main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler

Only being a visitor in this colony, and for that matter, the planet, Kesler didn't know anything about it. The place was over-run with evil robots and half-human creatures, and now gas was leaking into the colony? What the hell do they do now?

"We don't have much time," Kai stated.

Kesler's shoulders drooped and his grip loosened on his weapon, which now had a charge again. "So is that it, then? We're finished?"

TAG: Livi, Fin

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007

Entering the ENDGAME now.

Stairs . . .

The spiders walked upand down transporting all kinds of materials. it was obviously the shiny more sophisticated spiders cooridnated the less technologically advanced ones. But none of the even reacted to Lyle´s presence. They were not scouts. They simply had no orders to scout. Obviously the machines stopped expecting survivors.

Lyle found most doors locked on his way upstairs. But the Administration would probably still be open. before he found out his emergency communicator hummed alive. A female voice came from it and with tesned words spoke right into Lyle´s ears.

"Here is the Gunship Ashen One, this is Beyana from the geographic department, does anybody here me? is anybody alive down there? I am hoovering over the colony and it looks as if it is in pretty bad shape. I see atmosphere leaving. Is anybody down there? Is anybody still alive? Please, please tell me I am not alone out here. My team got . . ." She hesitated while searching for a term to describe the happenings in the most possibly shortest form. "Gone. I am the only survivor of the expedition. But my ship is intact. Is anybody down there? Is anybody down there?"

Tag: Sarge

Crew Quarters . . .

"I think the Administrator´s office can be sealed. We ad discussed the security risk they might bring you there, once we tried to catch you. But . . . they´re upstairs. And . . . " Manfred sighed in frustration and slid down the wall. "We may never reach them. Humans got what, four minutes tops once they breath the gas?" He shook his head. They were done, were they? He nodded. "And these things will get into it in time and with them, the gas. Yeah I think we´re pretty much done. We can try and buy us time, but without help . . ."

Shaking his head he stayed silent, as valuable seconds passed between the three.

Then suddenly Kai´s communicator hummed alive. Her omnitool activating automatically as someone used the emergency channel to broadcast. It was ann external channel used. As the miners did when contacting the colony or the . . .

"Here is the Gunship Ashen One, this is Beyana from the geographic department, does anybody here me? is anybody alive down there? I am hoovering over the colony and it looks as if it is in pretty bad shape. I see atmosphere leaving. Is anybody down there? Is anybody still alive? Please, please tell me I am not alone out here. My team got . . ." She hesitated while searching for a term to describe the happenings in the most possibly shortest form. "Gone. I am the only survivor of the expedition. But my ship is intact. Is anybody down there? Is anybody down there?"

She was obviously stressed, as her random reports of info indicated. Beyana was a scientist, not used to military code of communication. The chief of analysis had spend her month here analysing rock. now she suddenly was their last hope in a lost battle. Because she had the gunship. The vacuum sealed gunship that also had the most powerful weapons on all of Moloch. And the ship could take over thirrty people aboard.

"Who is that?" Manfred asked and leaned forward. A glimmer of hope in his exhausted eyes.

Tag: Livi, Dubya

A NOTE: You can both answer her, but you cannot talk to each other as intenral comm is still blocked. You need a central communication station to do so, the Gunship got one of it´s own. Beyana can connect you through it, though. As Lyle and Kai will know. for now respond seperatly, please.

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

She watched the last one die, even when it collapsed, her gun fired a final burst into it´s head. And then there was silcence. Awkward, depressing silence. Death was in the air but Aleena had not expected to get that far. And she was unhurt. Alive. She was ready to takke the fight to them. If it was the last thing she did, she was ready.

Allowing her rifle to swing to her side again and cool down, she took out her sidearms and began to enter the inner ring. The gun first, the light leading her way, always pointing at any potential danger that was awaiting her down here . . .

Almost there.

And what would she do when she arrived?

Try to kill them all. It did not get more simle than that when it came to planning.

Tag: Fin

4. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Unknown Colony . . .

