main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG May 18th Star Wars Dress-up Party

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi Delight, welcome back :)

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Jedi_Healer - There's 1 ticket left out of the 16 we bought. It doesn't mean that there are no more available tickets for the 7:40pm show, but you'd have to check it out yourself.

:)

3. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Hi JediClare!

I'll defer to DE about the additional ticket issue. :)

Awaiting to be as happy as a clam in 10 days' time. :D

4. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey speaking of which, you guys know any good resources in Singapore to get a GOOD costume. I know a few places, but their Jedi getup usually look cheesy and tacky. Any ideas? Looking to rent one.

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    For renting, No. 1 Costume Costume and go only for their Jedi or Sith Garbs. ;)

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/sgstarwars/AOTC_Charity/020511_26.jpg]
    The Obi-Wan & Dark Jedi Costumes are from No. 1 Costume Costume 3 years ago. The only thing you must provide yourself is probably the Tabbards, Belt & stuffs on it and maybe Obi plus Lightsabre.

And I sense that No. 1 Costume Costume is making more SW/ROTS related costumes as the other day one of the worker called me up to ask for links to online places showing SW Costumes.

Costumes & Mascot may have okay Jedi Costumes. Foreigner House of Costumes ones seems okay, okay but it uses a lot of shortcuts like for the AOTC Anakin, the tabbards is sew onto the tunic and covered only the front.

6. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Where's No. 1 Costumes and the other places you mentioned?

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    1. No 1 Costume Costume Pte Ltd
    32 Aliwal St Singapore 199922
    Tel : 6333 9440

2. Costumes & Mascots
    784 North Bridge Rd
    Tel : 6299 0882

3. Foreigners House Of Costumes
    268 Middle Rd
    Tel : 6336 0890

I can show the way to both No. 1 Costume Costume and Costumes & Mascot if want and on my "Arab Street" shopping day as it's very near to Arab Street.

Foreigners House Of Costumes is a long walk from Douby Ghaut MRT Station and near Little India. Kinda across the road to Paradiz Centre, at the shophouses.

8. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Thanks. I should check them out sometime.

How are their rental prices like?

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Final 16:

- Xeno_kenobi
    - JaZzYjaZZ
    - lukedecop (X2)
    - JediJean
    - Faiz
    - Wmgan
    - Yazid_Skywalker (X2)
    - Darth_Eagle (X3)
    - Ged_Eye_Guy (X2)
    - Delight (X2)

Delight - Sorry about your other friend..but if we are able to get more orders for tickets, we might be able to book extra seats.

Those who are still interested to attend this screening but your name is not listed above, please put your name down now. Note that after checking the GV website, about 3/4 of the seats are sold out and most likely you'll get a aisle seat if we buy again.

10. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    DE, when's ur shopping day? Danial wants to come also, he need a costume.

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Our schedule for the day (still might have some changes):

5:00pm: Arrive at GWC. Get our costumes ready and also settle outstanding monetary issues

6:00pm: Party Starts

7:35pm: Begin Seating

7:40pm: ROTS Screening

10:00pm: Movie Ends

10pm Onwards: Free & Easy; Supper

Not sure what's at GWC that opens till the wee hours, but if anyone knows, do offer some suggestions for our post-celebration

EDIT: My apologies, one ticket is S$8. DE, I'll give you back the balance. Guys, I think you should know this - After checking the tickets, I found out our seats aren't at the center but at the side. I hope this won't discourage anyone and back out from the event. :(

12. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    hey guys , do you go there and change into your costumes or wear it all e way there? lol

13. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Oh no, that's sad... but I guess there's nothing we can do about it now... just hope the view isn't too bad. It's not too near the front is it?

14. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Oh..no more tix... um..is it possible to order another one more for me? Thankies.. =)

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Curlywhirleyjedi - Some are going there fully dressed already, or maybe half-dressed like me, then will get everything ready over there.

jedi_healer - Ok, perhaps you'd like to choose your seat below? But take note that if you can't sit with us then you'd be sitting alone, unless you want to wait for other people to place more orders?

For those who are interested in where our seating is, here is the overview. Our seats are those that are marked:

[image=http://www.michigan-experience.com/wp-content/GV-Seating.gif]

Because they only show the row and not the seat numbers, our seats could either be those shown above or the exact opposite on the right.

16. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    OK, those seats are not too bad.

Arghhh... my Vader costume is really bugging me... so much to do and so little time (and I keep doing something wrong and having to do it all over)... I'm thinking of using garbage bags as my cape, but I'm worried that will make a really loud crinkly sound in the cinema that would irritate everyone around me...

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    How about just using a rectangular Black Cape instead of Vader's Semi-Circle(?) Cape?

Garbage bag will make it too Ghetto IMHO.

18. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    where exactly is the cinema again?

19. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Great World City.

20. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Okay. Id can't make it. :(

- Xeno_kenobi
    - JaZzYjaZZ
    - lukedecop (X2)
    - JediJean
    - Faiz
    - Wmgan
    - Yazid_Skywalker (X2)
    - Darth_Eagle (X3)
    - Ged_Eye_Guy (X2)
    - Delight

Count = 15

Jedi_Healer, you want a ticket right?

21. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    By the way about the costumes

Foreigners House Of Costumes is closed for renovation. I was just in the area 2 nights ago. Theirs look the best to me so far, checked them out a while back. Too bad they're closed. DAMM

And No.1 Costume went there ealier this evening, was quite dissapointed with what they had in terms of SW stuff (although they have quite an extensive range, mostly other stuff)

In the end, decided to make my own, going down to a talior tomorrow and hopefully can get is rushed. Will be replicated Luke's outfit when he went to see Jabba in ROTJ, love that outfit. Please pray for me guys!

Cheers

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    - Xeno_kenobi
    - JaZzYjaZZ
    - lukedecop (X2)
    - JediJean
    - Faiz
    - Wmgan
    - Yazid_Skywalker (X2)
    - Darth_Eagle (X3)
    - Ged_Eye_Guy (X2)
    - Delight
    - Jedi_Healer

Count = 16

23. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Oh wow looks like I'm in after all... Thanks Delight! *g*

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I hope no one backs out anymore..it might be tough finding more replacements.

25. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I don't think I can be there at 5... I've obtained permission from my boss to leave the office at 5... I work at Victoria Concert Hall (Empress Place), and apparently bus 75 (if I remember correctly) goes directly from here to Great World City... does anyone know approximately how long it will take (including about 10 minutes of waiting time)? Worse come to worst, I'll just take a cab, since I'm REALLY not familiar with where GWC is.

In any case, I will try my best to be there BEFORE 5.45pm (hopefully by 5.30)... hope that's okay. Where exactly are we meeting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.