main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Dr. Merlot
    Promenade and then Menry

He almost threw something at the holographic image of his beloved girlfriend. What was she thinking? What was going on? this was a Mining station, they digged an and waited until sotrms were over and then they took more ressources from hte planet to earn a fortune. What were they doing now with this commando raid thing that was going on? and why had nobody asked a Doctor to come along? Cursing he kicked the machine and clamed down again.
    He fought down another memory. tried to stay in the here and now. Dammit, sometimes his ability was a curse. How could elder ones of his race even survive?

I love you. "Yeah you do, honey. Yeah you do." and her hand touched his green breast, her smile broad and triumphant, as he draws her closer again.

What was Beyane doing? He would probably not find out until they came back. Until then his shift would soon be over. So it was probably time for a drink.

He entered Menry´s and went straight for the Bar. He nodded to Mac and the Quarian, Kai was her name if he recalled it right. Then gave the Professor a surprised look. "Professor." He said. "Pleased to meet you here. At least they haven´t send you away." He grunted and then turned to the Barkeeper. He said nothing, just pointed to the Drell Whisky behind him and then showed up three fingers, to signal the amount he wanted to have. Damend, he had restircted himself to one finger . . . but he had restricted himself because his girlfriend wanted him to. If she wanted to keep him from getting loaded once more, she needed to show up now.

And he was afraid, she wouldn´t. "Anybody heard anything of any security problems? that have to do with geology?" He asked without looking at anyone. His tone was not as polite as usual. He was afraid. He was nervous. And he hadn´t taken this job to see people he cared about go on combat missions, or whatever it weas the whole security force was send to.

Tag: Draco

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler
    The Menry

The doctor had walked in, stepped up to the bar and ordered a drink. Great. The person who was supposed to be taking care of him was drinking? Then the Drell doctor asked, "Anybody heard anything of any security problems?" to no one in particular.

After hearing "security problems", Kesler had that feeling again that he was being watched. Was he just a little jumpy because of the ambush that put him in the hospital? Or was someone actually following him?

Kess turned his head slightly and glanced around the room, getting acquainted with his surroundings as well as the other beings. Now his senses were on high alert.

TAG: All in Menry...

3. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot; the Menry

A slight smile tugged at the corner of the Batarian?s mouth as the bounty hunter thanked him for the drink. He?d been explaining his current situation when a Drell entered and took up a spot next to the two, indicating a drink and holding up three fingers.

Talmot immediately recognized him as a medical officer. Shaking his head in response to the Drell?s questions he laid out the doctor?s triple order. "Nobody knows nothing," he explained. He looked at the three glasses of whiskey sitting on the counter and gave a strained smile. "Not planning on doing any brain surgery today, Doc?"

The Batarian turned to regard the bounty hunter again. The man was quiet, doing little else but nursing his drink. Talmot set his cigarette down. "Things aren't usually so slow around here. Weather turns bad and most everybody works double-time to prepare for the storm. The few others end up inside with nothing to do but sit around and get paranoid. Then they come here."

He sighed, "Anyway, we've got two dancers coming out soon, human. If you're not feeling too sick you could stick around and enjoy the show."

Tag: Dubya, Fin, other Menry patrons

4. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

"Anyway, we've got two dancers coming out soon, human. If you're not feeling too sick you could stick around and enjoy the show."

Kesler's ears perked up at the word "dancers". It pulled him out of his little paranoid trance.

Kess looked up at the barkeep, "Dancers?" He smiled. "I'll most certainly be sticking around then." He finished off the drink and turned slightly to look out at the other patrons in the Menry. He anxiously awaited some attractive females to strut their stuff. "Don't suppose any of them are human?" he asked, glancing back at Talmot.

TAG: Menry patrons...

5. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Short Note: Was busy with my best freinds marriage, bachellor-party etc. But tomorrow comes the update and the rest of the week I am free, so expect faster updates then for those interested in moving forward a bit faster. - Draco

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Merlot
    Menry

"They got them in all shapes and colours." He only commented on the dancer issue. And he poured the Whisky into himself. Then turned to the bartender and his patient. "My shift is almost over anyway, staying sober is something for Dr. Mendel now, I´d say." He ordered another one, but was unsure if he really wanted to. he was not the type to get drunk. But the worry for Beyane drove him crazy. With a smile he shook his head and only now realized what an unusual sight the long glwoing creature next to him was. "You in the Menry Professor? You do not accidentially know what my girlfriend is doing out there, do you? In the middle of a storm. Don´t tell me got anythin´to do with your research." The alcohol had hit him harder than he had expected.

Tag: Draco, others

7. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Computer Rooms

the datapad virtually sucked all data concerning the region, the staton, the scans and whatever else she had come up with on her omnitool. The Governor had his reasons, so did she. She would take care of his little problem, but to her conditions. And Aleena was very aware this would cause a shift in power around here. Security would soon be a serious issue. Like it should have been from the start.

Her thin lips formed a smiled and Arrex contacted her. "This is Arrex, away team. Have heavy equipment waiting at transport. Ready for anything. And Aleena, maybe we should see if Administrator Taloz wants to come along to, you know, lead from the front." She almost laughed at that suggestion. And she barely had a sense of humor. "You know, i think it is enough to shoot them if they´re hostile. no reason to be cruel and unleash our little bureaucratic monster on them. Besides . . . I would be much too tempted to have an accident when cleaning up my rifle, you know." The omni tool hummed and disappeared on her arm. With a nod to the officer who had managed her upload she turned and walked out to the hangar.

She watched the loading process, checked her gun. They arrived one by one. They had what it needed to do this. And the last concern she had would not be solved on Ashen. They faced an unknown number of enemies. Probably far too many. Logic and reason dictated these visitors could not have brought an army here without them knowing. If that conclusion was wrong, they would be dead. Or they would simply use the gunboat to wipe them all out, she reminded herself.

"I gave it a little thought, she said, while entering the ship. She talked especially to Callum and Arrex who had participated in the discussion about the nature of the enemy ealier. "I think they might have used cloaking tech. To hide from us. this might be . . . ight be a Citadel operation we are facing there. anyway, htey are far away from home. Let´s kick them off ourt planet."

Taking the pilot seat she activated the gunship. "Callum, Arrex be so nice to man the guns. Beyane, I think a scientist would be a good fit for sensors. And Louren. You enjoy the ride." She did order the men into position in the order of trust she gave them. the salaarian was the least trustworthy. he did it partly for fun. And that was always dangerous.

"Ready to take off. Gunship alpha requesting permission to take of from Ashen twoer. Repeat. Request permission to take off."

[b]Tag: Kahn, BLem, Draco[/b]

8. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    The Menry

Mac leaned back and gave the Bounty hunter a long look. Indeed, this was mysterious. ?Listen, I am not allowed to tell you. But the Governor gave this to me. And you know what?? Mac leaned forward, keeping all other patrons in sight to make sure nobody listened to them. ?I think it is from the guy who shot the bounty hunter. You know, his room was searched and he had this,? He coughed, to hint what both knew . . . that the security had killed the man. ?Had this accident in the airlock. An hour later I got those. And at least two dozens more. It was like a plan for something. Look at these stabilizers. I think whatever it is, it´s underground. But Quarians? Man, what does a criminal miner do with such readouts?? Mac folded his arms. Then he fully realized what Kai had just said. ?The Professor said something? Maybe he knows more?? He said and he was not sure if that was good or suspicious, by now.
    Before Mac could end his line of thought, his comm. Suddenly glowed into existence at his left arm. ?Mac? Think we got a leak here. A big one.? The voice of Lance could never be mistaken. It sounded like am na smoking and drinking to keep it that rough.

At the bar the Professor extended one of his tentacles into his drink and stood silent and glowing next to the other patrons. Then finally he spoke in his usual calm and polite voice. ?This one thinks we are in danger.? It was all he said. As it was impossible to read a jellyfish on tentacles, they could not guess what emotions he displayed. He just kept on drinking.

