main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May Meeting - May 21st 2PM at Village Inn

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by AuttyBot, May 10, 2016.

1. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    We have been beat by wedding receptions at Wings Over the Rockies for this month. Would we like to go ahead and plan to meet at our usual location and I can reserve a date at Wings in the months ahead? I can also check on additional weekends this month depending on flexibility. I would like to make additional calls asap! Thanks team!

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The usual Village Inn would be fine, I'm sure. We should probably stick with the same weekend.

AuttyBot likes this.
  3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yep, let's plan on VI at 2pm on the 21st.

AuttyBot likes this.
  4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    This weekend!

5. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you for updating the title, I could not figure out how to do it :p

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

#ModPowers ;)

7. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    as much as I would like to attend..the meetings have just become SOOOOOO long and honestly, not that i don't love you guys, but saturday is the one day i have to get stuffs done. Sitting in a meeting for 3 hours, when it could be done in half the time...just make it difficult. i am in for the auction and working at DCC, I will wait for the cliff notes. ;)

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Perhaps he-guy could be convinced to keep the meeting to just 30-45 minutes and start it at 3. If he could promise to do that, would you (and any others put off by longer meetings) show up, nnaydolem?

This is a meeting to plan for Denver Comic Con and I hear there will be updates, so this is a good one to attend. Let's shoot for starting earlier and keeping it brief.

AuttyBot and ladyblues like this.
  9. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    Having a scheduled time slot for covering all the important planning business would be pretty sweet.

I second Jonathan's proposal

QueenHighMistress and AuttyBot like this.
  10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The ayes have it! :)

Just a disclaimer, for most of our typical 2pm meetings at restaurants. The meal typically is about an hour, and the actual agenda and discussion is about an hour.

So if you wish to just come for the meeting and don't care to eat, show up around 3pm and you'll be on your way by 4 something.

ladyblues likes this.
  11. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    I third, this one I will have to watch the time. My husband's busy season is starting at work and soon I may not see him for a couple months so yea! I at least vote for all important topics to be a priority. :) However, I may show closer to 3 tomorrow in this case. :)

12. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    If I can make it at all, I definitely won't be there at 2:00. I have an appointment, so we'll see how the day goes.

13. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Are meeting notes going to be posted in this thread or a separate thread? I posted an update for DCC in that thread. Go sign up people.

nnaydolem likes this.
  14. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    They usually end up in this thread.

I'm not working any shifts. :p

15. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Notes generally happen here (in the original meeting thread) Thank you! I been checking in for that sign up :)

16. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Rocky Mountain Fan Force
    Meeting Notes
    May 21, 2016
    (I am looking for a volunteer as note taker for our June 11th meeting)
    Roll Call: Topic: Roxy the Rancor creators should name their Luggabeast_______?

Old Business:

We had an April meeting. Notes are here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...led-for-4-23-at-2-pm-at-village-inn.50039699/
    • May the 4th (1st) was successful; however we would like to consider ways to change our focus on a more child-focused event appearance. There were minimal people inquiring about our group. This was an event where parents are taking their kids out for something fun to do. We may want to consider our set up and aim for this change during Hauntings this year.
    • May the 4th at Mile High Comic had a great turn out and $500.00 was raised for Make-A-Wish.
    • The X-Wing will be at DCC this year!
    New Business:
    Sign up for DCC while space is still available here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GdJgAk_lk2P_fUPI0AtYzNp2Nk5sqASPyQriioSv3dM/viewform

• We now have space at DCC. We anticipate a large amount of foot traffic as we will be across from the Bellco Theatre. We will also have storage for our valuables with security overnight. We have an 80 x 20 spot to fill and we will be next to the Galactic Academy. This group is the next generation of Rebel Legion, 501st, and Mandos' that are under the age of 18. (For those new to the group.) We will need to consider banner placement. The best day to load in is Wednesday prior to comic con. Grimby will be there and more information will be posted as to when we can come help soon. You cannot count setup/tear down for a badge, but we will still need help!
    • ·Star Wars focused Panels at DCC are Trivia, Costuming, Droid building and The Sounds of Star Wars.
    • ·For The Star Wars Trivia Panel refer to Jonathan and Erica as leads.
    Other Events:
    New Event – The Rocky Mountain Fan Force garage sale to raise funds for the group:

·This will take place later this summer. Jonathan will gladly take your items.

In the future, Dan and Desiree have offered to host this years' annual BBQ meeting. TBA

Alamo Draft house: Star Wars will be showing. https://drafthouse.com/?home for details
    Film on the Rocks: TFA in September. http://redrocksonline.com/concerts-events/detail/fotr-purple-5-12-2016

Star Wars Celebration: Taking place in Europe this year http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Home/
    ·Tickets go on sale May 25th.
    ·Some of our members have already booked rooms and may be looking for roomates.
    ·See more on our forums here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...pril-13-16-in-orlando.50040474/#post-53591026

Star Wars News & Pop Culture:

Free music has been released on Starwars.com for National Record Day Check it out!

Chicago Star Wars Museum is not "Friend of the Parks" and is seeking a new location to debut. Read more here: http://fortune.com/2016/05/04/george-lucas-star-wars-museum/
    See Lift Track for a 3.99 download (he-guy what was this again?)
    The current speculated name of Episode VIII is "Fall of the Resistance".

For May the 4th, previous comics have been re-released

Rogue One comic has been cancelled.

Disney Infinity 3.0 has been discontinued. Two more sets may be released before it is finalized.

Thank you he-guy for accomodating our requests for this meeting and changing the format.

Did I forget anything? Is there any errors? Please post in the thread below to let me know

he-guy likes this.
  17. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    http://www.rifftrax.com/collection/star-wars

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    For those who may have missed it, I was wearing a gra-co_o_hun original work of art...my shirt.

[​IMG]

FanForced and Obey Wann like this.
  19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Great notes! Thanks for posting!

AuttyBot likes this.
  20. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    The tickets going on sale May 25th (tomorrow) is for SW Celebration in Orlando next April, not for CEIII this July. (just clarifying that)

The museum that George Lucas wants to build is not a SW museum, although many rumors and bad reporting have said it is. It originally was a modern art museum to hold his modern art collection along with some Hollywood memorabilia (a few items might be SW related, but not enough to call it a SW museum). Unless he's changed his mind very recently, there are no plans for a SW museum. (just clarifying that)

AuttyBot likes this.