main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG May 18th Star Wars Dress-up Party

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm not going for the May 18th screening after all... not allowed to because I have a test the next day. :( Kim won't be going either. You guys have fun :)

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    That's a pity...less 2 jedi! :(

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Minus one Jedi and one Sith, actually ;)

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Well at least that sort of balances it out. :D

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    It's okay Clare. ;) School will comes first somethings. ;) Anyway, we still got May 21st or on 19th some of us cross our fingers and sneak off to some cinema that still have a few seats left.

Current Verdict for the 7.40pm Screening
    - Xeno_kenobi
    - JaZzYjaZZ
    - lukedecop
    - JediJean
    - Faiz
    - Curlywhirlyjedi
    - Wmgan
    - Yazid_Skywalker (+ Friend)
    - Darth_Eagle (+ Leah, Isis)

4 more tickets to spare.......

6. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Hi D-Eagle.

Do you still have one more ticket for the party at 7pm-ish? (Two if you count Idzh... you know who.).

:) Delight

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Welcome back delight.

You can just copy and paste the list above, then add your name and the number of the tickets.

:)

8. GED_EYE_GUY

GED_EYE_GUY Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Hi can I get 2 tixs pls? I've added my name to the list, as well as Delight's.

Delight, hope you don't mind.

- Xeno_kenobi
    - JaZzYjaZZ
    - lukedecop
    - JediJean
    - Faiz
    - Curlywhirlyjedi
    - Wmgan
    - Ged_Eye_Guy (+ Friend)
    - Delight
    - (+ Idzh?)

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    That's 16 in total..full house!

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Roger roger! :)

Back back, Delight! :) Ya, sure Izdhani can join in. See you both end of this week I think. ;)

11. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Thanks be to Jazzyjazz for the welcome back (it's good to be back! yeah!), Ged_eye_guy for the cut-posty bit, and Darth Eagle for the confirmation bit. Let me confirm with Id to see her preference. :)

mtfbwy all.

12. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    OK...I just had this brilliant idea of making a papier-mache and cardboard Vader mask. Hope it works!!

Just checking -- the $9.50 is for BOTH the party AND the screening right? Or is it just for the party, and an additional $8 for the screening?

When and how can we make payment?

13. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I'm in a bit of a fix now... Silly me already bought a ticket for the 8.10 show at Plaza Singapura on May 18 (that was before I read your message about wearing a tee, and before I decided to make my own Vader mask -- I assumed that I wouldn't be attending the costume party because I didn't have a costume).

So... if I join you, I may have to forfeit my ticket, unless I can sell it off. I know most people don't like watching movies alone so it might be hard getting someone to buy this single ticket. Would anyone here be interested?

14. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    do we have to pay to attend the party? If so please let me know. I've already secured my 7:10pm tickets.

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    This is what I saw being posted at another Forum:

There's going to be a costume party on 18 May (sneak previews) at GV Grand from 6.30pm to 7.30pm. Anyone who is wearing a costume (or even just a SW T-shirt) can get a free beer on the house and it's free to enter the garden reception area whether or not you have tickets for the movie!....If you're wondering, i'm not an employee of GV but in the spirit of fun suggested to GV to organize a costume party for the fans.. and the nicest part was that they're even throwing in some prizes for the best dressed......

Note: For the "Kids" ;) You know what that means. Brother & Sisters here will have to keep a watch on you to ensure you don't take a booze. ;) Don't worry, I don't drink either because I am a Muslim.

16. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    OK... now I'm really confused.

Darth Eagle, in your first post you said that the costume party costs $9.50, and that you would be getting a few tickets for it. I assumed that the party came together with the show, and together they cost $9.50. But from your last post, it seems like the party is free and anyone can just walk in.

(1) Did you book tickets for us? If that's the case, are the tickets just for the screening? In that case, shouldn't they cost $8 instead of $9.50? Or are tickets more expensive at GV Grand than at other GV cinemas?

(2) Or are the tickets you booked just for the party, which means we have to get the cinema tickets ourselves? If this is the case, I'll have to back out of the party, as it's probably too late to get tickets for the GV Grand screening.

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Don't worry; the 16 tickets are for the ROTS Screening at 7.40pm. Will get back tomolo on the ticket price.

Now we got to know that the SW Costume Party was just something free instead of have to pay $9.50 for both the party and the movie later so don't worry about it. Come worse IF we gotten the wrong ticket, just legally gate-crash it. :p They need people in costumes and we are the ones always providing the large no. Just like during the Hasbro-Taka Costumes Contest & LOTR Line Party. ;)

18. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    OK great! Now I just have to convince my boss that Star Wars is more important than work... so that I can leave early! =) We're meeting at 6 right? Worse come to worst if I can only leave the office at 6, I hope I can be there within 15 minutes or so by cab (I work near the City Hall area). But leaving early SHOULDN'T be a problem.

I saw on another thread that you're meeting this Sunday... I might not be able to make it this Sunday, so can I just collect the ticket from you on May 18 itself? My handphone number is 9694 3596; Darth Eagle, please give me yours too so that I can contact you in case of emergencies (like I can't find you guys or something).

Thanks!

19. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Yay, I managed to sell off my PS ticket! Can't wait to join you guys at the costume party... now I just hope I can get my Vader costume ready in time!!

20. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Greetings to all!

Hi DE, I spoke to Idzhani. She's cool about joining us.

So the list looks like

- Xeno_kenobi
    - JaZzYjaZZ
    - lukedecop
    - JediJean
    - Faiz
    - Curlywhirlyjedi
    - Wmgan
    - Ged_Eye_Guy (+ Friend)
    - Delight + Idzh

count=16

If anyone suddenly finds that you have an extra ticket for this particular screening, can you please PM me? I have another friend who will like to join us (subject to ticket availability of course).

Thanks all.

21. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    just reminding you guys, i have already secured tixs myself for the 740 show. I will be coming with my bro.btw you guys go there n change right?

22. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Hey I'm certainly interested in the costume party, and would like to attend... Unfortunately though, I'm rather new here and I have a VERY strict mom.. *sigh*

More info would be helpful though.. ? =P

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    The tickets are all with me, and I'm wondering how I should collect the money from you guys. One ticket costs S$8.50

With Curlywhirlyjedi backing out of our list of 16, there's now one ticket available. Anyone who's interested, please post below. I would hate to see the ticket go to waste.

- Xeno_kenobi
    - JaZzYjaZZ
    - lukedecop
    - JediJean
    - Faiz
    - Wmgan
    - Yazid_Skywalker (X2)
    - Darth_Eagle (X3)
    - Ged_Eye_Guy (X2)
    - Delight (X2)

Count=15

To make collection easier, I'll be collecting the money from the members of the board only, so if someone else is accompanying you, pls collect the money from him/her first. :)

The party supposedly starts at 6:00pm, but I'd probably be there way earlier to change and make sure everything is all right. If you guys want to come earlier, it'd be good too so that we can settle any outstanding money problems.

;)

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Delight has another friend who's interested but if a Board member want to go too, I guess the Board Member get first priority. ;)

25. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Just curious, is there only ONE ticket left for the whole party + screening? I'd like to attend, but I kinda need permission from my mom first...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.