main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MASTER REPLICAS ANAKIN FX SABER PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JORJ_CARDAS, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thxs. Man, I want mine.

2. JORJ_CARDAS

JORJ_CARDAS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Jedidavid, could you give us a quick word or two on the blade, it's durablility, brightness, etc. etc. Thanks.

3. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Hey all, I found a couple more pics of the Anakin FX from MR. These are the most promising pics so far.

[image=http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Anakin2.jpg]

[image=http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Anakin1.jpg]

4. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Those look great.

5. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    The outside of the tube is a heavyweight plastic. Inside that is a thin tube that is the light source. It goes the length of the tube, but I don't know if it's neon or what. It is very bright, comparable to neon or a florescent tube. It probably isn't visable in sunlight, but it is visable indoors in a well lit room in the middle of the day, and at night it looks great. Between the inner tube and outer tube is some sort of diffusing material that softens the light a bit. The pictures someone posted up above are pretty accurate. The blade is bright.

As for durability, some of the papers that came with it say not to strike it against any hard objects. I imagine you could hit, say a friend , pretty hard, but hitting wood or drywall or something of that ilk would shatter the blade. I hit my couch with it to test the sound effects, and I had to swing it pretty hard to get the different sounds to play. I imagine you could sort of spar with someone else who had one of these, but I wouldn't go full at it with someone. Like I said, I had to hit it pretty hard to get the sounds to play, so it must be made to handle a some abuse.

Going full speed with this thing would generate a lot of speed in the blade, especially at the end, and I don't know if its built for really hard fighting. It IS very heavy in the hilt, and has a nice feel to it but I wouldn't want to hit the blade like I would swing a ball bat.

6. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
  7. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Is it possible to remove the artificial blade?

8. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    With a little ingenuity there probably is a way to do it. Without causing damage to the blade itself or the hilt, I really don't know. I myself, am going to play it safe and not remove the blade until the EL craps out after 1000 hours of use.

Now for those of you in Flight 1, if you could possibly tell the rest of us in later flights about how long it takes to get the thing once you get notification that the flight has left. I know, a stupid redundant question, but we have been waiting almost 6 months for the frickin things.

As always more reviews / pics are alway welcome.

9. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I was labeled "Flight 2" and I got my email notification today (Sept 27) that it was shipped yesterday. It arrived at my door today! Of course, I live in Pasadena, CA and it was shipped out of Burbank, CA. It was shipped via FedEx.

10. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    what do you think of it?

11. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    That's cool that you finally got yours, JediRacer. I too, recieved email confirmation today that my saber had been shipped yesterday in Flight 1. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok.. here's my review of the long awaited Anakin FX saber. Overall, it's a cool toy. I also have a Parks Saber that lights up, so I'll compare it to that. The blade of the Anakin FX is pretty bright, it's a lot thicker yet shorter than the Parks. The brightness level is about the same as the Parks, but since the blade is thicker, therefore more EL material, it seems brighter.
    The sound is ok. It's what you could expect out of a 1" dia. speaker. At first, the sound wasn't that loud, but now it's ok. There's probably a loose connection in it somewhere. All the sounds are cool. I especially like the startup and powering down sounds. The idle "hum" can get a little monotonous after a while. The moving "whoosh" sounds are pretty neat, since it only makes it when you swing the thing around. You gotta hit something pretty hard to make the "crash" sounds.. I wish it had a little more bass, or low frequency sounds, but what can you expect from a small speaker. It does sound better than the plastic Hasbro Electronic lightsabers.
    The handle or hilt is a little too shiny for me.. it's polished chrome. It is practically the same size as the Electronic Anakin Lightsaber from Hasbro. I like the size and machined aluminum look of the Parks saber better.
    Overall, I'm not disappointed with the Anakin FX saber.. it's a nice addition to my ever increasing SW collection. As MR says, it's not a true replica.. but it is a neat toy (although the box says it's NOT a toy).

13. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    Well, earlier today I finally recieved my lightsaber, and I am 100% satisfied with it. Now that I have my Anakin saber, I can't wait for the Darth Vader FX saber. Hopefully, after that, MR will make a green one(Qui-Gon's saber would be nice)

14. FlintD

FlintD Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    I would advise trying to remove the blade. It is permanatly attached for a reason. The main reason is safety. The saber was originaly design to have a removable blade but the LFL lawyers advised against it since this is something that is planed to be sold at toy stores. All it take is for some kid to put his eye out some how with a removable blade and there would be lawsuits galore.

