main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG May 21st SW Costumes Parade cum ROTS Screening

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    It's true that a midnight screening would be cool, but currently those plans have been scuppered by our May 18th Costume Party and Screening at ROTS. Unless we want to watch it twice in a row..

For the 20 tickets that we have, those were bought yesterday so as to avoid disappointment should we have bought later. We estimated at 20 tickets, so right now 15 tickets have been taken.

:)

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    The Updated List cause I have to deduct someone's and add someone. ;)

1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Darth_Eagle (+ Brother)
    4. Yazid_Skywalker
    5. Lukedecop
    6. JediJean
    7. Faiz
    8. Xeno_kenobi
    9. Sidious_101
    10. Aanakin
    11. Padawan_princess
    12. JediClare (x2)
    14. Leah/Parish (+Friend?)

(+ Shawn, Jess and groups of friends. :) )

Don't worry, Darthsyn will be joining us for the parade, just that he already gotten his tickets

3. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Who's Leah/Parish?

4. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    so, what cinema are we going to?
    (p.s. DE, forgot no.15) ;)

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    > Surely there're other places to go to? How about Cathay Cine?

Cathay Cineleisure may have a good screening feel BUT they have strict "No Outside Food" Policy and taking in account what we faced for the ROTK one, some members may prefer whole Halal food from the Fast Food Restaurant and don't have enough time to eat so will want to bring their food inside. Lido at least got KFC, PH, McDonald, Starbuck etc etc rite outside their theater or you can run down to ISETAN supermarket to grab something else and hide it in your bag.

Cineleisure also don't allow photography unless you're the press or something so taking into account the public who may want to take photos with us, we won't be able to cater to them. Anyway Cineleisure is more catering to the teen and young adults who some are not very pleasent. It is also very crowded and the space near the block office is very small. Lido is more towards the family kind of crowds for blockbuster movies and their space is bigger.

I'll go to Cineleisure if it's with friends and we got nothing special like a costumed parade at hand but not with a large group.

> 3) shouldn't there be a midnight screening somewhere? what's wrong with our local cinemas?!

Cause we got Sneak Preview and several of it on May 18th? ;) There wasn't any Sneak Preview when AOTC came out; just special screenings if you paid for the Charity Premiere tickets or bought something from Singtel or won from TCS5/TODAY, so there is the Midnight Premiere.

You must also think for our younger members and friends who are still bonded to be home by certain hours so Midnight Premiere is kinda out for them.

Sneak Previews: Love or hate them. :p

6. benTantilles

benTantilles Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2003
    "For the 20 tickets that we have, those were bought yesterday so as to avoid disappointment should we have bought later. We estimated at 20 tickets, so right now 15 tickets have been taken."

so you're the guy who booked that big block of seats near the back. haha, okay. I went to Lido to check out my seating options... looked as if there were quite a few seats left. BUt I don't think they'll last til the end of the week.

"You must also think for our younger members and friends who are still bonded to be home by certain hours so Midnight Premiere is kinda out for them."

haha, i know, i know. But stiiiil... nothing can quite beat the midnight screening for the atmosphere & enthusiasm of the audience.

You see, I'm bringing a group of friends over to watch the movie with me... and as excited as they are to see ROTS, they're not star wars fans per se. I nonetheless persuaded them that they'd have the experience of a lifetime- and i knew I wasn't exaggerating, because it was for me & my family, some of whom weren't star wars fans. We all went for the AOTC midnight screening, and it was FANTASTIC. the crowd was so loaded with enthusiasm... carrying out mock lightsaber fights, comparing star wars costumes... some even came in a hybrid of jedi cloaks & contemporary clothing! (imagine seeing guys in obi-wan's robes & a pair of Nikes...)

