main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG May 21st SW Costumes Parade cum ROTS Screening

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    So sorry for this long delay in starting this thread. [-o|

Okay, cut story short, who'll like to join the customary aka done every 3 years with a little one for The Matrix Revolution and ROTK release years ago, SW Costumes Parade cum ROTS Screening on May 19th in the evening?

Basic schedule for the day is
    4pm - Start assembling at Somerset MRT Station OR Douby Ghaut (We'll decide later if we want to extend the route this time round :p )
    5pm - We start out march down Orchard Road in the direction of Lido (since they are more Camera Friendly and bigger). Stopovers at selected places like in front of Ngee Ann City or in front of Istana :eek: for rest and/or photography can be arranged. ;)
    6+ to 7pm - ROTS Screening at Lido 1
    10pm - Supper

2. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Who are currently given places for the movie screening?

3. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    is it together with the 18-19 may thingy or is it a separate one?

4. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    this shud be a separate one. i'm in. might need 2 tho, not confirmed yet

5. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    This sounds like fun, I think I would be able to make it. Can I just wear a SW tee since I don't have a costume? And also, do we need to pay for any extra costs?

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    GetzJedi, it'll be as many people as possible. ;) The only problem I fear is that we have to rush to get the tickets tomolo due to Singaporean's usual Kiasuism. So in case, may try getting a certain large amount like 20 or more first tomolo IF when I check out Lido, the no. of seats left for the 6+pm screening is selling out very quickly.

Yes, this is for May 19th Evening under our own plans and not related to the May 18th SW Costumes Party cum ROTS Screening or other screenings.

7. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    okie, this is so cool! i wanna go,please...

8. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm in.

DE - I can help you with the ordering of tickets if u need assistance. Just let me know.

Btw if I don't have a costume, I'll be camera-man. :D

9. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    If we're gonna go in a huge group well then count me in. Anyone can help with getting the tickets?

10. MandalorianBleahhh

MandalorianBleahhh Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    I still working on my Jango helmet, can i join in with the helmet and a Star wars TEE-Shirt!?!

and if i wanna join how to join?

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    For those who are confirmed in joining the SW Costume Parade and ROTS Screening, please put your names below.

Note that you should try to be available from 4pm onwards, or at the very least 6pm onwards for the ROTS screening.

Pls try and confirm by 2nd May, as we shouldn't drag this. If we do, we may not be able to get good seats and sit together. As for payment, it'd be a 'ticket exchange for cash' system (after I've bought the tickets). For those whom we won't meet till the 19th itself, you can pay me on the day itself.

Those who have enquiries or would like to personally confirm with me can contact me at 97683816.

:)

EDIT:

The earliest available tickets for Lido 1 is on May 20th, 10pm (if we don't watch anything earlier than 6pm). Even Saturday (21st) is sold out for evening and night shows.

Our options now are either 3pm plus shows on either 19th, 20th or 21st, or 20th 10pm (which may be sold out pretty soon).

Give your suggestions on which day would be best for you. Do it in this format:

1. JaZzYjaZZ (19th May 3pm show)

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Up. Pls discuss the Costume Parade details here. Looking at the current situation, it's highly unlikely we can do this on opening day, unless everyone is willing to do it in the afternoon.

EDIT:

Correct as of Apr 30 midnight:

Available shows in Lido from 3:00pm onwards:

1. 19th May 3:45pm
    2. 20th May 3:45pm
    3. 20th May 10:00pm
    4. 21st May 6:00pm
    5. 21st May 9:00pm

I'm going to suggest 21st May (Saturday) 6:00pm. Pros are that it's a Saturday, not too late, lots of people. To state your interest in attending the Costume Parade and Screening for this date and time, put your name below:

1. JaZzYjaZZ

Btw, don't follow the previous post by me. :p

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Latest news from Chakster, Evening May 19th Tickets are practically sold out. :_|

So in order to cater to most people's RL needs, we may have to shift the Costumes Parade cum ROTS Screening at Lido to Sat 21st May. There is a 6pm show that day and if we confirmed it ASAP (maybe 1pm Sun), there is a very good chance we'll get good seats and be together. Pricetag is $9.50 I think.

