main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May the Fourth 2014 - Wings Over the Rockies

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Apr 23, 2014.

1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Apparently I totally forgot to post this on the boards. :eek: Whoops!

Event runs from 9am to 3pm.
    Water & a light lunch (usually pizza) is provided. However, there will be food trucks, if your appetites take you elsewhere (plus, Sweet'Ness Cupcakes RULE!)
    Opportunities for costumed and non-costumed peeps.
    Expected attendance is 2-3K people.
    Foam Sabers, crafts, photo-ops, Blast-A-Trooper, X-Wing Open Cockpit, and LFL artist Kevin Graham will be on-hand.

Give a shout if you're coming to help out so I can get a head count, please. SITH__CHICK will need a list of names by May 1st.

Parking: Head around to the back and enter through the Sally Port Doors until 9am. If you're coming later and want to get in that way, coordinate with someone already there (not me) to be able to let you in the back doors. Parking may be scarce at times, and this will be the best option for you.

Setup Time: We'll be there bright and early at 7am (okay, maybe not bright, but you get the picture). Doors open at 9am, and there will be a LINE of people waiting, if past events are any indicator.

For anyone bringing in big stuff, setup a time with me to get loaded in any time during the weekend, if you like. I am available in the afternoon on Friday, and any time on Saturday.

Clean Up Crew: For those not heading over to the Outlaws game, it's usually fast business to clean up. I think the most it ever took was an hour, and that included waiting for some folks to come pick up stuff.

Are there any questions I need to address?

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll be there.

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Can we get an info post like last year's either here or facebook? Also, where is the google doc for station sign-up?:
    2013 post:
    10 days to go!

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    How's this?????

What is our time frame?
    · Setup – Saturday, drop off during the day, setup starting Sunday at 7AM
    · Operation – 9AM-3PM (doors open for crew at 7:00am)
    · Cleanup/Tear Down – Clear out the place from 3PM-4PM

Activities
    · Foam Sabers – For the 12 and under. RMFF is working this one (just handing out).
    · Craft Area – Ewoks and Bag Puppets. Supplies are secured and the Girl Scouts are manning the area.
    · Comicbook Classroom – They are all set,
    · LFL Artist Kevin Graham – Demos and a drawing session with the kids.
    · Blast-a-Trooper – The Legions & Mercs will be manning this one.
    · Photo Backdrops – We have several at our disposal, and will be set up in the vacant spots around the hangar
    · Green Screen Adventures – People get to pick the SW Scene they want to be in, and photos will be loaded to a password protected folder from which they will download 2 weeks after the event.
    · Large Props – Jim Shima’s Fun Toys
    · Jabba’s Skiff Float will act as our “stage” and command center for the event.
    · Open Cockpit – Greg from the museum and the Pilots will be manning this one
    · Fan Film Festival in the Harrison Ford Theater – he-guy has taken the reins on this one, and it's going to be awesome, with a table out front of the theater.
    · One more digital surprise for the occasion.

Other Items
    · Food Trucks – Sweet ‘Ness, Mikes 2 Kitchen and N.Z. Smokin' Guns.
    · Another little surprise awaits you.

All other news can be found in the Facebook Group for the Crew. If you aren't already in that group, ask someone to invite you.

10 days to go!

5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We will be there :). Probably will get there closer to 10. Abby and Mackenzie would love to help hand out sabers. ;)

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    ::slow clap::

:p

nnaydolem and DieWompRatDie like this.
  7. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I'll be there probably for the afternoon and cleanup. No photographer; sorry. Standard disclaimer applies.

8. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    There's a slim chance I might be able to steal the car for setup at 7-8 or 9ish. Put me down as "possible extra runner" for a couple hours. I'm working scheduling out with hubby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtrsonsZOO likes this.
  9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    he-guy and nnaydolem like this.
  10. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    I'm on the google docs, signed up for Foam Sabers not sure what that is....but sounds fun! :p Also I can work other stations if needed.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

@Haikukidu, its the table where we hand out the foam sabers...although I think we're going to RMFF up that table and put the runner and the Death Star Prize Wheel (of death and prizes) on it.

I tentatively signed up for Foam Saber duty in the morning and X-Wing duty in the afternoon. I got such a kick out of dressing as ANH Luke and being the gatekeeper for going up into the cockpit of the X-Wing. Hope to do that again.

he-guy and Haikukid like this.
  12. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I will be there, xwing and camera in hand.

13. TV's Frink

TV's Frink Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2014
    Hi there!

I'm the creator of The Ridiculous Menace, one of the fan films that he-guy is showing at this event. When he contacted me to ask if he could show it, I decided to come to Denver to see it. I'm excited to meet you guys and to see my movie on the big screen. This will also be the first convention of any sort I've attended, so it should be a fun experience all around.

I hope you guys will have a chance to check out the movie. If you want more info on it, you can find it here:

http://www.fanedit.org/ifdb/compone...434-star-wars-episode-i-the-ridiculous-menace

Teaser Trailer

Full Trailer

The full movie is on vimeo, I can link to it here but I didn't want to until I knew if it was okay or not.

FanForced and PtrsonsZOO like this.
  14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    We are thrilled to have you join us for the event

TV's Frink likes this.
  15. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    It looks like there will be only one bus at 2:30pm now according to Scott on the MG boards.

And somehow I'm not able to click on any block to add my name on the googlesheet. I'll be there all day 7:00am to when bus leaves (2:30pm). I've arranged with Zoo for droid drop off on Saturday afternoon and pickup Monday evening. See you all Sunday!

16. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Also, a BIG reminder: if you haven't already please fill out the background check form required by the museum for all volunteers and bring it with you. My goal is 100% of the volunteers from the local SW groups have it turned in. If you have volunteered at the museum before and have turned it in then you are good to go. I'll be collecting these on Sunday so Zoo can concentrate on other more important things (it's the least I can do to help out). Zoo, if you can add a link to the form in the first post I would appreciate it.

17. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I plan to be at the foam sabers but will have both kids in tow so I cannot guarantee to be there for an entire time slot. ;)

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Please do not add columns, rows, etc. to the Google doc. If you think it needs to be there ask me to do it.

We had the Prize Wheel added to the Foam Saber table, that would never work for SO many reasons. No prize wheel, not enough man power, we will save that for DCC since we are not doing BINGO. We may need to talk about the prize stash at the next meeting.

20. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Looks like I'll be able to make it.

PtrsonsZOO likes this.
  21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
  22. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    I don't land until 9:30am and have to work at 5pm at my 2nd job, so sadly I probably won't be attending. Sorry, I had really hoped to make it this year!!

23. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    Hey everyone, long time no post... and/or see. I'm able to help out. I'm having issues accessing the google docs to add my name. I was planning to come help with setup at 7:00am, and stay until at least noon.

I have no preference for where/what I'm assigned. I'm just glad to help wherever I'm needed.

Where does one find the volunteer form?

24. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    HI Ya!, I believe this is the google doc for sign ups!! see ya there:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oE67FjyXLQeFET-9HwhCs1zard0aJueY3IkSX56nPYU/edit#gid=0

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    If you're looking for the one Jawa Jaka mentioned, it's the background check one, and I think you might've done that already.