Before the movie started in the theatre, the excitement was almost tangible. The audience was cheering the protagonists in the advertisments- yes, the frickin adverts- on. It was nuts. The cheers grew louder when the green "Lucasfilm Ltd" sign appeared, making it apparent that the show was starting.... but everyone hushed to a still silence as the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." line appeared. And then, all of a sudden, everyone burst into cheers as the STAR WARS logo appeared in gold. It was brilliant, i tell ya. I want my close friends to be able to experience that for Ep III, so perhaps they'll understand my passion for the franchise (among other reasons).

Trouble is, if we're going for the screening on the 21st- a full 2 days after the opening day- i'm not sure if the crowd will be as enthusiastic. you guys are going to cheer your hearts out & do all that other stuff, right? tell me you are, please...

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Of course we are going to go crazy on the day, even if most of us have already watched it at least once by then. You're right that it's an experience of a lifetime, but it need not always be on opening day midnight.

Nowadays, with sneak previews and promotions, we're able to catch the movie way before opening day, like the Charity Premiere for all 3 episodes, this episode's sneak previews, and AOTC's free ticket giveaways by TODAY paper.

On all these occasions the party was phenomenol and I'm sure all of us want to make this year the best of the best, as a swan song of sorts.

Just imagine a 2-hour climax after 30 years of love-making

:D

8. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    man...i'm sorry guys - as much as i love star wars, church comes first. i've got some class on the 21st too! :( so i can't go, then.

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Leah/Parish was the LOTR Group Sam so she is a familiar face to some here. She was also a member of the mIRC #starwars when it was still alive. ;) She's thinking of doing a Jedi Garb for the costumes parade. :p

Kim, it's okay. ;)

Well, maybe this May 21st we can have another unofficial Lightsabre Duel if the Jedi in the group want to do it and the cinema don't apost us. :p Sorry that I will probably be out this time as might be Padme that day; was the Sith back for the Midnight Premier of AOTC while Derrick and Brandon are the Jedis. ;)

10. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    So, to confirm...

The parade will start at 4pm on Sunday, May 21, and we'll watch ROTS in Lido 1 at 6pm. Is that right?

Count me in! I'm going to be leaving Singapore in a few weeks' time (home in Malaysia for two months before leaving for the USA in August for college) so what better way to end it with a bang!!

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yup that's correct, except that May 21st is a Saturday, not a Sunday. Hope it doesn't clash with your schedule!

12. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Should be okay. OK, I'm in!

13. chakster

chakster Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hi Everybody! :) Its great seeing everybody come together again.

One funny thing I realised when doing the bookings was that with the exception of thursday's and friday's screen times in the evening, the other slots are practically empty. And from 21st onwards the bookings were mostly mine for the past 3 days. I have a feeling there were some company bookings. The selling out of these time slots look too neat......

Anyway... I'll get a copy of the seating plan from the cinema when I collect the tickets. Then we can allocate the seating easier. I'll try to make the 8th May meeting but can't confirm cos I'm having people over AND I'm struggling with my costume that came in the mail today <FINALLY!!!> :D Will find a way to pass the tickets to DE if I'm stuck.

MTFBWY
    Chakster

14. benTantilles

benTantilles Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2003
    "I have a feeling there were some company bookings."

they were indeed, according to the staff i asked. Citibank being one of them, I believe... and they gave 5 of their tickets to my family! yeah!

I also have bought about a dozen tickets for the 6pm screening (and another half a dozen for the 945 show- so by the end of the 21st, i would've watched the show a grand total of 3 times already!). Look forward to seeing you all there!

Just to clarify- you all will be meeting earlier to go parading down Orchard Road, right? Do you have an exact schedule for that? Perhaps I can drop by and see how you are doing. Would be nice to join some fellow costumed brethren for a while... Out of all my friends, I'm the only dressing up. But hey, Royal Guard armour looks great, so I'm not complaining!

" Just imagine a 2-hour climax after 30 years of love-making"
    that's an... interesting.. way to put it. when wgman said he'd like things to "end with a bang", i don't quite think he meant it that way... :D

15. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Yippee!! And just for the record, I think anakin is a bastard for making my sweetheart cry... I shud be anakin...

16. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    What has that have to do with the coustume parade and ROTS screening? Anyway, Anakin is not an illegimate child...his dad was the Force. :p

Aanakin: You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

17. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Wow this is SOOO COOL.. I've never taken part in a costume parade before! I'd really love to go, but... Unfortunately though, 21st is the day I'm leaving for KL! Argh..just a couple of days before school starts. AHH!! Maybe there's still time to beg my mom to let me out of the trip... Hmm

18. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    hmm, meditate on this u will...

19. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    contrary to my previous post, and after much deliberation and persuasion from JediClare, i'm going on may 21st. heheheh. it's such a once in a lifetime event!!

looks like i'm going to church on sunday, then.

Darth_Eagle...hope you reserved a ticket for me when i smsed you! :) thanks.

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    As with the May 18th Party and Screening, the tickets for this event are with me. Each ticket costs S$9.50. The list stand as:

1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Darth_Eagle (X2)
    4. Yazid_Skywalker
    5. Lukedecop
    6. JediJean
    7. Faiz
    8. Xeno_kenobi
    9. Sidious_101
    10. Aanakin
    11. Padawan_princess
    12. JediClare (X2)
    14. Leah/Parish (X2)
    16. Kimbilili-k-s

That's still 4 tickets left! Don't miss out on this huge event! Doesn't matter if you're new to the boards or not; everyone is welcomed!

Money collection will be before the start of the costume parade, but I really hope to settle this before the day itself, either next weekend for our proposed meeting or during the week if anyone would like to meet up (just give me a PM).

21. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Darth_Eagle (X2)
    4. Yazid_Skywalker
    5. Lukedecop
    6. JediJean
    7. Faiz
    8. Xeno_kenobi
    9. Sidious_101
    10. Aanakin
    11. Padawan_princess
    12. JediClare (X2)
    14. Leah/Parish (X2)
    16. Kimbilili-k-s
    17. wmgan

I can collect my ticket and pay you during the May 18 costume party-cum-movie.

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Darth_Eagle (X2)
    4. Yazid_Skywalker
    5. Lukedecop
    6. JediJean
    7. Faiz
    8. Xeno_kenobi
    9. Sidious_101
    10. Aanakin
    11. Padawan_princess
    12. JediClare (X2)
    14. Leah/Parish (X2)
    16. Kimbilili-k-s
    17. wmgan
    18. GED_EYE_GUY (X2)

23. YODA_APPRENTICE

YODA_APPRENTICE Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    Hmm... does anyone have any spare tickets for May 21 screeening? Some frens and I have decided to watch it on that day... thinking of getting the cineleisure tixs since shaw's tixs are sold out but .. sigh.. we will miss out on the fun! :(

Hmmm...regardless...i would like to join in the fun for the costume parade segment. is that okie?

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Sure you can join us for the Costume Parade, plus we might need a few helpers to aid those who are in costumes. :)

As for tickets, there's still one available in our batch of 20. Are tickets really sold out for our screening? (I have yet to checked Shaw online again)

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Our schedule for the day (still might have some changes):

3:00pm: Everyone be at Dhoby Ghaut MRT. Get our costumes ready and also settle outstanding monetary issues

4:00pm: Begin Costume Parade.

Our route roughly goes like this - PS - Istana - Orchard Plaza - Centrepoint - Cross the Road at Orchard Emerald - Mandarin Hotel - Ngee Ann City - Wheelock Place and lastly Lido.

4:50pm: Break and Photo-Shoot at Ngee Ann City

5:30: Arrive at Lido

6:00pm: ROTS Screening

8:30pm Onwards: Free & Easy; Supper

We'd probably be heading to the Mac at Lido's ground floor, or BK at Wheelock Place for our post-celebration

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.