main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's WandaVision

Discussion in 'Community' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 3, 2020.

1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Just like with The Mandalorian, Marvel can bring in lore from comics and other sources BUT they can't assign homework to viewers in order for them to understand. In other words, whatever and whoever they bring in from comics, they will have to make them understandable for average viewers. They can connect to the movies all they want, but they will have to quickly and effectively explain other elements clearly enough so that viewers know what is going on. That is why the Marvel movies worked. They took elements from comics, but didn't require audiences to do any research to have a clue. Sure, you had to see the movies, but that's it.

So things like SWORD and AIM and any other characters will have to be introduced as being fresh. I'm not so sure if things are going to be quite as complicated as we think they might be.

However, as long as they DON'T go the route of LOST have and a million questions and clues which go absolutely nowhere. We're talking about a completely different plan with theatrical films that are connected so I can't see that happening. Likewise, we are talking about Feige who holds it all together extremely well with a vision that has always worked.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    All through the first episode, I was thinking that the actors are doing fine at playing iconic 50's era characters... but they can't hold a candle to Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    dawn chambers from mad men was in episode 2, that was exciting.

very slow burn thusfar story-wise, but the core relationship is wonderful, of course. can tell how much fun they're having.

4. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I recommend to relative newcomers the "Legends" on Disney plus-the first two episodes are about Wanda and Vision.

They are mostly done in the style of Snape's memories in Deathly Hallows Part 2. They are a great recap of their characters.

@Sarge I don't think it's the point to compete with the original stars of the eras they portray. The sitcom aspect seems secondary or tertiary to the real story at hand.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    If you keep your eyes open, you can see what the beekeeper is in the featurette they released after the episodes.

6. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    One of the bigger questions is how Wanda suddenly becomes
    pregnant with children from someone who isn't even human.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, I get that, but considering how closely WV is mimicking the classic old sitcom style, I find it impossible to not make the comparison.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There's an easy but sad answer for that
    My guess is they'll be figments of her imagination. Like what Vision probably is. And when this dream comes to an end, well, she is not going to be happy.

9. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Maybe, but there is a lot of speculation that
    someone wants her children and may be one of the biggest reasons this whole thing is happening.

Jedi Merkurian and Yodaminch like this.
  10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    She’s totally gonna do something like that to somebody.....

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it's a poor comparison; but the notion that it's all a dream/her imagination kind of reminded me of Harley's dream sequence in Suicide Squad.

12. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Just finished ep 2. Really like the series so far. I like how things keep subtly changing, like how the house layout in the first ep was completely different than the house in ep 2. (probably making fun of how pilots sometimes have different sets) Also noticed a few "Hydra" logos in the advertising.

Looking forward to see the show continue changing through the decades of tv history.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

Yodaminch likes this.
  14. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Who is that?

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m trying to give the show a chance and I feel like I’m missing a lot, so I’ll try this.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    They're changing the sets to match the specific shows each episode is channeling. The first was The Dick Van Dyke Show and the second Bewitched.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I'm generally expecting The Brady Bunch for the 1970s...

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Any chance they'll mimic Married With Children if they time warp into the 80s?

19. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    From the trailers the 80's looks like it will be Family Ties

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    she's a witch Harry

21. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    This a good video about the twin's theory:

As the video implies it seems the reasoning behind all are the children of Wanda(12 minutes on)

Ghost likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nahh, I'm sure she'll be completely reasonable and stable after that...

23. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I hope this has a plot and isn’t episodic.

24. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    I have a bit of another wild theory, what if someone is doing this to hold the village hostage, and make it seem like Wanda is doing it. It doesn't really seem like this is taking place in a pocket dimension, it seems more like to me this is taking place in a specific village on Earth because
    I don't think you can just fly a helicopter into a pocket dimension
    and if this was a pocket dimension, I don't think Sword would have noticed for a while, and only figured out how to get in much later). Maybe whoever it is is holding these people hostage using Wanda's powers, and then broadcasting it for the world to see.

My best guess on who it would be if this was the case would be Zemo (who is returning in Falcon and the Winter Soldier) or any of his associates. After all, one of his main goals in Civil War was to ruin the avengers reputation, what better way than to see one hold a village hostage and turn them into mindless robots simply because she was unable to control her emotions. The world doesn't really have a good opinion of Wanda anyway, after what happened in Lagos. Why else would you be broadcasting this as a TV show? The only problem is iirc, Falcon and the Winter Soldier was originally meant to come out before Wandavision.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    A demon villain that is literally using Wanda's twin children as his arms.