Tag: Fin, Livi, Dubya, Baratheon

The Shop

Mara Monroe gave an almost embarrassed smile. ?Yes, these guys. You know? Too little women around here. First I thought they are just flirting. Then I wondered, if they really were interested. But then, they just did not accept a no. They´ve done nothing, so far. But they gimme the creeps, you know?? And with these words Monroe handed over the money, turned away from the street, so nobody could see her taking the gun and began checking it. Her fingers ran quickly over it, arming it. Securing it. Checking the load. The over-heating status. Obviously the girl had held a gun before. ?you know what? Aren´t you closing anyway in a few minutes? Why don´t you come over to the Menry and we have a drink? Would be good to have someone not sweating testosterone around, for a change. Or whatever these other races sweat.?
    Mara gave her a smile and pushed the gun into her bag.

Tag: Leigh

Machine Deck

Lance had prepared the gunboat, activated the shields against dust and secured the maintenance tunnels. He had worked overtime. And he had worked hard. The Quarian was good, sure. The human might have been smart. But if there was someone who could talk to his baby, it was him.

[image=http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g44/385144/385144_1286963827_medium.jpg]

?Right, ey?? He shouted into the outer armor of Ashen. Like a skeleton he walked in, it was all around him. His voice echoed in it. With the answer came a breathe of wind.
    Wind?

Lance immediately jumped to his feet. Looking around he followed the cool air until he reached a corner. There he saw the oxygen being sucked out into the poisonous atmosphere. A maintenance entrance was open. It looked damaged, as if it had been hit by something. Hit? What could hit ´em? A Rock perhaps? Lance hissed out and pushed his communicator so hard, it almost broke. ?Mac? Think we got a leak here. A big one.? He sighed again, this time even louder. How he hated to ask the four eyed academic for help. But this needed to be investigated. ?Isolating it.? He added and turned to the left, walking to the next gangway and making his way to the next control node. His turning was so abrupt, his steps so hasty he actually missed the silent, soundless metal tentacle from behind which had been about to push a needle into his neck. With it´s victim gone, the machine quickly retreated into it´s hiding place between the pipes. Only the most perceptive people would have seen a little red glow in

9. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    OOC: Gasp?space Nazis! :p

IC:
    Talmot; The Menry

"They got them in all shapes and colours."

"Not today we don?t." Talmot shrugged and looked over at the bounty hunter, "We got two asari working the next shift. They?re nice enough to look at, if you like ?em soft."

He snorted as the Professor continued on with its forecast of doom, "Whatever you say, Hanar." He watched with mild interest as one of its tentacles slowly sucked up the liquor into?somewhere.

At the Drell?s urging, the Batarian poured Merlot another shot of whisky. Talmot regarded him with something like sympathy, "This ain?t our first storm. I?m sure everybody?s gonna be fine."

Tag: Menry patrons

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    The Menry

"This one thinks we are in danger," the jellyfish said. Did it even have a mouth?

Wait... Danger? Kesler got that feeling again that he was being watched. Then the barkeep mentioned the dancers were Asari. "Asari," Kesler repeated, nodding. "I can live with that."

The bounty hunter suddenly had this odd twinge in his stomach. It couldn't be the bullet wounds. Those were in the chest. Was it the paranoia that was affecting him? Oh well. If he kept his attention on the dancers maybe it would take his mind off of all this nonsense. He took a deep breath, calming himself, and awaited the dancers.

TAG: Menry people...

11. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran

Kai shook her head at this news. This was getting serious, alright. What in the galaxy did these plans mean? Why did that miner have them? She looked up as Mac's comm glowed, and moved away to give him some privacy. Back towards the bar and, she noticed now, the bounty hunter.

"This one thinks we are in danger,"

The quarian's head whipped around. She was beginning to feel quite jumpy, and the hanar wasn't helping matters.

"What do you mean, Professor?" She asked, as politely as possible. "Maybe about this human being shot?" Kai jerked a thumb at the bounty hunter, knowing that wasn't the right answer. "He's fine now."

