main
side
curve

SNG May 21st SW Costumes Parade cum ROTS Screening

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Okie, will be there at 3+.

We should have supper at BK -- the Galactic Burger would be a perfect end to our SW-themed day. =)

I'll have to figure a way to carry my cardboard Vader helmet and mask around when I'm not wearing it... it's quite flimsy so I'm afraid it will be squashed if I just put it into a plastic bag!

By the way, I hope we got center seats this time?

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    There is still one place left in our list of 20!

Here are our seats:

[image=http://www.michigan-experience.com/wp-content/Lido-Seating.gif]

Our seats are those that are marked with the pink dot. It's quite self-explanatory. Row A is the last row and the first row is Row Y. :)

Important Notice: Unlike our May 18th Screening, there are still plenty of seats available for this screening. Although extra tickets will not be seated with us, but at least the view will still be good. For those who are still interested in watching this, but are not in the list of 20, put your name down below. Hopefully there'd be 2 or more so that no one will have to sit alone.

;)

3. YODA_APPRENTICE

YODA_APPRENTICE Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    does anyone has problem logging on to shaw website. These few days I dont seem to be able to log on...
    It is www.shaw.com.sg. HELPZZZ!

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Shaw servers are infamous for being unresponsive and laggy. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Best is to try in the morning.

:D

5. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    not too shabby seats. good job.

6. chakster

chakster Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Why thank you good sir.... :p

Chakster

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Darth_Eagle (X2)
    4. Yazid_Skywalker
    5. Lukedecop
    6. JediJean
    7. Faiz
    8. Xeno_kenobi
    9. Sidious_101
    10. Aanakin
    11. Padawan_princess
    12. JediClare (X2)
    14. Leah (X2)
    16. Kimbilili-k-s
    17. wmgan
    18. GED_EYE_GUY (X3)

Total Count = 20

:)

8. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    hey guys, can i join the parade? i don have tix and all but could i just pop in and make the place more noisy?? prob dress up as a sith in black cloak (easiest)

cheers

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Of course, anyone is invited to join us for the Costume Parade. It's all about numbers, but just don't attract or cause trouble for us.

;)

10. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Parish said she got 5-6 more friends interested to join in so if there is anymore, they may be a 2nd round of tickets buying. ;)

11. benTantilles

benTantilles Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2003
    hey, sweet- i've got the 13 seats right in front of yours! haha.

"Shaw servers are infamous for being unresponsive and laggy. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Best is to try in the morning."

tell me about it. i had to go all the way to lido itself to buy my tickets.

Could I perhaps join you lot when you have your photoshoot at Ngee Ann City? Would be nice to have some photos taken with others dressed in star wars costumes...

And out of curiosity, how do you all deal with the difficulties of wearing a costume in public? I'm assuming you're all going to take off whatever your helmets you're wearing for the screening of the actual movie- but what about the immense amount of sweat you're going to generate from walking along the hot, humid streets of Orchard Road? The costumes are pretty thick, if i recall correctly, especially ones like my Royal Guard outfit. Just wondering if I could learn some trade secrets on this from you to make the day a bit more comfortable for me...

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    From what I remember in AOTC, one would be too caught up in the moment to really care about the heat. It's ok to sweat a lot, but just make sure you rehydrate yourself regularly. We don't want the occasion to be marred because someone got hurt.

Other than that, also pray that it doesn't rain. The weather is all the more gloomy and wet these days so there is a chance that it will rain. :(

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Many of us are just too used already cause we did the same thing for The Matrix Revolution, ROTK, Harry Potter etc or had been cosplaying in recent years.

IRG will be based on the level of ventilation in your helmet and the materials you used. I gonna redo my whole IRG one day to be closer to ROTJ version (currently a mix of ROTJ inside & Crimson Empire outside) but after wearing so many Arwen Gowns that are made of velvet, see no problem surviving in the ROTJ suit as long as I use the correct combination of materials.

One trade secret when wearing thick costume if it is water resistant is to sweat your butt out at the beginning so as to cause the outfit to be damp. This will cause your costume to became a some sort of cooling system! :p The fellow who told me this did it for his Life-Size Wampa and he even commented that eventually, he ended up getting a chill while in his costume. ;)

14. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    one would be too caught up in the moment to really care about the heat

I agree... I didn't find it all that hot - but my head wasn't encased in a helmet then. :p

Speaking of rain, perhaps we should plan a wet-weather route as well? I'm not familiar enough with the area to suggest one, though.

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Wet Weather Program: Dhoby Ghaut MRT - Orchard MRT - Lido via underpass. [face_laugh]

We'd be very restricted if the rain is heavy, and the above is all I can think of heh. Really, I'm open to suggestions.

But if the rain starts only after we've reached Ngee Ann City, we can go underground and carry on from there.

:)

16. benTantilles

benTantilles Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2003
    ^^^ oh, okay. interesting method of cooling. might be a tad uncomfortable, though.. being so wet. still... beggars can't be choosers. thanks for the advice!

17. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    This year, JediJean will go as a minder... aka the humble person who carries bags, buys drinks, takes photos, etc... 'cos Padme is going into retirement... at the most I'll bring along my blaster and/or lightsaber... if I get one by then... :)

18. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Oh! Is that what you call those people who don't-have-a-costume-but-help-out ? A minder...I like the sound of that. Don't worry JediJean, since I do not have a costume, we can be minders together :)

19. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Haha... Let me explain the whole deal about minders...
    Minders are people who protect the costumed people, I mean protect their costumes from getting damaged from excited audiences of the public. And when these uncivilised scum touch the character's stuff, you're supposed to warn them not to touch it. If they touch it, you should be shouting - ***k Off you scum. Then that way they won't dare come near costumed people again, much less annoying you.

20. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    unless someone has a spare jedi costume, i'm gonna be chaperon for all u jedi, heh heh.

a minder aye? i like the 'protecting the costume' part. makes me feel important. A BODYGUARD FOR THE JEDI
    who'd thought of that huh? *grin*

21. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    lol. Okay, I shall do whatever you guys say... This 'minder' deal is getting more interesting by the minute...so far the list of duties include:
    -carrying bags
    -buying drinks
    -taking photos
    -protecting the costumes
    -protecting the people in the costumes
    -warding off scum and villiany
    -screaming vulgarities at the scum and villiany

anything else to add?? :p

22. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    you guys crack me up!! lol

hmm how about

>Mooning the people
    >diverting traffic

23. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    more to the list
    >>paving a way for blind Jedi ;)
    >>helping blind Jedi take care of spectacles

24. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Omigosh, u guyz really crack me up here!! :p

But hey, quit givin' me more things to do, alright?!??

Bad enough that I was already the "official" group photographer last nite... but hey, truth be told, it was kinda fun :)

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! :D

Seriously, avoid the vulgarity part. ;) We will be in public, unlike what ever we talk about on this forum which is kinda PG-13 and above or opening old wounds, so must maintain a good, friendly image. ;) Parents will also be around and we don't want to be hated by them.

Just protect the costumed people from stray hands, legs etc but not too over protective. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.