main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London MCM Comic Con (Friday May 23rd-Sunday May 25th 2014)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SithLordDarthRichie, Oct 7, 2013.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/

From the Excel Centre as always, the always outrageous Expo/Comic-Con comes around again. I would advise pre-booking tickets since I ended up queuing for ages last time I went on the day to get tickets.

Includes the MCM Party on Saturday night, Games Expo, Japan EX, Comic Village + Steam Punk & Cosplay stuff

Featured guests include:

Thomas Jane
    Andrew Lee Potts
    Saul Rubinek
    Kai Owen
    James Cosmo
    Ron Moody

facebook event page will go up soon

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Queues have usually dissipated by time I get to these events, so if I make it along, hopefully that will have occurred.

Thank you for putting this up

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I hauled out to ExCel (all 3 days) for CE - it's a long train/Tube/DLR ride from the Heathrow area. Since I was already at the London F&CC at Earl's Court in July this year I think I will give this a pass. At least the weather will be cooler than it was in July though!

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope to try out some new games that will be featured, and many of my friends are going in costume so I've considered it myself. I've never been to an event in costume before, I find many people these days have become too snobbish about it.

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    There is a big cosplay population at the LFCC event, so I wouldn't worry, SithLord.

I expect you can turn up in proper clothes, then change somewhere into your outfit.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, LFCC had an area at the rear of the hall for costumers. There were ladies/gents nearby if you needed privacy for changing.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The issue isn't where to change, the issue is going in costume. Cosplaying has I think become a bit cliquey these days, big costume groups like the 501st take themselves far too seriously and often make other people feel bad if they don't have costumes as accurate as they have.
    Cosplay used to be about dressing up because it was fun to be in costume, now it's about spending too much being screen accurate (and then arguing about who is most accurate) and forming clubs that make too many demands.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If you have never been to an event in costume before, how do you know all this?

Go along and have fun. Anyone says anything, tell 'em, from me, to have a Coke and a smile and to shut the **** up.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Just a reminder this starts tomorrow.

I hope those going enjoy it, and that queuing times for entry are not too long

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Did you make it along to this?

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I went on Friday for a bit.
    Lots of good costumes as always, nothing I saw worth buying though. A friend of mine collects Japanese Power Rangers figures so I tried to find some of those but had no luck.

I heard from others that the Saturday was crazy busy. Getting in is often a bit tedious with MCM events, it's much easier at Collectormania & LFCC.

I'm not that much of an anime and comics person so the Showmasters events appeal more to me. But MCM certainly has more cosplayers & can be fun with a group of people.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yoshee likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I got it for you.

14. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Already booked my ticket for the Saturday. I shall be donning the Darth Maul outfit again so the g/f is going to love having to get up early to do my make up [face_laugh]