main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MASTER REPLICAS ANAKIN FX SABER PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JORJ_CARDAS, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JORJ_CARDAS

JORJ_CARDAS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Thanks to those who have responded to the shipping inquiry. So even though the MR website says FLIGHT 1, it appears FLIGHT 2 has also started to ship / arrive. Now those in FLIGHT 3, it's your turn. If you don't mind, drop us a line when you get your email, or if it arrives. Also, thanks for putting your state down, that's a nice touch.

-Jorj.

2. DarkJediBishop

DarkJediBishop Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2002
    I was scheduled for Flight 3 and I recieved my Anakin FX Saber on October 3rd. I have to say it is a nice piece, I am a little disappointed in the quality of metal that they used, it looks like a low grade alumminum. I was able to bang the hell out of it against my couches and it did hold up well. However, it is not very comfortable as far as handling goes because of the placement of the ignition switches and other crap thats on it. I couldn't twirl it without some discomfort. Its about the same size as the Hasbro toy sabers, the sound is cleaner, and the ignition/deactivation sound is nice. It also seems to have two or three different contact sounds, one just the deflection sound and the other the same sound with a movement hum at the end, and the other sounds like a lightsaber to lightsaber kind of sound ( I hope this makes sense). The light is definatly bright, and noticeable in a lit room. Overall I give it a B, my parks saber is superior in both craftmanship and userbility. I think that the Anakin saber, for all of those out there who havent ordered thiers yet, would be best left for purchase at a retailer for a price of about $50-$80 whenever and if ever that happens. Sorry if I crushed anyones expectations here but I am calling it as I see it, you may or may not agree with me on this one. Oh yeah I almost forgot I am in California and I ordered the saber at Celebration II ( I hope CIII is someplace else, Indiana has absolutley dick to do at night, San Diego or Los Angeles in 2005???? Party towns all the way!!)
    May the Force Be With You.

3. SithLord328

SithLord328 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    I got my lightsaber October 3rd and was scheduled for flight 4. I live in South Carolina so everyone should be getting their's soon.

4. JEDIMASTERJAKE

JEDIMASTERJAKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone got an Anakin FX off eBay and have you gotten it yet?

Thanks !!! JediJake77

5. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Flight 4, Really!?! That's excellent. I'm in Flight 5 in Maryland, so hopefully only a week or two left. Good, good, good!

6. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Man, maybe next week we'll all be happy campers

7. JEDIMASTERJAKE

Aug 5, 2002
    Flight 4! Does anyone know how many Flights there are?

Thanks!!
    JediJake77

8. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    From what I understand, if you ordered from Master Replicas direct, your order would be placed in one of 6 Flights.

9. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Well I just got off the phone with MR again.

-It seems they were having a bit of a mixup that is now fixed and running smoothly.

-The reason a couple folks from Flight 4 got theirs already is because of this. I was assured that ALL orders will be fufilled, and none have been lost.

-The website isn't accurate on where they are on shipping (we knew that already though) They are a bit ahead actually. Flights 2 and 3 are being worked this week. They are also working through the weekends to make sure these things ship quickly.

-Ballpark figure for Flight 5 to your door is 25 OCT. Of course this is in a perfect world with no shipping snags.

-Flight 4 should be getting ready to get moving next week. Those in 4 should have or be getting emails shortly. Those in Flight 5 look to mid-late next week for your email. Monday the 21st at the latest (again in a perfect world)

Hope this info helps.

10. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Yeah, Amazon is selling it for $100, $30 off

11. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    bad news for anyone that ordered from Amazon. Its been pushed back until Nov 1st. I swear, I almost dont give a S$&t if it arrives anymore. WTF is the deal with MR? I am so frustrated.

12. CrimsonK

CrimsonK Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
    To be honest, I don't think its MR's fault that Amazon receives their shipments late. For example, When Sears got their before MR, MR isnt the one who sends it to them. Its like a different distributor or something. Like I remember I ordered DVD's directly from the company who produced them but other stores got them 2 or 3 weeks before they did. So I don't think MR is to blame.

13. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Has anyone actually got those 'pre-ship' emails they are supposed to send you right before they ship the things.

If so, what kind of time frame are we talking? How long before it gets to you, do you get the actual email?

Roughly how long does it take to get from them to you?

Anyone from Flight 4 or 5 get emails or the actual saber yet?

And yes, if you are wondering, I am getting a bit impatient, sorry.

14. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    I got my Anakin sabers a couple of days ago after a short delay, even though I was in flight 1.
    Anyway, I got 2 sabers and just my luck, the sound on one of the sabers didn't work. I tried the resetting technique mentioned in the instructions 5 times and it still did not work with brand new batteries, so one of my sabers is going back to MR for replacement. Now as for the second one, it lights up and sounds activate accordingly when turned on. One problem, whenever I contact the blade to get the "crash" sounds it gives me the "shutdown" sound effect and then no sound at all. I have to then give it another jolt to get it going again with the "ignition" sound. That happens 80% of the time when I hit something. The only way I can get the "crash" sounds to work all the time is by leaving the cover off the batteries and then it works properly, so I will probably be returning that one too soon.

Other than that I really like the sabers and can't wait to get the DV F/X saber!

May The Force Be With You!

15. JEDIMASTERJAKE

Aug 5, 2002
    Well I was hoping to get my Anakin FX in time for Halloween. I was going to take my little girl out trick or treating and dress in my Jedi Costume and take the FX along for attention. Looks like I will be draging my non functioning Obi Wan Ep1/2 Resin saber along instead or that junky Rubies Anakin saber that just lights up! :(

O well had to get that off my chest!

JediJake77

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ That is really terrible. MR really has to get their act together. All these delays are seriously going to affect their reputation and their business. And it is horrible that you won't be able to have a saber by Halloween, when those sabers should have arrived a long time ago.

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I know I'm not wasting my time on a company like this anymore after I get my saber. I was thinking about it, but why feed a company more money when they dont deliver when expected. No matter how cool their stuff might be. There will always be another manufacture of this stuff in a few years. I'll wait until then.

18. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    See, I don't have that much of a problem with waiting... it gives me time to save the money back for the order and I'd much rather have something accurate than crapped out just to meet demand.

I don't think that they should PROMOTE anything until they have at least half of the run completed. I figure those that order first will be the most impatient.

I was afraid that there would be problems when MR didn't even have a FX saber at C2.
    I ordered Luke's ROTJ saber because I was able to see the prototype and inspect it.

BTW, they said the F/X saber wasn't going to be limited and you would see it in stores, but I haven't seen it at any stores. What's up there? :confused:

19. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm just impatient now because I've had this stupid FX saber on order for 6 months.

20. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
  21. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Still waiting...no email...no updated profile...no nothing. :mad:

22. designhero

designhero Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Does anyone know why Amazon has them for only $100. Is it because they can buy a bulk amount at wholesale or something? It just seems a little weird that they can sell it $30 cheaper than the manufacturer.

23. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm the buyer for my company and the reason they can sell it cheaper is due to bulk.

24. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Well I got off the phone with MR Cust Service. According to them, they want Flight 5 and 6 to get moving by COB Friday. Well, I'm not holding my breath.....

25. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I dont think I'll ever be getting mine. GGGGGRRRR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.