She laughed a little shrilly, obviously nervous. "And I can assure you that the storm defenses are more than adequate. I repaired some of them myself!"

[TAG All at bar]

12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Taylor Harris
    The shop

Taylor listened intently as the younger woman explained her woes. She was right in her assessment of the men to woman ratio that was currently stationed on Ashen. Taylor herself had been on the receiving end of a few irritating advances during her earlier days about the colony, but the Texan knew how to stand up for herself and for the most part threats or emasculating comments were enough to make harassers back off. In the big bad galaxy it paid to be able to take care of yourself. Mara then handed over her credits before checking the pistol over. Taylor watched intrigued at the thoroughness in which she checked each component. It appeared she wasn't a newbie when it came to guns. She was starting to like this kid.

?you know what? Aren?t you closing anyway in a few minutes? Why don?t you come over to the Menry and we have a drink? Would be good to have someone not sweating testosterone around, for a change. Or whatever these other races sweat.?

A small smile crossed Taylor's lips at that suggestion. After the day she had a few drinks would help relieve the dullness. She nodded as she cashed Mara's credits away

"Sure, sounds good to me. Just gimme a few minutes to close up"

Disappearing into the back part of the store again, she secured her money and stock before walking to her desk. She picked up another pistol, this time her personal sidearm, a Raikou, and attached it to her hip. She always felt a bit more at ease having it with her, despite the security's strict objections. Pulling a dark grey jacket from the back of a chair, she shrugged in on, the pistol concealed underneath the fabric. Soon all her closedown checks were done and she joined Mara outside on the street.

The Menry stood directly opposite her store and she cocked her head slightly as they walked in. The music was playing, the neon lights were flashing but the place was dead. Usually this place was a hive of activity, but due to the management getting the most out of the miners before the storm hit, the clientele was minimal. Her Hazel eyes scanned the room as she walked over towards the bar, settling on the small cluster of customers that had congregated there. Amongst them she noticed a Hannar, a professor type who was here on business unknown, The Quarian Engineer of the colony, distinct in her traditional environment suit and the resident doctor of Ashen, Dr. Merlot. They all seemed deep in conversation about something. There was also a face within the crowd that Taylor could not place. A human, decked out in armor, was conversing with Talmot, the Bartarian bartender that ran the Menry. She caught the tail end of a conversation about dancers as she leaned against the bar. He must of been a newcomer but in what capacity she didn't know. In her line of work you got accustomed to people's faces. He didn't seem to fit the typical profile of a miner either. Waiting for a break in the conversation she addressed the Batarian.

"Talmot, how?s it going. I'll have a beer, and whatever my friend here is having"

She said, motioning towards Mara.

TAG: Menry People

13. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot; The Menry

"And I can assure you that the storm defenses are more than adequate. I repaired some of them myself!"

Talmot nodded vigorously in agreement. "The Quarian's right. And that's what I keep saying to you lot: we've got nothing to worry about!" Damn, I didn't think I'd miss Hans and Collin so soon.

He turned his attention away from the conversation at the bar long enough to notice the two new arrivals making their way over to the group. Shaking his head, Talmot snuffed out his cigarette before they got too close.

The first time he?d met Harris was in her shop. It was nearby and he?d needed a pack of smokes before heading back to work. Talmot had made the mistake of lighting up in her store after his purchase, and when she told him to put it out or leave, he?d laughed at her request and said she had a funny accent for a human.

The Batarian rubbed a hand over his lower jaw, recalling she?d had a solid right hook too. Harris didn?t need to ask twice after that. As it turned out, she could hold her drink well enough, so it hadn?t taken long for things to get sorted between the two.

"Talmot, how?s it going. I'll have a beer, and whatever my friend here is having"

Talmot swept his gaze across the nearly empty bar. "Does it look like things are going?" he asked, retrieving Harris?s order, "I wouldn?t have guessed." He started to reach for his cigarettes out of habit, stopped, settling his hand on the countertop, and slowly tapped a finger to the beat of the music.