One more corner. It seemed to be always one more corner. But after an eternally seeming hike through the ruins of the humming, dead city of the machines it was suddenly in front of her. Exactly as it had been described. The technology was recognizable different, familiar to her. Consoles had been imporvised into the structure of the city with Asari and human writing all over it. At it´s feet lay a dead Krogan. Shot. And then the path of consoles lead up to a strucutre in the center of this attached part of contemporary and primitve technology. And there it was, howling, beeping. Twice as big a the asari herself.

The Reactor.

[image=http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1381/scifi.png]

It stood there as if it was waiting for Aleena.

But right in front of it stood a creature in crimosn robes and armor. It had it´s back to Aleena, but the suit was easy to be identified as an Quarian armor. It seemd to stand in front of the reactor, it´s head bowed as it was a sleep. Or praying. Hard to say from behind. It did ignore her though.

Tag: Sirak

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

The reactor. She had made it here, but fully aware the most deadly traps would be right here, her gun pointed the way. Turning into the direction of her probing, searching eyes, as she entered enclave of familiarity inside this alien place Aleena breathed heavy. Then her eyes fell on the creature seemignly waiting there. For her? For the machines? The Quarian. The Salaarian had mentioned he went here and never returned.

Still breathing more heavy and loud than she felt comfortable with she slowly neared him from behind, her gun pointed right at his head. The Quarian had broke off contact, right? He had said something like that. He was potentially in league with these machines. He was suspicious of having them released in the very first plkace, was he? ?HEY!? She barked out, her Avenger firmly pointed at the things back of the head as she slowly stretched forward one hand to turn it, once she was near enough.

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Unknown Colony . . .

The Quarian turned in a sudden move. It´s dead eyes stared right at Aleena, as it stepped forward to her, ignoring her gun. With it´s filtered voice it seemed almsot to whisper. But the words echoed from the city.

?Welcome to the sea of perdition, Asari.? It greeted her. ?You should not have come here.?

[image=http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229259_10150169136146645_85811091644_6930960_5188037_n.jpg]

The Quarian then turned and seemed to ignore the Asari with her gun, as it stepped towards a console and began punching a code.

Tag: Sirak (watch PM)

7. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Crew Quarters

Kai visibly jolted in shock as her omnitool's comm system chirped.

"Here is the Gunship Ashen One, this is Beyana from the geographic department, does anybody here me? is anybody alive down there? I am hoovering over the colony and it looks as if it is in pretty bad shape. I see atmosphere leaving. Is anybody down there? Is anybody still alive? Please, please tell me I am not alone out here. My team got . . ."

There was a long pause. Kai held her breath. Had the connection shorted?

"Gone. I am the only survivor of the expedition. But my ship is intact. Is anybody down there? Is anybody down there?"

Ignoring Manfred, Kai tapped frantically at her omnitool, fingers shaking as she hurried to answer the signal.

"Beyana, this is engineer Kai'Thala. I have two others with me and we need immediate evacuation. Beyana, do you read me?"

The young quarian held her breath as she waited for an answer. Once again she prayed to her ancestors, but this time with hope, not despair. Please, she begged. Please, let this be our escape.

[TAG fins, others]

8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007

Aleena
    Unknown Colony

?Stop it!? She yelled and walked after him, the rifle still pointed at the creature. The quarian did not stop. He punched code after code. ?STOP IT I SAID!? she yelled. Bandwidth and channels appeeared onthe console. It was the communications console. It was her way to call Ashen. Aleena did not give it a second thought. Any risk of loosing it was too big. She pulled the trigger and a burst ripped the quarian´s chest apart. He tried to grab the console to stay with it but fell over. Slowly it came back to it´s feet. ?I always wondered what you look like, ugly.? And the second burst riped apart the Quarians head. The thing collapsed.

Aleena did not give herself time to reflect. She had to do what she came for. She leaped over to the console and saw the thing had tried to lock it. With a smile she realized it had not managed to do so. ?Ashen?? She called over their frequency. ?Ashen, please copy this is chief of security Aleena, straight out of hell.?

There was no answer. Only then she saw it. No signal. She had no signal.

