main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mature themes; an Adult discussion V 2 topic 3: Good old fashion NOOKIE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    As the first thread has dissapeared in the passages of time, and the subject has come up again I thought I'd restart this thread.

Once a week or so, depending on the steam of the topic (as mesured by discussion) we'll pick a topic to discuss. How do we handle writing it and keep within the GUIDELINES of TFN.

The ground rules:

1) Don't challange the board standards.

2) Don't pass judgement on writing about a particualr topic nor it's merits. I for one have extreem difficulty with the subjects of abuse and rape, but the subject (mostly the aftermath insted of the act) HAS been used in fan fic here on the boards while still staying within the limits. I hope the author who handeled that and lead that discussion will do so again *hint hint* I know who you are!

3) Don't violoate the TOS

4) If you don't like the topic, don't post. The last thread went well over 500 post, 99% of it was thoughtful discussion.

Please either PM me or post a topic to get us started, then I'll change the thread title when we've decided on the first one.

2. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    How about prostitution?

3. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hookers in a GFFA... :p

4. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    :p well I doubt you'd use hookers. :rolleyes: But think about it, it would make an interesting discussion.

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I can't for the life of me remember who said this. It was something about the Jedi Temple keeping a harem of women more or less for the propogation of Force-sensitives. I'd say that's in the same field as prostitution.

That's more of a random statement, though. :p Anyway, I'm sure there are hookers, even if they're not called by that exact name. I'm of the opinion that dancing girls aren't desired just for their moves and grooves.

I suppose when writing about it, the same rules would apply as with happy nookie?

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    There's Jemmiah's stories where the main character was raised in a brothel until Obi-wan and Qui-gon came to her rescue.

7. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

I don't know if this is revelent but there's a story called lady of the knights in the classic story board that deals with a jedi turned hooker turned jedi

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Jade, I think I proposed that the Jedi might have prostitutes available at the Temple (on the Obi thread when we were being silly). Jedi aren't allowed to have attachments (according to GL) but I don't believe they are forbidden from having sex. The use of prostitutes would certainly discourage attachment or love while fulfilling a basic human need.

There was a story on another site about women at the Temple that were there specifically for procreation of Force-sensitives but it's an R rated story.

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    OK, you asked for it.. bring on the pleasure givers...

10. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    I have what I'm calling a "pleasure club" in Episode II of my fic... there are both male and females "working" there (so not to be sexist :p). I haven't gone into depth about what goes on in there (partially because it isn't really necessary for the story), mentioning only that there are rooms where stuff goes on and leaving it at that. Nobody's PM'ed or complained so I assume what I have so far doesn't violate the rules.

sg

11. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Since it's one of the world's oldest professions, I don't see a problem with the concept of prostitutes in GFFA. Obviously some levels of the profession would push the lines of the rating here, but courtesans are within the boundaries in my opinion.

12. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    I've always had some vague suspicions about a few of the Outlander patrons.

This reminds me of the straight-to-video Batman Beyond movie, Return of the Joker. After the film was completed but before its release, the censors went in ordering changes (mostly related to violence). One change though was to a shot without dialogue of Batgirl talking to two women on a street corner. From their clothes and the fact that they were on a street corner at night, it seemed clear that these were hookers, and that was enough to warrant redrawing. When the (unrated) edited version was released, one had become a man, and the other was dressed more modestly. The uncut version was released later with a PG-13. But again, that was for violence, not one quick shot of probable prostitutes.

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    OT: I bought that DVD the other day... Big fan of the Batman Beyond series with Mark Hammil deliciously evil as the joker...

I thnk Qui-Gon would be 'aquainted' with many ladies myslef...

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I'd happily be one of those 'ladies' to be acquainted with Qui! hehehehe

15. PresidentKang

PresidentKang Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    This reminds me of the straight-to-video Batman Beyond movie, Return of the Joker. After the film was completed but before its release, the censors went in ordering changes (mostly related to violence).

Have you ever seen the edited version of Return of the Joker? One of the best scenes in the movie, really the heart of the entire story itself, is when Robin kills The Joker. In its original form its horrific and powerful.

I caught the edited version on TV once - instead of shooting the Joker, Robin just pushes Joker into a pile of water and then the Joker gets electrocuted. It just completely robs the scene of any dramatic impact whatsoever.