The Batarian arched his neck to get a look at the other woman standing slightly behind where Harris was leaning against the bar. "Haven?t seen you around the station before. You going around picking up strays now, Harris?" He motioned towards the bounty hunter seated nearby. "You can have that one too. Hell, take them all. Everybody's getting on my nerves today, acting like we've never had a storm before. You'd think the roof was going to collapse over all our heads."

Tag: Menry patrons

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Dr. Merlot
    The Menry

He grabbed the second glass and turned to the Quarian. Merlot could feel the tension. The unnerved Bartender. The uneasy Professor. The look of the hunter. The air was full of danger. "They send out our security, Kai. All of them. So whatever it is they fear, it is not anywhere near the station. So I guess why security fights whatever, my girl riding along for unknown reasons we all do not have to worry, right? We can just concentrate on getting drunk and watch Talmot here break up barfights without any blue skinned mistress-of-death-turned securty chief asari to back him up." He laughed out. Then his view wandered of to Mac. "Is he still looking for reasons to meet up with you, is he? You two make slow progress, right?" He laughed out. He was afraid, he was feeling guilty and he reacted as always. He got drunk. Then he got cruel. He would hate himself for that tomorrow. But a drink silenced memories. And cruelty made him feel in control. And he wasn´t. Not a tiny bit, right now. "Give him a mask and you´ll make a fine couple." Merlot laughed and ordered the drink, he had wanted to have for a few moments now. He was drinking far to fast.

Tag: Livi, others

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    The Menry

Kesler noticed another human walk up to the bar. A woman...and she didn't look too bad. Kess flashed her a friendly smile when she approached.

As the conversation carried on, a few of them mentioned him. After all, he was the stranger amongst the group. The others all seemed to know each other. Instead of retaliating with some insult in regards to their comments, Kesler decided to keep his thoughts to himself. But there was also talk of the security and "danger". That only fueled Kesler's paranoia. He felt that discomfort in his stomach again.

Why did he feel this way? He'd seen and experienced many things over the last decade. Why would he suddenly have this paranoid feeling here in this Ashen Colony? Was it really because of the gunshot wounds? Had the doctor done something to him? They way these people were talking, could they possibly be the one's that are after him?

Kesler just stayed there, leaning on the bar, listening to the conversation taking place around him. Maybe he should have stayed in that hospital bed after all...

TAG: other Menry people...

16. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran

Kai crossed her arms angrily at the drell's comments. How dare her make insinuations about her private life? The looks, she could just about tolerate (though she wondered how anybody could be turned on by an environment suit and full-face mask) but the comments were beginning to drive Kai crazy.

"Mac is not my boyfriend." she said flatly, then motioned to the glass in Merlot's hands. "And I think you've had enough to drink. Doctor."

And keelah, shut up about your girlfriend.

[TAG Fin, others at the bar]

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Dr. Merlot
    Menry

He laughed. He barely ever laughed, except when he was drunk. Somewhere in hte back of his head the realization he would regret this evening already began to grow. "Well, serious. I understand you." he said to the Quarian. "Not half as drunk as I intend to get, but surely I am very, very hard to be around right now. Right? But look at it that way. Tomorrow I will be sober. Tomorrow I will regret it and once you come in for your VIP medical check I´ll be on my knees and apologize, probably. So just outwait my little party here and everything shall BE FINE!" He turned to the new arrivals and wondered what everybody thought right now. Did anybody get anything about the situation? That they were trapped on this barren rock out of their own greed . . . forever and ever and ever and ever . . .

Dammit, he was rich. By any standards. Getting paid twice the security and quadtimes the miners made HIM rich. But Beyane, earning even more than he did . . . she wanted more. A year. Maybe two. God, what would they do with such money. Stop working? drift through the galaxy? It wasn´t such a nice place. Was it? Drifting through it like some damned Quarian on his pilgrimage . . . he remembered there actually was a Quarian. Right in front of him. He turned up and shook his head. "I´m sorry." he said and turned away from the bar, slowly tumbling over to a booth.