She was alone.

Looking at the reactor she felt her body tremble with exhaustion. An energy core with an adamantium frame and six shields to contain it.

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Crew Quarters . . .

Manfred shouted out in joy. He immediately crawled closer to Kai to listen.

Beyana laughed out in joy on the other side. "Kai, kai is that you? By the Gods someone is alive. Evacuation. I checked it. The hangar doors do not open. The airlocks seem pretty damaged. Where could I pick you up? I am not as familiar with the station . . . "

Manfred looked at Kai. "The Roof! That was our pick up point. It is perfect. She can even land there." He smiled for the fiirst time since they met him.

"We get there through the Administrators office. Need to pick him up anyway." He looked at Kesler. "You got your gun ready? One last runand we´re out of here!"

He seemed over-enthusiasticly ignoring what horrors the station would probably throw at them.

"I don´t dare to ask, but . . . is Dr. Merlot with you?" Beyana asked over comm.

Tag: Kai, Dubya

10. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Stairs

As Lyle's foot stepped near the line of scavenging spiders, he held his breath...and then let it out slowly when the spiders, again, seemed to completely ignore him.

Must be programmed specifically to scavenge, Lyle assumed. They don't have any programming to help them respond to outside influences. Like me.

Again, Lyle was tempted to just mow the lot of them down with his assault rifle since they seemed to think that he didn't exist. But, also again, he held back. Just because they didn't have response to a neutral presence, it didn't mean that they didn't have some kind defensive measures for if any hostile actions were taken upon them. Best not push his luck; he still couldn't believe that he was stepping amidst a whole swarm of them.

"Here is the Gunship Ashen One, this is Beyana from the geographic department, does anybody here me?"

Lyle nearly jumped out of his suit at the voice that spoke up over his comms and he had immediately looked down at the spiders to make sure that this action did not startle them. When he saw that he didn't, Lyle keyed his suit's comm with the response, "This is Lyle Parker, identification number 221A. I'm a miner and I am alive. I am currently at the stairs heading to Administration. Gas is leaking into the colony but I can seal off the place and get clear for pickup. Please tell me that you can see a clear landing spot somewhere nearby."

He was so relieved to hear the word 'ship' - a real, live working ship - that it took Lyle a lot longer to realize just who it was on the comms. Beyana? As in the Beyana that Merlot had mentioned?

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Stairs . . .

"Parker, this is Beyana, head of geology. Good to hear your voice. I got contact to another group of survivors and all hangars seem to be blocked. Airlocks don´t respond to my commands. I . . . am no pilot, I need a pick up point." The stress of the woman was obvious. "Wait, I patch you threw. Group One, I got Miner Parker in the line you should hear him now and he you. I . . ." She broke of again, obviously checking if it worked. "Gas is entering in the lower sections. You need to go up. You got another twelve minutes then the colony will be flooded with Molochs atmosphere. Any ideas where I can pick you up?"

The spiders suddenly stopeed around Lyle. He saw them drop everything they had scavenged and then they turned and began to rush down the stairs. Lyle had to be careful not to be flooded down, too. But it was only a few seconds and he heard them below, while he was left with all kinds of material lying around him.

"Parker, Group. I repeat my question is Dr. Merlot with you? He is my . . ." Again a break. " . . . Man."

Tag: Livi, Dubya, Sarge, TSG (for spiders)

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Stairs

Just as Lyle was relieved to hear Beyana's voice, he was equally relieved to hear that there were in fact more survivors other then himself. Just as he thought he was the last...there was no best way to describe the sheer relief that he felt. But they still needed to figure out how to get out of here.

"This is Parker," Lyle spoke, mostly for the benefit of the other group that could now hear him. "I am at the stairs at the northern edge of the colony. It leads to administration and it can be sealed off from the gas. Unless you have another path, this is probably your best bet if you're close enough. There's..."

