main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Meant To Be - an AU Luke and Mara story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Herman Snerd, Jul 8, 2000.

1. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    This is great Herman. Sorry I couldn't encourage you along until now, but I started a new job on monday and have been internetless since Sunday.

2. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    As per your usual, this last post was exceptional! Keep it up! I can't wait to see how this all develops.

3. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Oh Herman! I know you said you couldn't keep up yesterday's pace and that's alright. But we do expect a post you know!

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Dang, there's a lot of animosity towards Leia out there.

You people do know that she's supposed to be the sympatheric character??? ;)

I'll try to get a bit more out tonight. I finally got back home after a loooooooooong afternoon.

No promises though.

5. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    lemme get this straight. we're supposed to sympathize for a b*tch who's keeping Luke and Mara apart and keeping Mara's news silent???!!!

sorry, Herman, I'm not up to that task.

6. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Hmmm. I get the distinct impression you people don't care how evil Luke and Mara are as long as they end up together in the end. We'll see who wins the coin flip at the end.

Here's a bit more. I know it's a bit brief, but it sets the last piece in motion. From here on out it should be action, action, action.

Don't get too excited though, I have the most trouble writing action, so it might take a bit of time.

?I don?t understand. I?ll need more Star Destroyers to slag that Rebel base,? Grand Admiral Reische announced before the Emperor had a chance to lay out his plan.

?I don?t want the base slagged. Not yet anyway,? Luke explained. ?I?ll be going in alone two hours ahead of you so I can infiltrate the base. The Rebels have captured my Hand and I must get her out of there. When you arrive, your orders are to draw their attention by firing on their shield, but under no circumstances are you to knock it out. I just want the Rebels scared enough that they?ll launch fighters and attempt to begin an evacuation. While you have them distracted, I?ll use the confusion to rescue Mara.?

?But after you?re clear my Lord, then shall I destroy the base?? Reische asked eagerly.

Luke could tell that his Grand Admiral desperately wanted to be the one to finish off the Rebels. He?d even gone so far as to address the Emperor with the proper respect. Luke, however, knew that he still might need his sister and her Rebellion; though if they killed Mara, he?d be sorely tempted to kill them all and be done with it.

But Mara was still alive. He could feel her presence, and sent out a brief caress of reassurance. In a few hours they would be reunited. His plan must not fail.

?No, not unless I give the word. You have permission to engage any fighters that leave the surface, but let the transports go. If I?m delayed, they?ll try to take her with them. Under no circumstances are you to destroy a transport, do you understand??

?Perfectly.?

?Very well,? Luke said, satisfied that Reische wouldn?t overstep his authority. ?Don?t be late, I?m counting on you.?

7. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    good post Herman.

8. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Herman, you seem to be under the impression that we don't care if Luke's evil. I can't speak for anyone else, but I WANT Luke to evil. and he doesn't seem evil to me right now. he seems in love.
    and some evidence to support by above (last page) statement:
    "
    knew that he still might need his sister and her Rebellion;
    "
    see, he only wants leia for her rebellion and the example it shows. not b/c he wants to take her kid.

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I have this pipe dream of Luke seeing the error of his ways and returning to the light but there is about as much chance of that happening here as a snowballs chance on Tatooine.

Good luck on your action scenes, Herman. I know how hard those are to write.

10. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    YUB YUB!!! Let Luke be evil!!!

11. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Yeahhh!! I actually like Lukie evil, *grin* And Leia Vs Lukie.... Who do you *think* I'll stand behind?!! ;) Post more Herman!!!!

12. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Hey, I'm really enjoying this whole Dark Side Luke in Love storyline. It really creates quite a paradox. And, I must admit that I'm not overly eager to see him change his ways. I think a Dark Side Luke is cool.

One of the reasons I hated DE is because his turn didn't last long enough and he was never truly evil. But I'm liking this!

13. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    Hey, I like Luke evil! Sith Luke kicks a**!!

Great post as always Herman, anxiously waiting for more.

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Wait a minute...how many months have they been apart? Sorry, just confused about how far along she is in this pregnancy.

This is getting exciting!! Y'know, Leia doesn't look to be too far from the Dark Side herself. She could go ahead and turn and they'd have one of those family monarchies...or not. =)

Anxiously awaiting more!

15. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    Thank you for confirming that Leia is supposed to be a sympathetic character. All this L&M fanaticism is scaring me a little.....
    ;)

I liked the way you killed Keiv off. In profic him and Mara would have reached some sort of mutal agreement and respect for one another and lived happily ever after - albeit not with each other. But Mara isn't remotely sorry for him. I keep getting the distinct impression this story isn't going to end well for everyone.

16. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    WOW!! I loved all that motive work with Leia and Mara....and that was one heck of a surprise Mara has there! I know some of you saw that coming, but I would have never guessed!!

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh! I want to see the final battle!!

17. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Herman, this is my 500th post. Does that convince you to post????? the fact that I'm using it up here?

18. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    Thanks for clearly up the loose Wedge, Lando, and Chewie ends Herman. Now we knwo their fate as well.

This story truly is amazingly good. It has everything a story should and a little more. Keep up the great work!

19. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Herman, this is *my* 901st post!! And I am giving you the honors of having it. Liz gave you her 500th, doesn't that mean something to you?! *pouts*

20. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hey I don't know what post this is but hey. . . I'm looking for more too. . .

::big pouty anime eyes. . :: pwease?

21. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    hey My first Post was on this story.
    Herman that has to give you the want to finish it.

22. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    And in case that isn't motivation enought already, I got my first star on this story!

Herman, PLEASE post, you can't leave us in suspense like that!

23. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Yeah know what, Herman? I think they want you to post. Come to think of it, so do I

24. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Herman, I'm going to put this into english:
    If you don't post NOW, I'll charge you will attempted murder. Got that?

25. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Mmm, Herman, you'd better watch out. I think your readers are forming a mob.

Close every door, Bar all the windows....

((Nnooooooo! a "Joseph" song!! Now I'm going to have it stuck in my head all day!))

Well, I kinda do agree that you should post. =D Okay, I really agree. I really, REALLY agree....