So what does every say to this? Or do you want to stick with May 19th and shift it to another cinema? Please be reminded that some people may have school or work to attend to in the morning during the weekdays. ;)

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - If you see my previous post, I also agree that Sat 6:00pm is the best time. We can't afford to spend more time discussing about other options otherwise even this may be sold out.

Those who are confirmed interested for this time and date, start putting your name down.

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Darth_Eagle

Okiday! :) Think a no. of people are also not working at the weekends or those school have no commitment after the afternoon so 21st seems the best alternative. Will start SMS whoever I got their contact no.

Remember Folks, same schedule as planned for May 19th BUT most likely the parade start earlier, 4pm maybe, and it's on May 21st. Not necessary for everyone to wear costumes or armors as there is always a need for assistants for those in costumes, from carrying bags to taking photos or keeping a lookout for some of us in costume/armor who became half-blind or deaf that day due to what we'll be wearing. :p

16. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I am OUT if the date is 21 May 2005, cos I'll be working the whole day and I can't get leave...

17. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    i'm IN

1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Darth_Eagle
    3. Yazid_Skywalker

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So we settle on May 21st one 6pm? :) Please confirmed wherther you can turn up or not ASAP or you'll be left out. ;)

1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Darth_Eagle (+ Brother)
    3. Yazid_Skywalker
    4. Lukedecop
    5. JediJean
    6. Faiz

Will get the title of the thread change soon. ;)

19. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Hell, I'm in !

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    1. JaZzYjaZZ
    3. Yazid_Skywalker
    4. Lukedecop
    5. JediJean
    6. Faiz
    7. Xeno_kenobi
    8. Sidious_101
    9. Darthsyn (x2)

Limit currently is 20 tickets; extra required will be based on your luck if there is still some available later. ;)

21. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Yup, we're definetely in...

1. JaZzYjaZZ
    3. Yazid_Skywalker
    4. Lukedecop
    5. JediJean
    6. Faiz
    7. Xeno_kenobi
    8. Sidious_101
    9. Darthsyn (x2)
    11.aanakin
    12.padawan_princess

22. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    yipee!hehe.
    i hope i can finish my costume on time...

23. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    We're not switching cinemas for the 19th? Isn't doing a costume parade and watching in costume on the 21st, two days after ROTS opens, somewhat anti-climatic?

Anyway,
    1. JaZzYjaZZ
    3. Yazid_Skywalker
    4. Lukedecop
    5. JediJean
    6. Faiz
    7. Xeno_kenobi
    8. Sidious_101
    9. Darthsyn (x2)
    11.aanakin
    12.padawan_princess
    13. JediClare (x2)

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I think the mentality is that we want to watch at Lido 1. Sure we could have picked a lousier screen like Lido 3 or Lido 4, but it wouldn't be justifiable, at least for some of us.

Although 21st is 2 days after opening day, it's still a Saturday and there'll be a more vibrant atmosphere than compared to a weekday.

btw, only 5 places left.

:)

25. benTantilles

benTantilles Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2003
    damn. Lido had only released the tickets for, what, a DAY and they've sold all their opening day tickets?! insane.

i'm interested in going to watch with die-hard fans like you all, but i'm obliged to bring a whole bunch of friends along so i won't be signing up with you guys. I just havea couple of questions... Hope you won't mind answering:

1) Those 20 places are the total number of seats in the cinema, are they? They're just the max number of ppl you can afford to take under the FFSG banner, right?

2) I agree with clare- watching it on any other day then the opening day is kinda selling yourself short. Surely there're other places to go to? How about Cathay Cine? and 3) shouldn't there be a midnight screening somewhere? what's wrong with our local cinemas?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.