Lyle paused and leaped to the side as the spiders around him suddenly turned around and starting making their way down the stairs, leaving him alone on the stairs with a bunch of scattered equipment. Though the miner was relieved to be away from the spiders, he had a feeling that whatever got the spiders into such a frenzy was something that he didn't want to find out. Feeling anxious, Lyle picked up his pace, practically running up the stairs while continuing to speak.

"There's some of those metal spiders but they seem harmless; they're focused on scavenging. I'll try to locate a sufficient landing spot."

That was when Beyana asked the question about Merlot. Pausing for the briefest of seconds, Lyle thought about Merlot and what the drell had spoken over the comms before his death. And he asked himself if he should tell her. In his head, the miner weighed the pros and cons and found the cons outweighing the pros...and yet he relented. She had a right to know.

"Merlot was in the MedBay," Lyle conceded. "Helping the wounded and other survivors." Pausing, Lyle took a deep breath. "He stayed behind to take care of them and I went ahead to find an exit. This was before the gas started leaking and..." Another deep breath. "...and he was killed. Something got into the MedBay and killed him. He told me about the stairs and...to tell you that he truly loved you."

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins, Livi, Dubya

13. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    Medbay

". . . got into the MedBay and killed him. He told me about the stairs and...to tell you that he truly loved you."

The amateurs used an open frequence. Emergency channel. Well, they did not know someone was listening. Someone human. Or at least not et to far beyond human. Cira smiled. "Something was already there, fool." She smiled and finall withdrew her hand from the Asari. The chip began it´s work immediately. Cira grinned. They were using an open frequence. These fools. Looking at Merlot she grinned. He was holding his throat where he had cut through. His eyes in shock as he slowly died. His legs had no feeling. His gun as in Cira´s left hand. His life slowly fading.

"You hear that? She truly loves you, too. She asks for you." Cira laughed out. "Wanna know what? You two might soon be reunited." She nodded as if he truly enjoyed the comfort of the thought. Then laughter broke from her lips. Two metal spiders crawled on Dr. Merlot´s metal body. And Cira´s dark metal eyes stared at him. "Assimilate him."

Pushing herself up again, she now listened to the others again. Stairs. Level 2. Quite far awa from her. But she had the elevator.

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: The final week has begun. Wait for everybody with the other update. Here is the combined with Sirak.

Unknown Colony . . .
    (combined with SirakRomar)

The voice was deep and timeless and it thundered through the city itself all the way to Aleena.

?Rudimentary creature of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, tumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.? The voice thundered through the alien city, as the contact to Ashen died as suddenly as it had been established.

She had kept her head, so far. But the voice sounded so ancient. So eternal. Aleena felt fear crawl into her body. ?Who are you? What are you??

?Labels are irrelevant. We are.?

Aleena breathed in. She knew what this was. Threat reports. News. Rumors. She had heard of them. And she had hoped the last of ´em died on Citadel. ?You´re a Reaper.?

?Names. Meaningless. We are. Unlike organic life we exist for eternity. The pinnacle of existence. You are organic.You are born screaming. You die. Between this two moments only a irrelevant existence is given to you. So you can serve your only true purpose. To exist because we allow it and to cease existing when we demand it.?

Aleena stood there speechless. What could she answer to such insanity? Her eyes went over to the reactor. And immediately her head snapped back forward as in the depth of the giant city an equally giant holography appeared.

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/5/51/Virmire_Sovereign_Holo.png]

?You shall not disturb our cycle. Organic life is only a coincidence. Nothing but a mutation. We are eternal. We have no end. You shall serve us or you shall perish.?

Aleena looked at the red hologram. Then back to the reactor. The voice drilled itself into her mind. And the words became roots. A cancer. Aleena shook her head. She felt the itching, the bristling energy slowly creeping into her body, as she concentrated. She summoned it. She commanded it. The blue fire of her mind burst into existence.

?You know what? Eternity is about to end, you iron bug!?

She yelled at it, turned around and from her extended hand came a powerful blur of energy. It hit the reactor with full force and every alarm included in the system went of.

?Pay the price of you boundless ignorance, creature of flesh and blood.? This were the last words as the hologram vanished. The ground began to tremble. It trembled as if the planet itself broke apart.

