main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [MCU - Eternals] Kiss the Cook (Gilgamesh/Thena) domestic fluff, humor

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Jan 16, 2022.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Kiss the Cook
    Author: brodiew
    Fandom: Marvel's Eternals
    Characters: Gilgamesh, Thena
    Genre: domestic fluff, humor, eventual angst, hurt/comfort.
    Note: I recently watched Marvel's Eternals, and though the film was just okay, this ship jumped off the screen and beat me over the head with a micro obsession. This thread will be where I post my drabbles and ficlets. I hope you enjoy!

Kiss the Cook

“Smells good,” Thena said, entering the kitchen. The heat of the oven and the rising sun had removed the overnight Australian chill. She removed her shawl, as thin as it was, and lay on the back of one of the dining table chairs.

“Tastes good, too,” Gilgamesh beamed, lifting a hot iron skillet from the fire and tossing the cooking egg disk into the air and catching it as it landed face down. Returning the pan to the stove, he straighten his beloved apron, which read: Kiss the Cook.

“Impressive,” Thena said, with a knowing smile. “I’ve never seen you do that before.”

“Oh, be quiet,” he answered, shooting her an amused glance.

“What’s for breakfast?” she asked, curiously gazing over the barricade between the kitchen and the dining area.”

“Nothing short of love on a plate, Milady,” he replied with a wink. “Sides of peace, affection, protection, and contentment.”

“You are hopeless,” she said, setting her elbows on the divide and cupping her face in her hands. “Any real food on that plate?”

“A cheese omelet with onions, green, red, and yellow peppers, diced sausage, and…more.”

“A favorite of mine.”

“That’s all I make if I want to avoid the wrath of the great goddess Athena,” he said, mischievously.

“Thena,” they said, simultaneously, and fell into an easy laughter.

“I feel the need to do the thing,” Thena said, practically gliding around to Gil’s side.

“The thing is always welcome,” he said turning to her and flipping the eggs with one hand.

Thena leaned in and kissed his chin, the edge of his mouth, his cheek, and his forehead. She returned to his mouth and brushed her lips against his in a fleeting kiss.

Her eyes opened, followed by his.

“Has the cook been properly kissed?” she asked, trailing her hand over his shoulder and own his arm.

Sliding the folded omelet onto a waiting plate and handing it to her, he said: “It is all the payment my services require, Milady.”

Kahara and Tarsier like this.