main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's WandaVision

Discussion in 'Community' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 3, 2020.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Some interesting speculation I’ve seen is that Dottie is Mephisto. Based on some of the dialogue about her like Agnes saying she’s “the key to everything in this town.” Either Wanda is trapped by Mephisto or perhaps Wanda is the one containing Mephisto in this alternate reality.

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Or
    Wanda, in her grief, went to Mephisto (or someone else) to recreate a new reality and this is what she gets. Meanwhile, others are trying to reach her. Perhaps the guy from the manhole is actually a "good guy" trying to get inside of this reality.

So may possibilities. I like the "who dunnit?" aspect of the show already. It's a theory wonderworld.

But @Chancellor_Ewok the stones are gone. In real time, they are destroyed by Thanos. I DO wonder if Cap, having lived out his time through the Quantum Realm, inadvertently caused a lot of this mess.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  3. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    Apparently there was a clip in the trailers where a real version of the same toy helicopter is enterting some kind of orb. So it's speculated that maybe the helicopter tried entering Wanda's reality, and Monica Rambeau was the pilot. Upon entering Monica lost her memories and the helicopter became the toy, hence why it is colored.

[​IMG]

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Plus that line about “the Devil.” Good thinking!

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes, definitely something different for the MCU. Honestly I could probably just watch a 60's styled show with these two even if there wasn't something else obviously going on, it was funny and entertaining and Olsen and Bettany have great chemistry.

6. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Well and there's also
    the person who clicked off the TV at the end of episode 1 in what looks like a TV studio with multiple cameras. So someone could be creating this for their own enjoyment OR to monitor someone/something.

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    There’s a SWORD logo next to the monitor, for what is worth.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    "The Devil is in the Details" - Agnes
    "That's not all he's in" - Dottie

I'm fully subscribed to this theory

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So seeing lots of speculation

Dottie = Mephisto is a good one.
    Also seeing thoughts that the beekeeper is A.I.M. which would also tie into Strucker. It always seemed like there was more to that plot. We know HYDRA did brainwashing with Bucky. Who is to say they didn't activate something with Wanda or that something didn't trigger after Endgame?
    Pretty obvious SWORD is trying to get to her. Unclear if Jimmy Woo is part of SWORD or just one of several agencies trying to get to her. Monica is in it of course and seems unable to remember anything though she is trying. The question I have is how Darcy fits into all of this. She's a scientist so is she trying to help Jimmy break through? Is she how Monica got into this world in the first place?

Vision is clearly dead in my opinion. But the odd thing here is that we see him go to work and other places. So Wanda is imagining all of this or someone is having her see it. Agnes- I thought she was Agatha Harkness and I haven't given that up but so far it is hard to tell.

And what does Stark Industries have to do with all of this? The toaster with Stark was not just a toaster. Is this a machine that is trying to help them get to Wanda? We know Tony feared Wanda's powers in Civil War- it would make sense for him to plan a way to contain her if necessary.

Also, it's abundantly clear how powerful Wanda has gotten. Which is why it was odd that she couldn't just cook the food. She is clearly struggling with this amount of power (overcooking the chicken, turning it into eggs). So while she clearly has more power, it's also indicative that she is not in full control of it. Now, she definitely has some control over her reality by rewinding things and going to color tv at the end.

As to the shows, I think each one is trying to tell us something.

50s in Episode 1: This seems to focus on marita bliss and has the typical housewife, husband dynamic. Definitely very Dick Van Dyke (which is no surprise since they actually consulted him on this).Important that they can't remember marrying, having an anniversary etc. But ends with them essentially marrying "I do" with Wanda making the rings.
    60s in Episode 2: Clearly Bewitched right down to the cartoon. This seemed to focus on the more advanced couple dynamics. The whole "for the children" thing seemed to be about Wanda's desire for children (notice how we have yet to see any kids any place in this world so far)
    So if 70s are Episode 3 and we are headed for a brady brunch type of sitcom, what does that entail without kids? Therefore, I think the episode may well end with the birth of the twins.
    Why? Because I think the trailers have been hiding the kids. I think the 80s and likely 90s sitcoms are going to be Growing Pains and Full House homages that deal with the challenge of parenting these kids. Thinking about it, if 90s is like a Full House, could we see 'Uncle Jessie' in the form of Pietro returning?

Now, how does this all fit in with Wanda? She's Sokovian and they chose to remind us of that fact in the very first episode. Perhaps these were reruns of shows she watched as a kid? And given this was a war torn country, perhaps the idolized these shows and their worlds and tries to make her own perfect world following the always happy ending of these sitcoms to cope with her depression and the loss of Vision, Pietro, her parents, and all the rest.

Lastly, cameos. I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Fury shows up in some way. He may have been the one to send SWORD. It also would be very likely to see the Doctor making a house call.

And if Dottie is Mephisto and the the Madness of the Multiverse is setting up Nightmare,we might be getting more there.

Remember there were plans for a Ghost Rider hulu series that was cancelled. Is this because Feige already had plans to tie Ghost Rider into another series or film?

Lots to think about...

10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    The only issue I see with this theory is that I find it kind of hard to square Dottie being Mephisto with her very confused "what is that? where are you?" during the radio incident. But even if it's not Dottie herself, it's a good point in favor of Meph being somehow involved.

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    The thought I had was that Vision was using the Mind Stone to think with and Wanda is a telepath. So maybe in the instant before she tried to destroy the Mind Stone at the end of Infinity War, she unintentionally created a psychic link with the Mind Stone, which contains an imprint of Vision. Granted that doesn’t explain the TV and all the computer monitors at the end of Ep.1, but that was my initial thought.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    So if they are
    chopping through a decade per show
    then does that mean
    by the time we get to the last 2 or 3 episodes, they will be in the current timeframe?

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well

WandaVision is certainly very odd.
    Must be great fun for Olsen & Bettany though, so different to what they've been doing.

Interesting that

SWORD seems to be involved somehow.

I like the random commercials for products

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    I have to say, I wasn't really a fan of the show after the first 2 episodes, I only really liked the ways in which it was trying to connect to the greater MCU. The sitcom parts felt draggy to me at times. But a few hours after watching these episodes, I'm really enjoying the speculation on the show. The suspense surrounding it and what's really happening is really exciting. Plus I don't think it'll feel as slow in the upcoming episodes.

15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    really fun and really weird start, can’t wait to see where it goes

definitely did not think of Mephisto when I was watching, but I like the idea now that I’ve read it. Looking forward to see how sword is involved.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  16. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Second episode was better than the first

The first was hard to get through but the second was a bit easier. I'll give the season a try but if episode 3 doesn't pick things up I'll likely sack it off

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    So far it's a grating and endless parade of 50s-60s tv tropes throttled back to about 30% of the wit and humor of some of those classic sitcoms, also a poorly executed remake of Pleasantville. The mystery is intriguing, but the show itself is a brutal grind to watch.

18. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Makes you think that perhaps
    skrulls or kree
    are possibly involved tying into
    Secret Wars

19. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Its weird and I love it.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Plus it's in old style 4:9 ratio

21. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    possibly, I’m all for more cosmic connections

22. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah it's like we got The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, and Bewitched bringing up the front but you can hear The Twilight Zone clawing at the back door whispering "let me in".

23. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    I wondered whether Marvel would deviate from their assembly-line-epic style, and boy, it looks like they did. This looks like it's right up my alley.

24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    These first two episodes have been the most interesting Marvel production since the two Guardians movies, in my opinion. I'm really into what I'm seeing here so far.

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, the first episode in particular was typical I Love Lucy nonsense, but with Avengers, and yes, this is going to turned into a complete mind**** by the end.