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

It was ancient and it was hungry. The insanity of an ancient harbinger of death speaking to her in every word. Aleena knew in that second she would not allow it to win. She would not die without a fight. Simply because it wanted her to. She turned, raised her rifle and pointed it directly at the core. The shell was gone now, stripped away by her bionic warp. The core lay before her and with it the power of a small sun. Enough to kill anything. To kill it. It had to be . . . it had to be . . .

The trembling of the ground, as something ancient made it´s way to the surface unbalanced her, but she found back her stand and pulled the trigger. One long pull and the gun went to autofire and hammered bullets into the core. The energy inside the container reacted immediately. Spreading out of it´s restraints it melted the metal and began to grow. The chain reaction had begun. Aleena kept on firing though uuntil her gun ached and the oberheating was felt in her very hand, as if the metal was about to melt. Then she allowed it to drop to the ground. The weight would slow her down. Aleena turned, her body finding unimagined strength she had not thought it possessed. And she used to run. Run south. Where somewhere a shuttle was meant to wait. F it was still there. A million horrors coul stand in her way. She would not die. She would not allow IT to win.

Tag. Fin

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Six days and counting . . .

Stairs . . .

"I . . . see." Beyana was obviously shocked but Lyle could hear it wasn´t unexpected. there was along silence, than her voice came up again. Not as firm or dedicated then beofre, but still there. "Third group in the southern stairs. They suggest the roof and seem to be an unknown party. They are no machines at least. The roof looks good. I think I can land there. Can everybody make it there? You got not much time. If you can, try to make it to amdinistration and use the emergency exit. Don´t forget, depending on your race you only got three to five minutes once you´re out. So you need to get in quickly."

The spiders were all gone. And it looked like Lyle had a free run towards the topfloor.

Tag: Sarge

Unknown Colony . . .

The tremble grew more and more intense and then it became something else. It became bursting ground, flying debris and shattering steel. It became a giant shape, raising from the opening it had forced into the stone. Howling, like a giant preadotr awakening it grew and grew before Aleena´s eyes, until it filled all of her vision. Dark, raging, the behemoth raised from the ground. And in a bright explosion as the reactor blew up it´s final containment field she could see it in all it´s majestic, deadly glory.

[image=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs45/i/2009/153/d/0/Terminator_V_by_tarrzan.jpg]

?You shall be the beginning of the end of your kind. Only we shall remain.?

The thundering voice filled the Alien city now with such feriousity it made the ceiling crumble. Giant rocks fell down, although they tumblled away from the shape of the Behemoth like dust.

?We are.?

And with that the tentacles began to gain control and turning towards Aleena. Another containment field blew up and another flash of light appeared. There were six of these felds. Were they all gone the chain reaction would be unleashed. Two were already gone.

And the only shuttle left was miles away.

And then there was the Reaper.

Tag: SirakRomar

17. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler
    Crew Quarters

"You got your gun ready? One last run and we´re out of here!" Manfred exclaimed.

Kesler nodded. "Let's get the hell outta here."

"I don´t dare to ask, but . . . is Dr. Merlot with you?" the voice asked over the comm.

"No, no," Kesler said. "Merlot's not here." His mind quickly flashed back to earlier in the day when he woke up to find himself face-to-face with the doctor in the Med-lab. He was the one that patched up Kesler's bullet wounds.

Kesler's hand went directly to his chest. He could still feel the pain from the wounds. And not only that, the pain in his stomach from the bartender's poisoned drink.

Damn it. He just wanted to get off this planet...

TAG: all others...

18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Aleena did not wait anymore. When the word WE ARE thundered through the city she was already running. Jumping, leaping over debris, dodging falling metal plates she was running like she had never run before. The reactor would kill it or nothing would. But anyway, she would not make it out alive if she stayed. This had just become the deadlliest place she had ever been in.

