt’s dealing with more realistic clients, including Frank but that went south. So Matt is the same, but his clients are more grounded. The rumor is here, Matt is defending a
    superhero tailor -whom everyone hopes is Melvin. I think Melvin was the Gladiator in the DD comics too, but I haven’t read those yet.

darth-sinister, Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Fun fact: Just today I watched a YouTube video by an actual lawyer analyzing that episode where Matt defends Frank. There was... a lot of wackiness that would never happen in an actual courtroom, as you can imagine. :p

EDIT:
    I can only imagine the field day that YouTuber will have when She-Hulk starts streaming!

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The lawyer suddenly had a heart attack.

[​IMG]

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes! I’ve seen that clip.
    Very interesting.

Have to check if he ever covered Matt’s pro bono win from the Defenders first episode. I adore that courtroom scene and hope for more like that in Daredevil Born Again.

And, yes, I can only wonder what this lawyer will think of She-Hulk. I’ve worked in the legal industry for years and have spotted law firm accuracies in Daredevil (I especially remember accurate bits from the flashback to Matt & Foggy as summer associates at that big law firm.) I’ll be looking forward to seeing if there’s anything I recognize in She-Hulk. I’m still working legal but remote these days. [face_laugh][face_dancing]

And obviously another reason why they only went with Jenn (It’s her show.):D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    Juliet316 and Rew like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Feels like a mistake to have this compete with House of the Dragon, though. Perhaps they figure the shows are so dramatically different that there really won’t be a competition?

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Isn't House of Dragon on Sundays? Thursday and Sunday aren't really competing un the streaming world...

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    As someone who has no idea what day it is these days, all days of the week compete with each other.

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So in Variety’s timeline it’s past August 18th and She-Hulk already launched Typo: They typed launched instead of launches… [face_laugh]

Anyway, Ruffalo has a point about Marvel being many different things, I’m glad for that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’d argue that a streaming-only product also changes the calculation for TV shows dueling with each other - it’s like automatic TiVo, that likely has its “premiere numbers” collected in peaks and valleys on the day of its release.

I for one could have tried catching all The Mandalorian episodes at their earliest release hour… but I’m a teacher at a public school, so that wasn’t going to happen. I was a 4 o’clock watcher.

Jedi Merkurian and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. But I’m more talking about competition in the social media space. In the online conversation and buzz-building department.

20. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Oh, I don’t think these properties are near enough in genre at all to really cannibalize each other’s social media presence. And social media itself is too defined by a short attention span to really worry about geek properties sucking all the oxygen out of the room.

21. nilzo antonio

Dec 31, 2015
  22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ [face_laugh] I love how they are gleefully making fun of all things law-yerish, including those cheesy ambulance chasing local law firm ads.

Word is there will be a post credit scene for every episode. I’m not complaining. If it’s satire like this, I’m game. Looking forward to the show.

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Tatiana from Regina!

Like Deadpool said, "Regina rhymes with fun!"

Ended up watchin Incredible Hulk on Netflix. Not sure where it is in the US but in Canada it's on Crave and Netflix. and then D+ One shot The Consultant (only place on D+ where you can see footage from The Incredible Hulk and the credits at the end say "The Incredible Hulk footage courtesy of Marvel Studios" no mention of Universal) and Legends Hulk episode which is a pretty good recap of the Rufflao run. And a '96 Incredible Hulk cartoon that is She-Hulk's origin. For some reason Doctor Doom is in it and he commands Hulk to storm the US Capitol. Really!

I am vaguely wondering why D+ moved She-Hulk to Thursdays when it was supposed to start on Wednesday the 17th, maybe they don't want it to bump up against Andor like Obi-Wan and Ms Marvel were ontop of each other.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    Juliet316 likes this.