main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Master Replicas (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master_Rich, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Rich

Master_Rich Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2002
    I am hoping that some of you in here might be able to help me with this question. Does anyone know how MR did their production runs? I have seen sabers that were made in both the US and in China. Does this mean that half of the run was made in the states and the other half in china (750 each place), or does it mean that there were two full runs (1500 each place).

This is kind of bugging me becasue I don't know if this means that there are actually 2 of each number. I don't know what this does for the value of the sabers either. Would the US ones have a better collector value than their chinese counterpart?

I am waiting for my sabers to arrive and hope that you might be able to clear up my confusion.

Edit by Neck: Title changed to make this the official thread for Master Replicas...

2. Master_Rich

Jun 26, 2002
    I found out some new info today about this. Apparently the first 500 were made here in the states. The remaining 2000 were made in China. I have read a review from someone who owns both and he said that the finish on the US version is shinier. It also uses smaller gold screws as opposed to bigger silver ones on the chinese counterpart. The black rings on the grip are thinner on the US run as opposed to the chinese one. It kind of makes me mad to think that they charge the same for two different products, and then claim on the official website that they are pleased to offer completely identical replicas.

I called Master Replicas about this and I am waiting for them to return my call about this.

Anybody have any insight on this?

Master_Rich

3. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    I don't have any insight to this, but I would like to say welcome to the boards and may the force be with you. :D

4. Thatick

Thatick Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2002
    If they contact you, let us know what they say. I am very interested in their response. Thanks!!

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I heard that the MR was a huge disappointment. A guy I know who bought Han's blaster said it was just cheap painted plastic and that the case that it came in was worth more then the blaster.

I saw a prototype for Han's blaster at a con and it looked really good. But since it was a prototype I guess they changed it for mass production

6. Cantina_Drunk

Cantina_Drunk Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    Amidala Starkiller...
    The "guy you know" is either drunk, lying or doesn't know what he's talking about. As an owner of a Master Replicas Han Solo blaster, I can tell you it is absolutely beautiful. It is made of all metal with a wooden grip, with extreme attention to detail. Most people who see it sitting on my mantle ask me if it is real. When they pick it up and hold it they are all very impressed. Definitely very high quality work. I've never seen better collectable replicas. I've ordered all of the MR lightsabers too, but haven't received them yet. If they are all of as good quality as the blaster I will be overjoyed.

7. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I'm glad to hear that the blaster is nice, I got email today saying that the Yoda saber I ordered has shipped, I can't wait to see it!!

8. Master_Rich

Jun 26, 2002
    I spoke with a representative from MR today regarding the differences in their lightsabers. She explained that the reason that their products are simultaneously manufactured here abd in China was because it helps save on production costs.

I raised a question of quality control and was told that they have strict requirements at both locations. She also admitted that their were slight differences in the design from one site to the other but that was due to the fact that there were several originals made available. So, it isn't like one was correct and one was wrong. Both were right, just from different Lucasfilm originals.

She told me that all of their products will be made by this split manufacturing method. I was pretty satisfied with these explanations. IMHO, as long as they excercise good quality control and don't make crap, they should be alright.

When I asked her about future products, she told me that Dooku's saber will be released in late summer and the Vader FX for early fall. She told me that they have lots of new products on a release timetable but due to liscence agreement with Lucasfilm, they are not alowed to divulge that info. She did told me that there were several more FX Sabers planned as well as the collectors Lightsabers. She told me that they have production contracts through the release of Ep. III, so there should be a lot of stuff on the way.

Hope this helps,

Master_Rich

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    So does anybody know who's got the best prices on the Master Replicas?

10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    *crickets*

11. Master_Rich

Jun 26, 2002
    Oh God....I just looked over my post...I think Jar Jar used better grammar.

In my defense, I hurried to type it.

Oh yeah, btw, Check ebay for really good prices. I saves about $200 total off of the retail price ordering the Luke, Yoda, and Obi-Wan from one place. Just a thought.

12. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    has anyone received a confirmation e-mail about their ordered Anakin saber?

13. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    ::pokes his head in::

Anyone have any idea when the Vader FX Saber is going to be made available for pre-order.

Also, if anyone has the Yoda Saber, is it worth it? :) Thx in advance.

p.s. back on topic: I think there is an interview on sirstevesguide.com about production runs. :)

14. Master_Rich

Jun 26, 2002
    Just thought that I would drop a note and let anyone interested know...My Luke lightsaber from MR arrived today. I simply love it. I was very concened when I found out about MR splitting the production between the US and China. My fears were relieved when I recieved my saber today. The construction is just great. And the packaging is also very nice. It is number #1888 made in China.
    I am looking forward to getting my Yoda lightsaber, which is scheduled for delivery on the 24th. MR was very nice in answering all my question over the phone as well as via email. I am very pleased with them so far.

Master_Rich

15. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm hoping they release a vader saber without the blade attached...

16. StuartBurton

StuartBurton Jedi Master star 4

Mar 11, 1999
    Got my Luke Skywalker sabre a while back (number 426) and the Yoda sabre came yesterday (number 6!!!). Both are absolutely beautiful!

So glad I ordered them. Just waiting for Obi-wan to be delivered and for them to release Count Dooku. Can't wait!

17. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    Count dooku's sabre is awesome. I like how it curved and has that little sharp handle pointing out beneath the enery beam.

18. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Arnt the FX sabers shipping tomorrow?

19. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    I saw in Previews magazine that the Vader FX is shipping in November and you can preorder it from there. I'm sure within a month or so the Vader FX will be for preorder on the MR site.

20. Master_Rich

Jun 26, 2002
    Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that I recieved my Yoda lightsaber today. I got nukber 526. I am really pleased with it. I was really apprehensive to get the lightsabers from MR. My Luke saber came last night and with Yoda's coming today, I am just waiting for Obi-Wan's...and all the new stuff. I am really glad I got these.

I didn't know that the Yoda saber came with the display case either. That was a nice surprise.

If any of you are worried about the quality of these sabers, relax, they are just gorgeous and very solid.

Master_Rich

21. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    hmmm, i think hte next replica to b made has to have something to do with zam wessel.

look at this:

http://www.rebelscum.com/mr.asp

22. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    well thus far i am still waiting for the obi-wan lightsaber. should be getting email confirmation of the delivery any day now.

i already got the display case about 2 or 3 weeks ago and just can't wait for the lightsaber.

anyone get an email confirmation of the obi-wan lightsaber??

23. FlintD

FlintD Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    DinoX,
    There will be a Vader saber w/o the blade.

24. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Wow, I am really getting impatient waiting for my Anakin FX. I ordered it 2 months ago. What is taking so long. If i dont get it in 2 weeks, i might just cancel the order. Well see.

25. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    FlintD, how exactly do you know there will be a Vader sabre without blade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.