Before her a giant descent became visible. Behind her the howling Reaper began to push away skyscraper high buildings like they were made of paper, as he followed her through the maze. It seemed slow, because of it´s proportions, but it moved faster than she could. With a scream Aleena charged her body with all the biotic power she could summon. Her nerves seemed to hurt as she overused her ability. And then she unleashed it from her hands into the ground, pushing herself high into the air. Her hands were paddling, as were he legs. But she flew. Flew over the descent which was almost thirty meters broad. And she almost made it. Almost made. Painfully she hammered into the edge of the other side and a piece of iron entered her body throuzgh her suit. Holding herself with both hands she heard the sound of the approaching giant from behind. She had the feeling IT would not be stopped by a hole in the ground. Aleena gapsed as she tried to find the strength to pull herself up.

TaG: Fin (with whom this was a combined)

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Crew Quarters . . .

"The roof, ten minutes." Beyana repeated and began to approach the colony.

Manfred padded the shoulder of Kesler. 2we´re gonna make it. You two here me? We WILL make it!" He nodded as if assuring himself and helped the Quarian up. "Elevator is on the end of this corridor, right? I say let´s give it a chance. Most spiders were the other direction.

And raising his cooled down Avenger V he lead the way. Kesler behind him felt something warm spread under his clothes. The wound had fully opened again. The pain began to crawl into his upper torso. He actually needed a Doctor soon.

The only Doctor just seemed to be missing.

Tag: Dubya, Livi and to some extent Sarge

MedBay . . .

the third group Beyana had mentioned actually consisted only of Mara. With a deep cut in her leg she stumbled into Level 4. The elevator that had saved her when all doors had suddenly shut had brought her here, right where it had begun. "Don wait for me. I find another way out. Mara over." She send it to the gunship and this Drell scientist and turned around the corner, leaning against Taylor´s shop. Spiders. Thousands of them now sprawled over the level. And in their midst Mara saw an all to familiar figure. She smiled as she spotted Cira. "Cira. You are alive!" She yelled out, but as the spiders turned, the thousands of spiders . . . she realized they did not attack the leader of Mara´s mission. They circled her, cralwed over her and seemed to follow her. But they did not attack her. "Cira?"

Mara asked and slowly raised her handgun. The only weapon she got left. "Cira? what is going on here?"

Tag: TSG

Unknown Colony . . .

And just as the muscles began to work, she felt the rumbling and then the gravity failing like it did when you moved up while the thing you moved on . . . began to fall. The giant tentacle of the Reaper had teared out the whole platform Aleena had held on to and it began to slide into the depth of a abyss.

The howling giant behind her allowed his second tentacle to slide through on of the buildings above. A huge tower of 60 levels that collapsed into itself sending down it´s millions of pieces all sharp and falling towards Aleena.

The third containment field of the reactor burned through and another wave of light filled the underground city.

Tag: Sirak (see PM)

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Stairs

When he mentioned Merlot's death, Lyle hoped that the following grief wouldn't dissuade Beyana from saving them. Fortunately it didn't seem to do so as she laid clear instructions about where to go. Which included being exposed to the atmosphere.

It's either that or staying in here. Really wish I still had a helmet.

Maybe he'll get lucky and he'll manage to find a helmet for his environmental suit while going to administration and to the landing zone. Even if the plan was to get to the gunship before the atmosphere killed him, things could happen and Lyle could use the extra insurance.

"Let's just hurry this up," Lyle spoke out loud this time and sprinted up the stairs.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

21. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    Level 5

"What is going on here?" Mara made Cira turn at least. With a bitter smile and without as word she stpped forth. The hordes of spiders parted like the biblical black sea. "Mara. I can´t explain." Two spiders crawled up left of Mara. The gun went right at ´em. "Let me show you." Cira raised her own handgun and fired into her best friends shoulder.

22. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Crew Quarters

Kai let Manfred help her up, bouyed by the sudden surge of hope that Beyana's message had given her. They could escape! She would leave this horrible colony, maybe even see the Fleet and her parents again. The longing for her family and people was like an ache in the young quarian's heart. Her mind raced as she helped Kesler, her suit's contaminant detectors registering the blood spreading from his wound.

"Come on." she grunted, giving the human her shoulder to lean on, her pistol ready in her other hand. "Let's get out of this hellhole."