He regretted ever falling love. He knew something bad was happening. He just did not know why he was so certain of it . . .

Tag: Livi, others

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Taylor Harris
    The Menry

"Does it look like things are going??I wouldn?t have guessed."

Taylor should have expected this sort of response from Talmot. She supposed that when it was quiet like this it wasn't just boring for the Batarian, but he probably wasn't making as much money as he usually did either. He retrieved her order and placed it on the bar in front of her. As she went to take a drink She noticed Talmot reach for a pack of cigarettes but quickly changed his mind. Taylor mentally shook her head. She and Talmot had not had the smoothest of initial meetings. She remembered when Talmot had thought it would be a good idea to light up a cigarette in her store one day. He soon learnt that this, along with making fun of her accent, was not a good thing to do around her. She just couldn't understand the appeal of smoking. Her father would smoke up to sixty cigarettes a day, sometimes more, and the constant presence of the things very quickly made Taylor despise the habit. She couldn't complain too much however, she did stock them in her store due to very high demand. Still If you wanted to kill yourself slowly with chemically filled sticks it was your choice, But it would be best not to do it around her.

"Haven?t seen you around the station before. You going around picking up strays now, Harris?"

Taylor quirked an eyebrow at the Batarian?s rude comment as he noticed Mara standing just behind her.

"You can have that one too. Hell, take them all. Everybody's getting on my nerves today, acting like we've never had a storm before. You'd think the roof was going to collapse over all our heads."

She turned her head and saw that the bartender was referring to the man with whom he had just been conversing. She noticed the man flashing a smile her way and she nodded slightly in acknowledgement to him before looking back at the moody Batarian

"Oh Talmot, we can always count on you to be a shining example of community spirit and togetherness."

Taylor said sarcastically, a mischievous glint in her eye. She spared a glance over at the small group as the doctor had started to get a bit mouthy. What was this whole thing about the storm about. She understood why the storms could sometimes make people a little uppity, but the colony has been hit by storms before and came through fine. The engineering and maintenance teams here were as skilled as they came. Was their really a reason to be worried? She then returned her gaze to the newcomer. Well someone had to do their bit for inter-colony relations. She stuck out a hand in greeting

?Just ignore him. The names Taylor. So what brings you out to our little corner of the galaxy??

TAG: Menry people, Draco

19. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    The Menry

Mara gave everybody a shy smile and ordered a beer. Her eyes immediately locked on the only other human at the Bar. The ?Bounty hunter? as everybody called him. The man Berez had shot. But who had survived. He wore his armor. But no gun. The only person carrying a gun was the shop-keeper. Obviously they were kind of restrictive about weapons here. The man looked unnerved. She smiled a bit. At least he had some common sense. Then she turned to her companion. ?Drinks are on me.? She smiled to Taylor. 2They really pay enough around here, do they?? She laughed and looked around.

Her laugh was sweet, young. Her eyes were searching. A drunk reptile. Called Doctor. Probably too drunk to do anything about anything. A jellyfish. A Quarian. Out here? Pilgrimage or outcast. Looked kinda young. So Pilgrimage, she assumed. Two dancers. Yes, the dancers finally came up. Making the room not as empty as she had hoped for. Another human. He had been sitting over techspecs and now approached them. Mara gave him a smile. The man returned it and then turned to the Quarian.

?Kai, listen. Some problem down there. Just got word from Lance we got a leak. Storm approaching in full force in about ten minutes so ?I move down there and take care of it. Yes? Please about the generator, keep it between us until the Administator got his report, yeah? Thanks.? He smiled and turned to leave.
    ?Technician?? Mara asked Taylor and pointed her finger on the young Mac leaving. ?Sweet.? She smiled.

?Really sweet.? And with that she leaned next to the Bounty Hunter and turned to him with glowing eyes. ?Although I prefer a little . . . rougher men, you know? Haven´t seen you around? You´re the guy who got shot, are yey??