So, uh... yeah. not quite sure where I was going with this, but I've had a few beers tonight. Anyone see GRAYSON on the fan films site? its pretty awesome.

Man, that post totally went downhill from where I started. I'm gonna go have a smoke. I apologize for posting this rambling msg even as I hit the post button.

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I also would be glad to help Qui-Gon with any needs he might have!

The real problem is, if attachments aren't allowed, where do the Jedi go for relief? Is that a bad thing to go to a prostitute? It is in our society (usually) but would it just be another job in the SW universe?

And, if Jedi do use ladies and gents of the evening, do they call ahead to meet them at a certain streetcorner or do they come over to the Temple? Or do they go to a 'house'?

And, above all, does the Jedi Order get a group rate?

17. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Jade, I think I proposed that the Jedi might have prostitutes available at the Temple (on the Obi thread when we were being silly). Jedi aren't allowed to have attachments (according to GL) but I don't believe they are forbidden from having sex. The use of prostitutes would certainly discourage attachment or love while fulfilling a basic human need.

There was a story on another site about women at the Temple that were there specifically for procreation of Force-sensitives but it's an R rated story.

I have personaly have read some that deal with this. The one that comes to my mind was written really well. It didn't concentrate so much on the phyical act itself but on the emotion of the act and how it was possible to have formed a bond with one. The jedi would see the same girl over the years and she fell in love with him before he was killed and then it dealt with how she felt and how she left that life etc.

I sightly remember one in which the council recalled Obi-Wan from the Clone Wars and he was shown to a room and was given a drug so that later he didn't remember anything and the only clues that the reader was given to figure out what was going on was that it was mention his high count of midiocrions (not spelled right but the count that determines force sensative.) and how a woman looked out from the crack of the door with a sad look on her face.

I think its possible that in some cases they were able to use the force as one means of relief (if you catch my meaning, the only way I could figure out how to post it and not get banned, I hope)

I also think if they did go to umm clubs it would most likely be very discreet clubs, because they wouldn't want everyone one to know their business. The jedi have always come across from the movies at least as this jedi business non of your buiness kind of atitude.

I also think its possible that it was known to jedi, of any ladies of the evening or gents, that had homes that the jedi could go to, that perhaps were only available to the jedi but were not in the temple itself. This would make some sense because what if the club was raided, I don't think the jedi would want to be caught in a raid, that news would be all over galaxey and would dimish the air of mystery that surrounds them. They would have a lot of explaining to do.

Also there are probably some jedi who have the old western touch of shall we say in the door and out the door and thank you very much and not caring about the other person's pleasure, as well as those jedi who think of the other person's pleasure as much as of their own pleasure.

But with fanfiction there are many different possiblities all depending on how the jedi are protrayed and how each individual jedi was protrayed. (basically characterzation) :)

These are just some of my opinions and no offense is intended.

***runs before things are thrown at her***

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    And, if Jedi do use ladies and gents of the evening, do they call ahead to meet them at a certain streetcorner or do they come over to the Temple? Or do they go to a 'house'?

And, above all, does the Jedi Order get a group rate?

Hehehehe group rate... now that juz hit me funnily!!

As for 'ladies/men of the evening' I would think they would meet somewhere else besides at the 'club of business' or at the Temple. Don't see to many non-Jedi at the Temple.

hehehe ironic enough... my story that I'm gonna be doing about Dooku and his 'unexpected daughter' deals with a lady of the evening that he has a 'one night stand' with. Though it was a one night stand an a mistake (Dooku believes..) he's ever the gentleman [face_love] (well back in his younger days I'd think hehehe) tries to make amends with the woman. Poor chap... it *is* her profession hehehe Well he spends the next day trying to make amends but he never sees her again though afterward. (it all resulted with an argument that he had with Jocasta Nu hehehe he wanted to for go the Code so they could be together, but her being the ever 'dedicated' Jedi did not want too; so he kind'a got a lil irate and asked for a sabbatical and got wasted one night and did his 'thang' hehe)

Needless to say about 8/9 yrs later (around the same time Qui gets killed and he leaves the order) he gets a letter from said lady ;) Though it's arrival is due to her untimely death... states about having a daughter he had nooooo clue about hehehe But regardless I juz thought it ironic about this topic and my lil bit with said lady of the night ;)

And juz so you know DarthBreezy I've been enjoying that one fic of yours ;) very good :D :D

19. Jedi_Bant

Jedi_Bant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2004

Mmm... The thing about this idea is that it encourages prostitution, don't you think? And would the Jedi who are supposed to be so in touch with living things and human respect and all that be a part of that kind of culture? I've run through every possible scenario that this can happen - regular prostitutes that are randomly invited to the Temple, special 'Temple' women... and it all comes down to the same theme of exploitation and disrespect of the human dignity... There's nothing glamorous about prostitution...