[TAG Fins, Dubya]

23. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    SirakRomar found out her little toy has actually limits and she can read the thread, but not post. Therefore she mailed meh er post ansd asked me to do it for her. If she does not resolve the issue I will serve as a proxy her her until you are at the end. Gives me a reason to lurk. :p

For SIRAKROMAR

Aleena
    Unknown Colony, Emergency Hangar

The ground itself did no hold and all her attempt to drag herself up to the platform were mocked by the fsact the platform itself did not stay where it needed to. The giant tentacles of the behemoth shattered the orn and steel and a fog of rusty dust filled the air and covered everything. Aleena felt the platform turn and herself land on it, as it began it´s falll into the depth of Moloch. Seconds. All she had were seconds. Two, maybe. Three.

She jumped towards the wall and screamed in pain as her muscles were tensed to the point of ripping, as she unleashed the final wave of energy. It dragged her high into the air, but it would not be enough. Never be enough. Aleena had known this and her hand dragged her grappling hook from her belt and screamed out in pain, as she threw it upwards, managing a last and final push through her implant to catapult it above. If it did not get any hold she was about to fall and die. She knew that. She accepted it in a way. But it would be defeat and the Reaper was the only thing she was not ready to admit defeat to.

Tag Fin

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Administration . . .

The roof was accessed from the lounge. the highest point of the colony where only hours before the Administrator had given Aleena and her men the command to fly to the unknown colony. A fateful decision considering the whole colony had been undefended when the invasion . . . what other word was there for it . . . had begun.

The lounge could only be reached through the Administration. So when the stairs ended, there it was where Lyle found himself. And it did not look like he would find any survivors in it. the doors were not there anymore. Destroyed by the invading spiders. The men and womman behind it had obviously fought back. they had an emergency locker with guns and had made good use of it. Dozens of destroyed remains of spiders lay aroundhere. Blood was everywhere. But no bodies. Only small fires from short circuited consoles and shattered pieces of mteal remained. A battlefield. From the ceiling sparkling cables hung into the room. And at the end the Adminastrators office had opened door and the turian Administrator lay with his head on his desk. The only organic remains in here. A single metal spider was working on his neck.

As Lyle entered the room, the elevator doors to his left opened and out came Manfred, the grey haired man with an Avenger. Lyle and him had never seen each other before. His armor made it obvious, he was an outsider. nevertheless his gun only pointed at Lyle for a second and waved into the room, as he realized lyle was not a machine. Anything living was now an ally.
    Then the Quarian Technician Kai and the Bounty hunter who had been shot a few days before. Back then that had seemed to be exciting. spectecular. A man shot. Now these four people were probably the last four survivors.

in the Administrator´s office was the elevator to the lounge and from there a ladder would lead to the roof. No spiders or machins anywhere. They were almost out of there . . .

Tag: Sarge, Livi, Dubya

Unknown Colony . . .

Aleena never found out if the grappling hook would have worked. A thunderin explosion filled theabyss below as something had ripped open at the walls and send a heat wave up to the jumping Asari. It catapulted her into the air, the robe of her hook cutting through her left hand and he body been thrown over the edge of the still collapsing structures annd into the machine city. She felt her bones break as she hit something solid. Something metal. It broke under her imppact, but cut threw her side. Blue blood began to flow from her side, as she lay on the ground of the alien city. Alive. But hurt.
    It was dark. I was terribly dark now.

25. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    For SirakRomar

Aleena
    Unknown Colony, Emergency Hangar

Alive.

She was still alive. Her side cut, her ribs broken, he soul as ehausted as her body. But Aleena was still . . . alive. Slowly she sat up. Dragging her handgun from her side she almost laughed about herself. As if it would be any good. Disorietned she tried to find south. She needed to go. She needed to . . .. stumbling she fell to the side and managed to capture a rusty peice of metal to avoid a collapse.

Then she saw the blinking light in the walls of the mountain and she began to walk torwards it. Step by step.

It was that second she wondered why she heard nothing of the Reaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.