15. JEDIMASTERJAKE

JEDIMASTERJAKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    Man I cant wait to get mine! Seems everyone is very happy with it so far. I got mine from a guy on eBay and he said he would let me know when they came in. I wonder if its in flight1 or flight2? O well cant wait. Anyone got pictures of the box it comes in?

Take Care and MTFBWY !!!

JediJake77

16. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok.. I think I figured out how to post pics. Here's one of the Anakin FX saber (on the bottom) compared to my Parks Saber.

[image=http://members.aol.com/mattsuda/sabers1.jpg]

Here's another one close up of the Parks Saber, Anakin FX saber, and the Hasbro Electronic Anakin Lightsaber.

[image=http://members.aol.com/mattsuda/sabers2.jpg]

You can see that the Anakin FX and the Hasbro toy are about the same size.

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Great pics. I think the Anakin FX looks great.

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    JediRacer,

You have the old "visions" parksaber I see. I have one of those, and one of the new Eschelon sabers as well. I like the new ones much better as the hilt even lights up and has blinking lights. JeffParks will soon be coming out with his new "brighter" blades using a new double-battery system. As soon as he does, I am getting my third Parksaber! Woot!

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    MaraJade,
    Thanks for reminding me what model Parks Saber I have, I totally forgot! I got it a long time ago. I know he makes better EL blades now. His new designs are a little too flashy for me, I like the simple "old-school" designs. I like this Anakin FX saber though. The sounds make it fun to swing around.

20. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Has anyone in FLIGHT 2 or 3 received shipping emails yet?

Master Replicas still only has Flight 1 on their site as the only one shipped/departing.

I'm starting to think that the "All orders placed will be shipped by the end of October" may have been a bit optimistic.

21. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    God, I hope there isnt another delay. I ordered mine from Amazon for the cheaper cost and they say its being delivered Oct 15th-21st.

22. Maul5

Maul5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2001
    I got mine Yesterday and I was on flight 2 but I live in the same state were the ship them from so I got mine quickly. IT is great and worth every penny .It's as close to a real lightsaber as were going to get and dont trust the e-mails to much because also yesterday I got an E-mail from MR saying mine was shipping this week but it really shipped last thursday.

23. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I got to play around with one of the MR Anakin lightsabers at the CominCon (only because I was in my Anakin costume :D), and thought it was a piece of junk. The humming noise was very weak. The Rouge Parks saber is more expencive, but looks like it's much better quality. That's the one I'm getting.

24. An_elegant_weapon

An_elegant_weapon Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2002
    I thought I'd let you guy's know. My saber was flight 2 and I recieved mine yesterday.I live in West Virginia. I'm also happy to say I really like mine. I saw the video of the MR saber at celebration 2 and I wasn't to impressed and thought about canceling my order. I'm so glad I didn't. I don't own a parks saber so I have nothing to compare it to but in my opinion it gets very bright indoors, which is were it will probable be turned on the most. It doesn't light up hardly at all outside in the daylight or bright lighting. The sound effects are cool, but not very loud. There something cool about having a saber make a swooshing sound when you swing it and there's like four diferent clashing sounds. They don't seen very fragile at all. I could imagine they would hold up just fine dueling with a friend(even though I'm not going to tempt fate).

The only problem I had was opening the thing up to instal the bateries. Even with the screws taken completely loose it took me an hour to get the thing unscewed. I have the bruised and tore up hands to prove it. This had to be a defect. Now that I've unscrewed it ounce it unscrews fine, Its almost like I was actually cutting the threads as I turned it.
    Im not sure if this question was answer earlier, but you turn on the saber by a switch towards the top underneath the hook.
    It also takes 5-10 seconds for some of the sound effects to work when you turn it on. The reson for this is explained in a FAQ that comes wit the saber. Also if you turn the saber on then immediatly turn it off the light will stay on for a few more seconds.
    Hope this helped and I realy think you guys won't be disappointed.

25. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    I don't know, I thought that the sound effects were loud enough. I didn't have to strain to hear them, and that is good enough for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.