main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Matt Groening....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  2. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    oh wait is there online only components that won't be in the show? I may have to get on that!

4. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    no this podcast for cartoons was given the first five episodes to watch by Netflix so they watched and reviewed them. Or are you talking about something that was discussed in the podcast? I put the podcast on and my parents were talking so loudly in the kitchen I really did not hear a lot of it I will have to give it another listen.

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    RIP @};-

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    what does that mean? what or who is resting in Peace? If you mean Groening he is not dead that was just a rumor from last year that turned out to be totally false.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    @};-

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I still don't get it? that is an emoji of a rose or Flower? Rose is dead RIP? what does that have to do with Matt Groening?

might you be talking about this?

Rose's career is kind of dead now after his sexual misconduct;)

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I think vin is referring that the first reviews of the show aren't that great and he's saying RIP to the show.

10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    @};-

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    dude your freaking me out are you a voodoo witch doctor did you put some kind of spell on me that will kill me? again dude your freaking me out here.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Well for one the review podcast I posted Is positive and there really are not that many reviews out and the ones I am seeing are all saying Its great Its like a medieval Futurama so I really again don't know what he Is talking about. also They are already guaranteed a second season. There are no ratings for streaming they just count up how many people watch it. its the same for On-Demand and DVR the Networks and Studios are tracking what we are watching. I don't know about you guys but I am binging the whole first season on the 17th then I plan to watch it more like a regular show week to week with my dad and nephew then I will binge it a whole bunch more times.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/msn/disenchantment-spoiler-free-review/ar-BBLE2w8

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/201...ons-matt-groening-medieval-fantasy-animation/

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...e-of-thrones-send-up-has-a-few-groening-pains

The first review I posted was really positive the other two said it was ok but they have high hopes the show will find its footing in season two even season one of the Simpsons and Futurama weren't that great they got better in subsequent seasons. I mean Like I have said in the past in the Star Wars Forum there can be things you don't like in a movie but you can still really love the movie like in star wars TLJ some people didn't like the milking scene or Flying with the Force Leia but that doesn't mean they don't like TLJ the same can be said for TV there are things your not gonna like about a show and things you really like. We really wont know till we see how many people streamed Disenchantment on the 17th and weather we like it or not. you cant let critics dictate how you feel about stuff you gotta make up your own mind on how you personally like it. And finally These aren't great media outlets here I think I heard of one of the sites I posted a review from.

Matt Groening tends to have a cult following with his shows we are quite rabid fans are we! just look at the line to get into the Disenchantment panel at comic con there has got to be thousands of people here,
    [​IMG]
    And these aren't all the Groening fans in the country or world just the ones that went to the panel at comic con there are way More Groening fans around the globe and country!

13. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    @};-

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I put matt groening in google and back came:

Groening's Disenchanment first reviews aren't magical
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a863330/matt-groening-disenchantment-netflix-first-reviews/

An excellent cast rescues fantasy parody Disenchantment from mediocrity
    https://tv.avclub.com/an-excellent-cast-rescues-fantasy-parody-disenchantment-1828194769

Disenchantment lacks the magic of Netflix’s other animated originals
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/7/1...seman-big-mouth-animated-originals-comparison

So based on the headlines alone, it doesn't sound that great.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I just went to Rotten Tomatoes, There are ten reviews 6 positive 4 negative,
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/disenchantment/s01
    You cant believe everything you read on Google I guess Its not like a movie premiere where Hundreds if not thousands of critics see the movie a small handful of media get to see the first 5 or 7 episodes so hardly anyone has reviewed let alone seen the show again 10 people reviewed it 4 didn't like it 6 liked it a lot including a Magazine I love and Subscribe too Empire Magazine, Empire Magazine loves it. I have a feeling like with Star Wars TLJ the negative reviews will be the loud minority.

Critic Reviews for Disenchantment: Season 1
    All Critics (10) | Top Critics (3) | Fresh (6) | Rotten (4)

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    The theme song for Disenchantment its growing on me I have listened a bunch of times!

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I just watched all ten Episodes I started at 8AM It was really good I loved It! Like Futurama Disenchantment has a Flowing Story from episode to episode and season to season at times It plays like a drama It has a lot of heart! Episode 9 had me crying just like I did at times for Futurama...

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It has a flowing story from season to season?

19. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I watched the first episode. I’d say it was charming but wasnt blown away by it.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    its good but I'm surprised it isn't funnier , a lot of times the gags seem a bit flat .
    Also - given the scenario you think they'd have loads to parody and spoof but they kinda don't . Instead its kinda like they've gone for an anti-Disney Princess route .

voices are great , really smart getting Matt Berry in too .

21. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'll probably watch it for Matt Berry alone

His voice is amazing

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  22. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    It isn't terrible. I remember watching the first season of The Simpsons and even Futurama for that matter where it took some time to gain steam and get good. I doubt Disenchantment will go 30 years like The Simpsons but I suspect it could go longer than Futurama did if they improve the writing.

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I've watched five and my reaction is the same. It's not nearly as good as Futurama's first season.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    On the Friday the show premiered I woke up at 7AM in the morning and binged the whole show give me a break I worded it wrong I meant to say The episodes flow from episode to episode in a Serial kind of way kind of like Futurama and it ends with a cliff hanger so at least season 1 flows to season 2 in this same manner and if there are multiple seasons beyond season 2 that may just be how this shows structure is formatted.

25. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I thought it was decent at least, keep me mostly entertained. Not as good as classic simpsons or the better episodes of futurama, but better than modern simpsons.