main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's The Defenders

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jul 21, 2016.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Netflix's Rebranding Of THE DEFENDERS Facebook Page Calls Potential Sequel Series Into Question

[​IMG]

Marvel TV Head Says Second Run of ‘The Defenders’ Not Off the Table
    Even though I like the team up characters that made the initial Defenders team, I would be in favor of mixing things up because pretty much everyone on the initial Defenders was in a mood and brooding. There wasn't really any contrast or interesting dynamics between the characters. Now, if they brought in a Jennifer Walters, that would be awesome.

[​IMG]

Even a Ghostrider and or a Moon Knight, which many fanboys are clamoring for. Of course, Namor as well is a possibility. More likely is Hellcat.

[​IMG]

Hellcat and Jen Walters!

[​IMG]

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hopefully they do at least one more miniseries. The first series may have stumbled a little in the backhalf but everything up to and including the chinese drive through was great- and even the finale had some good character moments beyond the action. New characters would be welcome, of course, but I'd still like to see the original 4 brought back together. Danny is at his best when he's playing off of Luke and Jessica plays off anybody extremely well and brings the more grounded POV to the table.

Not to mention Defenders has the most kick-ass theme of the Netflix shows.

Mia Mesharad and Rew like this.
  3. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Yeah, my line of thinking is similar to that of 2ndQuest. While The Defenders had plenty of problems, for me it was not so much, "This sucks, it needs to be scrapped," and more like, "This isn't as good as it could be, it's not living up to its potential." I do hope there is a Defenders season 2, or at least a scenario where the heroes can cross over and bounce off each other again. The Matt-Jessica banter was always my favorite. (Well honestly, Jessica makes everything better in general!)

EDIT: Also, it really did have the best intro sequence.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To be honest I enjoyed every minute of this so I would happily have another series. Especially the third and fourth episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Wouldn’t mind them giving another crack at it. I like the main characters, for the most part - think that the majority of the series was disappointing, but there were a dozen or so incredibly memorable moments that saved it from the trash heap of Iron Fist, Punisher, and JJ S2.

Elektra/DD drove nearly all of those moments, so I’d certainly hope for more of them.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I really liked Sigourney Weaver for as long as she was in it -- but it definitely seemed to come to a crashing middle as soon as she was out of the picture.

Rew likes this.
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd be 100% down with a full female defenders stores. Especially with
    Colleen holding the Iron Fist
    , you could have Colleen, Jessica, Misty leading the team up.

I thought the first Defenders series was ok for what it was. It certainly could have been better. I think given the lessons learned the creative applied to Iron Fist Season 2 to show marked improvement from Season 1, you might get a similar return on Defenders.

Rew and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.