Tag: Menry guys

20. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot; The Menry

Talmot scowled at Harris?s observation of his character. He knew she meant it as a joke, but he wondered if she realized just how close to the mark it hit.

Togetherness! That?s right. I?m the patriarch of one big dysfunctional family that drinks too much, can?t keep their hands to themselves, and likes to make a mess all over my clean bar?More like a babysitter.

At the sound of his name being spoken, Talmot snapped out of his bout of self pity. It took a moment for him to recognize the source--the Drell, who was well and truly drunk at this point.

The Doctor was rambling about something, and obviously whatever he said angered the Quarian, who stood glaring at him, arms folded defensively over her chest. Talmot ignored what was being said between the two, he?d learned over the years that body language was always the first giveaway that somebody was going to do something stupid.

Yet it seemed cooler heads prevailed. The Drell mumbled something, and then stumbled away towards a side booth. The Batarian let out his breath in a low hiss, leaning his forearms on the counter. He?d heard stories about the the Drell and the Quarians both, and didn?t relish putting himself between the two if something got started.

Besides, if it got messy, he invariably ended up with a mountain of paperwork and more questions from security than he cared to think about. Things hadn?t worked like that on Omega, he remembered wistfully.

The Batarian frowned when he noticed the human engineer approach his Quarian counterpart. He whispered a few words, strode quickly out of the Menry without a backward glance. Well that?s reassuring. Still, if it was something important the Quarian would have gone running too. Probably somebody flushed another copy of Fornax.

He turned his attention to the Asari dancers, who had finally deigned to make their appearance and were just beginning the performance. Talmot?s two good eyes lingered on the hypnotic movements of their lithe bodies while his brain tried to make sense of everything he?d seen and heard today.

After a while he gave up, having found no answers to ease the worry gnawing at the edge of his mind. He moved over to stand by the Quarian and motioned towards the Drell, "Don?t worry about him. He wants anything more to drink today he?ll have to fly off planet to get it. Not likely in this weather," he added with a wry grin, "Though I would pay to see him try and make it out of the hangar in his condition."

Tag: Livi, Menry patrons

21. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran

Kai listened to Mac, nodded to show she'd heard him and watched the human depart on his errand. She wasn't that worried. It was just a routine repair, after all. Mac would be back before she knew it, pestering her about engineering specs and what life on the Fleet was like.

Interesting that he'd asked her to keep those plans to herself, though. What on earth was their nutcase of an administrator planning?

Kai's thoughts were interrupted by the bartender's approach.

"Don?t worry about him." Talmot indicated the drell, still sitting in a booth and nursing a glass mournfully. "He wants anything more to drink today he?ll have to fly off planet to get it. Not likely in this weather, though I would pay to see him try and make it out of the hangar in his condition."

Kai nodded her thanks. "I just get tired of everybody treating me like I'm something at the zoo or an exotic piece of meat." she sighed. "If it's not clumsy personal remarks it's stupid comments about my race. Like it doesn't hurt. Like I don't want any privacy."

On the Fleet, privacy was at a premium and personal remarks were considered the height of rudeness. Kai reached up and tapped her visor. "This thing's clouded for a reason."

[TAG Baratheon, others]

22. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot; The Menry

Talmot listened as the Quarian voiced her frustrations, tapping her visor to accentuate the point she was trying to make.

"Seems to me," he said after some thought, "that you?re looking at things the wrong way, girl. You want people to leave you alone? Worried about respect? Then you?re better off back with your own kind. People say things they shouldn?t every day, but you taking it so personally won?t make it any more right or wrong."

He stared hard at the soft blue glow of her eyes behind the visor, trying to gauge what effect his words were having.

"Can you even blame them? Everybody knows the hell your kind brought down on the universe. Sure, you might have paid for it, and I?m not saying the Quarians didn?t do their best to try and fix their mistake. But don?t think for a second that the effort alone means everybody?s simply going to forget it."