I would like to participate in a prostitution discussion but I hope that it will not be one that 'glamourizes' it anymore than I hope no one here thinks rape is synonymous with passionate love out of control... Because rape is not about love and neither is prostitution....

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Don't forget, there are others in th GFFA that aren't Jedi....

21. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    And would the Jedi who are supposed to be so in touch with living things and human respect and all that be a part of that kind of culture? I've run through every possible scenario that this can happen - regular prostitutes that are randomly invited to the Temple, special 'Temple' women... and it all comes down to the same theme of exploitation and disrespect of the human dignity... There's nothing glamorous about prostitution...

Exactly, Jedi would not encourage or be a part of the degradation of others like this. And who would be paying for that, for that matter? The Republic, that's who. That'd be like American taxpayers paying for Policemen to go to brothels. That's seriously screwed up, IMO. Besides the fact that people are not going to shrivel up and die if they don't engage in certain pursuits. It is a strong natural human urge, yes... but it is not THAT necessary that it be fullfilled, and it is not impossible to resist fullfilling them. I for one have always felt that a Jedi's aim was to go above and past such urges through true understanding of the force. Whether or not they are always successful in this, fighting against their human urges, is an interesting question perhaps left for another thread/time.

yes, please, let's talk about OTHER possible aspects, clients, etc, of prostitution in the GFFA. And what about Jabba's slave girls for that matter? Do you think they were also used as prostitutes/sex slaves? (hopefully not for Jabba [face_sick]... though the way he licks Leia's face in ROTJ makes you wonder what's being implied there. :(

edit: just adding on the "sex slave" note, I always feel so bad for poor Oola when jabba starts trying to pull her chain to make her come to him (likely to molest her somehow) and she finally has enough and fights him and winds up in that pit with the Rancor. If only Luke could have stopped him sooner. :( Poor kid. anyway, point is, that in my opinion was showing the true, non glamourous, even horrific nature of being a sex slave/prostitute.

sg

22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Soon you will begin to appreciate me is what Jabba tells Leia. Foul as it may seem, the humaniod females were all fairly scantily clad.

23. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    I just added something about Oola to my previous post. Yes, it is a rather disgusting thought but it is rather strongly implied that he likes more than the dancing. [face_sick]

Liz

24. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Exactly, Jedi would not encourage or be a part of the degradation of others like this. And who would be paying for that, for that matter? The Republic, that's who. That'd be like American taxpayers paying for Policemen to go to brothels. That's seriously screwed up, IMO. Besides the fact that people are not going to shrivel up and die if they don't engage in certain pursuits. It is a strong natural human urge, yes... but it is not THAT necessary that it be fullfilled, and it is not impossible to resist fullfilling them. I for one have always felt that a Jedi's aim was to go above and past such urges through true understanding of the force. Whether or not they are always successful in this, fighting against their human urges, is an interesting question perhaps left for another thread/time.

That is a good point. :) Which is why I lean more to what using the force as stated in my previous post. Also it would make sense then I also think its possible that it was known to jedi, of any ladies of the evening or gents, that had homes that the jedi could go to, that perhaps were only available to the jedi but were not in the temple itself. This would make some sense because what if the club was raided, I don't think the jedi would want to be caught in a raid more like in the sense they have a good friend they go to where they are not attach, but the good friend is not in the business, but just two good friends needing a little comfort. If that makes any sense. I should have put this on when I first said it but forgot. [face_blush] Either way it would be discreet I think.

As far as others I agree it looks like with the hut that he has more then dancing on his mind. [face_sick]

25. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I didn't think Hutts were biologically capable of such horizontal (or vertical, or whatever) activities. In the Han Solo trilogy, Jabba's uncle turns into his aunt because she sort of spontaneously becomes pregnant. So...that really doesn't explain anything. :p There were probably others in Jabba's palace who would have lusted after Oola.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.