main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Me in my Kylo Ren suit.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by LeDave, Mar 8, 2016.

1. LeDave

LeDave Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2014
    I have the cheap Disney lightsaber at the moment, my real one with metal hilt comes in a couple of days. I am using a Black Series helmet with a suit I found online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. David Grey

David Grey Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    Hi.

I like it! nice de-saturated color and blurred out background, makes the metal stand out!

Can I have permission to put a red flame on the Saber and hilt and re-upload back to you?

I do Photoshop work for people and myself as a hobby. I have over 20 years experience in Photoshop and 15 years in VFX.

Cheers David.

Zanee likes this.
  3. iamtherebelspy

iamtherebelspy Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2016
    I dont know much about costuming and props.. but I do know this looks amazing! Both the costume itself (fabric is a perfect match) but the photos themselves are great too!!!

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I agree, looks alright, though I think you should add a cape or something floaty to bulk the profile out a bit.

The slim drokker look undermines the anonymous menace afforded by the face mask.

5. Saun Dann

Saun Dann Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2016
    Looks really nice! One of the best Kylo Ren's I've seen. Post pictures of your new saber when it arrives. Can't wait to see that.

6. Darth Nihilon

Darth Nihilon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 5, 2016
    This is wonderful! I have not yet seen this movie, but I have seen the trailers and pictures and this is very well made! The black-white pictures very much add to the emotions of the costume :)

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  7. benzata

benzata Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2015
    I would like to see the red flame, which David Grey offered to add. Otherwise - great suit and photo!

By the way, can you send me a link for the helmet? I am interested in buying one for myself :)

8. Zanee

Zanee Jedi Knight

Jul 2, 2016
    That looks awesome!
    The only thing I would change would have to do with the way the fabric drapes on the shoulders. They seemed to have done something in the movie to bulk it up a bit to make his shoulders look a teeny bit broader in some scenes. It looks like they bunched the fabric up to make it stick up more or something.
    I saved a couple pics to my Tumblr page as reference
    http://67.media.tumblr.com/e869d20d73a2e8e5c6d1eaa19a663bae/tumblr_o9qkl2Nrar1s65llgo1_1280.jpg
    http://65.media.tumblr.com/de413e81794b4c5122fe963fd8da22dc/tumblr_o9qkl2Nrar1s65llgo2_1280.jpg

I think I saw the helmet and suit for sale on Etsy somewhere, but I could be mistaken.

9. benzata

benzata Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2015
    LeDave - btw can you send me a link to your suit? The ones that I find don't look as good as yours.. :)