main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Mass Effect Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Sep 7, 2012.

1. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Still haven't gotten my hands on this puppy, but I am wondering how the ability to switch profiles (and reportedly max out all skills if you push to a NG+ playthrough) will affect how I approach things. In the previous games I found merit in all six classes; planning an appropriate weapon and armor loadout might get interesting.

Just out of curiosity, I was crunching the numbers on some of the different armor sets in the game. Some are definitely specced towards particular profiles; in particular the Maverick Skirmisher set seems to be an infiltrator's ideal, the Pathfinder and Kett armors seem focused on soldier skills, the Angaran armor seems to be tailored to an engineer, and the N7 armor seems to be geared towards a biotic nightmare.

2. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I've basically been either Sentinel or Explorer so far. I mix and match everything...only just now have I settled on my four favorites load-outs.

Big patch came out today to fix several issues, like facial animations. From the screenshots I've seen they already look much improved.

Padme501st likes this.
  3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Darth Crane you hit the nail on the head.

Armor is not just aesthetically different. Nor does it just offer generic differences like shield enhacement vs health regen.

As you said, the N7 armor is definitely tailored to a Biotic heavy user. Which is why I haven't really worn any N7 armor.

4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'm just wearing what looks good. I've got the hyperguardian legs and helmet, the N7 arms and the standard Initiative armor for the chest. Don't really go in for min-maxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've been playing this since the 27th, and it's so damn fun.

True Sith and The Vanguard like this.
  6. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    My armor consists of the..
    • Pathfinder Helmet V
    • Initiative Recon Armor IV (arms)
    • Maverick Ambusher Armor IV (chest)
    • Maverick Ambusher Armor IV (legs)
      • Robotics fusion mod
    [​IMG]
    Favorite weapon (again,) is the Mattock Assault rifle. I SO GLAD THEY BROUGHT IT BACK.

7. DarthCane

May 30, 2002

You'll be happy to know then that they apparently raised the fire rate cap on the Mattock (and the M-3 Predator) in Patch 1.05. Reportedly there were other unspecified tweaks to weapons and armor. From what I've seen of Mattock gameplay, that gun should be fairly effective, at the cost of RSI in your trigger finger.

I've been watching a few comparison videos on YouTube, and it seems like ARs kind of got shafted in this game. I really haven't seen anything in that class as yet where I was left thinking "holy crap, that's OP." Meanwhile a couple other weapons (Hurricane, Piranha, and a number of the higher-end sniper rifles) look like absolute killing machines.

8. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I dunno, I use assault rifles pretty exclusively, namely the Valkyrie and Avengers, and I've not had a problem. Maybe it's more noticeable on higher difficulties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    The pathfinder weapons are incredibly fun as well.

10. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    This was the example comparison I was looking at:

High difficulty level could be the case; in the one above it seems to take a ridiculous amount of hits from the full-auto ARs to down even basic enemies - right at the start it takes an entire clip from an un-augmented Avenger X just to strip the shields off an Observer. The bigger, heavier full-auto ARs like the Revenant and the Soned seemed to be if anything even less effective than the Avenger except maybe at point-blank range. The more efficient performers seemed to be the semi-auto or burst-fire guns like the Mattock, Pioneer, and Valkyrie ... and for the kind of longer-range firefights those guns are best at, a high-end sniper rifle might be even more effective.

11. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    I think I know why I still haven´t bought this game. I am old-fashioned and truely prefer the "galactic community space opera" over Andromeda´s space western. Yeah, I know, you can´t please everybody, but simply I feel withdrawl.

12. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Indeed. It was the first thing I noticed, I wasn't complaining out loud about the Mattock rate of fire - but I'm very glad they up'd it.

BEAT IT LAST NIGHT. I'm very happy with it and won't start a second play-through until I finish some more side-quests.

For the record, best loyalty mission goes to Liam. Those witty writers..
    [​IMG]

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011
    I'm not sure if the two are mutually exclusive—the first Mass Effect game managed to provide both experiences by having an expansive, stable population while still having a frontier—but I definitely know what you mean. It can feel lonely knowing you and less than 100,000 others are the only ones to come from the Milky Way, surrounded by the unknown.

14. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I hope this game is the future of cosmetic surgery.

15. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    Is the game worth the 60 bucks or should I wait until they fixed the animations and some other stuff ?

16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    The animations weren't as bad as the hype let on, IMO. If you're a casual fan/player, I would just wait for the price to drop.

On the other hand, if you're itching for some exploration and interstellar travel. Drop the sixty bones!

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  17. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Come to think about it, while I don´t know the long-term plans, Andromeda saga might be doing intentionally the very opposite of original trilogy. ME1 quickly established massive interstellar civilization and also quite large scale villains (pun not intended), while Andromeda kinda presents initial area (Helius cluster) as sort of wasteland and bad guys aren´t that much interesting, both can be actually logical preparation for more dramatical sequel.

The Vanguard likes this.
  18. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Mass Effect being my favourite series, I was pretty worried getting into the game because of all the negativity. A friend of mine also spent the half a week preceding the game's release showering me with pictures of the game being made fun of, so the days leading up to it weren't the best ever. Just stopped opening those links... In the end I burned through it with crazy 10-hour+ days in about a week, finishing at roughly 80 hours. It was well worth it, really loved the game. :)

Massive plus for being able to customise both of the siblings, never would've expected that.

19. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    so i made a mistake when making the characters i suck at character creations so i went default scott as my main then i was checking out sara's options and picked custom by mistake so when i finally got to the point in the game
    when you talk to your sister even though she is in the coma i found out she was asian and looked nothing like my character. so guess my sara was adopted

20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I've been wary of buying it but thanks to Amazon Gift cards I bought the deluxe edition for $16. Should get it next week. Even if I don't like it as much as the Trilogy, I'm not going to cry over $16.

21. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I love all the environments, but I have to say I'm not sure why they opted to have two desert planets in Eos and Elaaden. Elaaden being the much better of the two IMO.

The Vanguard likes this.
  22. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
  23. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    I await the anime.

24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Did anyone else here save the Alien AI on Voeld?

25. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

I did.