main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Master of Questions: what is she?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by LelalMekha, Aug 1, 2013.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    For those who have played the Jedi Consular story, there's a point during the fierst act where you activate a Noetikon and find yourself transported in a room filled with white light. Then you meet what appears to be a woman in purple, the "Master of Questions," and she allows you to leave that eerie place only if you answer three questions correctly (see video here: ). I saw that "her" article on Wookieepedia was a stub, so I decided to expand it. However, I haven't played that part of the game, and very few things can be found on the Internet.

Those who have played that part, can you tell me what or who, according to you, the Master of Questions is? Of course, I immediately thought of that Rakata prisoner held in the Rakatan mind trap in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. After all, that prisoner would also use the same quizzing routine as the Master of Questions.

2. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I believe, if I can remember correctly (been a looong time since I played that part of the Consular story), that the Master of Questions is a simulacrum of sorts put into place by the Sith who briefly acquired possession of the Noetikons as a trap for the Consular who was trying to put them back together.

There are several occasions in TOR where you go into white rooms inside of mind traps for various reasons, usually to confront a Rakata of some sort, so possibly the Noetikon functions similarly.