main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC May the Fourth

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MotivateR5D4, May 2, 2015.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Bought my daughter a Star Wars tee, one for me too :p

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

But are they matching ones? :p

[​IMG]

3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Well done. ;)

[​IMG]

Darkslayer and Darth_Furio like this.
  5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  7. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    Where are you guys in your Star Wars viewings on this marvelous day?
    Obi-Wan is clinging onto the platform as Grievous wields a electrostaff.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Shuffling battles right now. :) Just watched Yavin and Endor. The Battle of Coruscant has just started.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    I concluded Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I am going to view Disc II tomorrow then start Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

10. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Just viewed A New Hope before the scene-shuffling. :D Empire is next.

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Happy SW Day to everyone!
    Since I'm busy and don't have too much free time I'm celebrating by watching ANH but will make up this weekend and will watch more of the Saga.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Castiel

Castiel Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2013
  13. Castiel

Castiel Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2013
  14. AnakinsLoveSlave

AnakinsLoveSlave Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2015
    I teach 1st grade and a few of my students earned a Star Wars theme lunch today. We had Han Solo sandwiches, BobaQ chips, Yoda Soda, Bow Tie Fighter Pasta Salad, and Wookie Cookies. I also did random trivia all day and the kids could earn galactic jelly beans.

I also had to represent with my new t-shirt!

15. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Sadly, this is always a tough day for me, since it's reminder of how lonely I often am. I'll be staying at home and working on an Ahsoka illustration.

16. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    Celebrating my Parents 38th anniversary! May the 4th be with you all!!!

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The Sky Movies marathon continues - they've billed today as 'Revenge of the Fifth'. Currently watching the ending of TPM. AOTC starts at 8:35 and RoTS at 11am.

19. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    My day didn't turn out quite as I had planned, but it actually ended up being much better than anything I originally intended to do. The force was not strong with me starting out my May the Fourth, literally, as my power went out in the morning, and stayed out all day. I was all set and ready to watch the Rebels marathon all day on Disney, was gona put on the movies and some Star Wars music later in the day, hang out on this forum a bit, but before any of that could get under way the power crashed. I waited a couple of hours, but I just had this feeling it wasn't going to come back any time soon, it usually does when this happens, but for some reason today I just had this sense that it wasn't, I'm pretty sure it was my midichlorians telling me this. So by late morning I made the executive decision to abandon all my May Fourth plans I had here at home, and I hopped into my land speeder to head over to Disneyland to see if anything was going on. Turns out, Disneyland, specifically the area in and around Star Tours, was full of May the Fourth excitement and festivities. Lines weren't too long so I rode Star Tours three times throughout the afternoon. Hung out mostly in the vicinity of the ride where everything was happening. Enjoyed being among all the people wearing Star Wars shirts, talked with a lot of them as May Fourth was certainly the chatter for many. Several people even came as Jedi characters. People lined up to take pictures in front of this May the Fourth Be With You backdrop panel. Stormtroopers and Vader were laying down the law with everybody. There were May the Fourth Be With You and Revenge of the Fifth exclusive shirts and pins available, so I bought some of those. There was Star Wars music playing loudly throughout that whole walkway, its amazing how fitting the song is from that final ending party scene on Endor, when you hear it played amidst Star Wars revelers having a good time and engaging in Star Wars activities.

I had kept in touch with a family member who updated me all afternoon about the power coming back and it never did. So I stayed at the park a while, then went and watched Paul Blart in downtown Disney. Came back to Star Tours after the movie, spent some time there, got dinner, and finally left. Since there was still no power when I got home I put in a few hours reading Mercy Kill, which I got for free at Celebration, trying also to keep that spirit alive. I'm pretty sure it was the longest I had ever spent reading a Star Wars novel, something I plan to change considerably in the near future, but no better way to start that than May the Fourth.

So now, finally, about 30 minutes ago the power came back. Honestly, in comparison to what I originally had planned for May the Fourth, sitting around watching tv and dvds at home by myself, I had a much better and more fulfilling day going to Disneyland.

How did everybody else's day turn out?

For what it's worth, May the Fourth be With You

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Watched some of AOTC, quite a bit of RoTS, and now on ESB. Damn wind keeps shaking the satellite dish though and the picture occasionally cuts out. Sky Marathon ends around 5am tomorrow with the ending of ANH.

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I let my wife pick the movie and she picked the TPM. She always goes to the PT. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I guess I'm old school. :p

22. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    I'm now viewing Empire of Dreams for 'Revenge of the 5th'. :)

Anyone else continuing their celebration?

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've stopped now. One viewing of RoTJ (yesterday} was enough for me and the rest are on too late..

24. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    I've reached the making of RotJ. Impressive documentary... not too shabby. :D

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I was traveling yesterday. Saw a picture of a flight board that had "Tatooine" right above Tulsa. I also heard that another one had "Alderaan" followed by "Cancelled" Next to it.