The left side of his face had begun to itch. The Batarian rubbed at the scarred tissue in irritation. He thought about leaving the lecture at that, or simply telling the Quarian to shove off. To his chagrin, he found himself instead dwelling on some of his own misgivings. When he began speaking again, he had to fight to keep his voice level.

"Look. I?m not really in a position to throw judgment down on no one. There?s a reason why most other species feel the best kind of Batarian is one with a smoking hole through the head. Plenty of people around who?d say the same for me. But it ain?t about what others before you chose to do. It?s about moving forward knowing that you did the best you could with what you had. Even if nobody else does."

Talmot found himself with the urge to pour a stiff drink, but it would have to wait until later. He closed his eyes then flinched, as for the briefest of moments, a swirling vortex exploded in a shower of red sparks behind his blinded eyes.

He gave the Quarian a sad smile. Maybe I?ll have two.

Tag: Livi, any

23. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran, The Menry

Kai took a breath to argue, then thought better of it. Talmot was just trying to help, after all. And she couldn't blame him for his bitter worldview. If she thought being a quarian was hard, being a batarian must be even harder. At least quarians weren't stereotyped as thugs and gangsters. In the end, the difference was one of perspective. Kai's life so far had been short and not especially hard- in sharp contrast to the former mercenary. She could afford to be idealistic.

However, this response had certainly led Kai to see Talmot in a different light. Maybe there was more to the bartender than he let on.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to dump all of my problems on you." she said quietly. "I just miss my home."

She shrugged unhappily. "I'm not saying that I agree with you on everything. I certainly won't stop defending myself!" A small laugh. "But I thank you for listening, and I appreciate your advice."

The quarian looked out of the window to the gathering storm.

"I wish the Professor hadn't said anything." she muttered. "Now I'm all edgy."

[TAG Baratheon]

24. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: With Xani being the busy, busy girl that she is right now, she mentioned that I should just go ahead and drag her character along :p

Lyle Parker
    Outside the Colony

"Jerome? Can you hear me? Damn it."

Despite the raging storm that was around them, Lyle had noticed how completely and utterly silent it was concerning his helmet's communications. Without Jerome calling back to check in on them, or even one little burst of static to notify him that it was still working, Lyle got suspicious. So he tapped a hand against the side of his helmet, verbally inquiring to see if the salarian could hear him. Considering the silence that greeted him, it was quite clear to him that Jerome could probably not hear him. Or anyone else for that matter.

Of course we would have a breakdown in communications just as we're trying to get out of here, the miner thought bitterly. Most likely the approaching storm is causing the interference.

Which, of course, was bad. If it was indeed affecting communications then that meant that the storm may be getting very close.

"Great," Lyle spoke aloud. Looking to the asari that he still helped along and the volus that followed them, he spoke to them directly. "Well hopefully Jerome got my last communique. Either way it doesn't change anything as we got to head up to the pick-up zone and get you some oxygen." The last was said to the asari of course as Lyle continued to walk through the storm of Moloch, hoping that they could make it in time before the storm arrived and before Eyana ran out of oxygen.

TAG: Xani, Draco

25. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry for my absence. Real Life, you know...

The Menry

"Just ignore him. The names Taylor. So what brings you out to our little corner of the galaxy?" the young woman asked him, pulling him out of his trance.

Andrew Kesler smiled and said, "Well, I'm--"

"Although I prefer a little . . . rougher men, you know? Haven´t seen you around? You´re the guy who got shot, are yey?" the other woman said, cutting him off.

Two woman were wanting to talk to him? And now the dancers were coming out to entertain them. Now things were looking up.

"Yes," Kesler responded, speaking to them both. "I guess word travels fast. Yeah, I'm the guy that got shot. Name's Kesler. Andrew Kesler. I'm a bounty hunter." He now felt confident and somewhat happy with the attention he was getting from these women. A big difference from the paranoia he was experiencing just minutes ago. This sudden turn of events momentarily took his mind off of the discomfort he felt growing in his stomach. "And who might you lovely ladies be?"

TAG: Leigh, Draco, others in the Menry...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.