main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Meant To Be - an AU Luke and Mara story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Herman Snerd, Jul 8, 2000.

1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Hmmm. It seems my readers want Luke to turn away from the Dark Side. I should tell you though, writing bad Luke is much more fun than writing good Luke.

But we'll have to wait and see what's going to happen. To be honest, even I'm not 100% sure how this story ends yet. I've narrowed the ending down to a few possibilities, but there's still a decision or two to be made.

2. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Another great two posts! I can envision it in my head already, and I can't wait until more. Mm...as for the Dark Luke thing--as you will :) I'll still be reading. Though maybe if Mara redeems him...no no, I won't say anything more ;-)

=jaded=

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    But good Luke is so much cute then bad Luke!!! :D (BTW awesome parts Herman!)

4. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I really like this story Herman. Keep it up.

5. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Despite the advantages of being Emperor of the entire galaxy, there were times when Luke wondered if was worth the trouble. After an interminable day of meetings with the bureaucrats and the military, Luke was wishing for a few hours to himself. In the old days he would have spent a few hours with his lightsaber, sparring against remotes to burn off the stress.

Emperor Skywalker however couldn?t afford such a luxury. His busy schedule nailed down almost every spare minute of his day. It had been this way since his father had become Emperor. Vader didn?t trust any of his subordinates to run things and insisted on either him or Luke overseeing fleet movements, troop assignments, intelligence networks, everything. Now that he was gone, it all fell on Luke?s shoulders. He had begun the necessary procedures to make the different aspects of the Empire more self-sufficient. Until the necessary leaders were put in place however, days like this would continue.

?Telin, get in here,? Emperor Skywalker growled from behind his desk.

?Yes my Lord?? Telin squeaked as he stumbled into the room.

?When you?re making out my schedule, does it ever occur to you that I might like some time to myself,? the Emperor asked dangerously.

?Of course my Emperor, but this was the best I could do. There?s just too much that requires your personal attention. I realize the schedule is imposing, but please consider that the list of people I turn away is at least five times longer than the list of people who are allowed into your presence.?

?Well there?s got to be a better way. When do I meet with my Grand Admirals??

?In three days my Lord,? Telin answered quickly, grateful that he had just been going over the planning for the meeting.

?Good. I think I?ll give them back control of the fleet movements. I know they?re going to ask for it anyway. They?ve been moping about it since my father took it away.?

?An excellent decision my Lord.?

?Don?t patronize me Telin,? the Emperor snarled. ?I won?t stand for it. I?m going to my quarters early tonight. Tomorrow morning I want to see the evaluation reports of all the command officers in the intelligence section. It?s about time they pulled their own weight too.?

6. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    oh, please keep Luke a dark sider! I love this story line!

7. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    This is too easy, Mara thought as she crawled through the cramped access corridor. The oppressive heat from the steam pipes was causing sweat to constantly pour into her eyes while dust and grime coated her borrowed clothing, but she couldn?t shake the feeling that breaking into the Imperial Palace was way too easy. Perhaps it was merely the result of an overly suspicious mind, but Mara believed her luck couldn?t last

The cleaning uniform she had used to gain entrance to the palace was now just another rag at the bottom of the refuse pile. Mara was now wearing a pair of coveralls borrowed from the locker of one of the maintenance workers. Accessing a maintenance hatch, she had climbed up and down ladders and pipes until she was on the same level as the Emperor?s bedroom; at least the level where Emperor Palpatine had slept. She was now crawling on her stomach through an inspection tunnel designed to be used by droids, dragging a small bag behind her at the end of a length of cord; a bag containing the tools she would need to complete her mission as well as a change of clothes. During a brief stopover on Ord Mantell, Mara managed to steal enough credits to purchase a skin-suit.

Similar to a flight suit, a skin-suit fits the wearer like a second skin, hence the name. There were no loose ends to catch on anything, and the skin-suit was flexible enough to allow the wearer his or her full range of motion. When Mara finally made her move she didn?t want something as stupid as a loose sleeve caught on a sharp edge slowing her down, and given her intended quarry, she knew she would need to be agile and unrestricted.

Squeezing around a bend in the droid access tunnel, Mara finally entered the home stretch. At the end of this tunnel she would be able to cut her way into the ventilation system. From there she would prepare herself for the arrival of the new Emperor.

Keeping his promise to turn in early, Emperor Skywalker had a late dinner delivered to his private office so he could eat while he perused the last reports of the day. The report was nothing solid, just rumors of a possible Rebel presence on Circarpous IV. Deciding there was nothing to do about it now, Luke filed the report away. When he decided upon a new leader for the Intelligence Network, he would have all bothersome reports sent in from the Outer Rim delivered there. Rubbing the weariness from his eyes, Luke rose from his desk and left his office.

In the corridor, he excused his personal guard and walked alone to his personal quarters. It?s not as if the guards would be much help if somebody tried to attack him. More likely than not they would just get in the way. That was the one advantage of being a Sith; you didn?t have to depend on others for your personal security.

It was a distracted Luke Skywalker who entered his sleeping chambers. It had been two days since Han had been released and there was still no word on his whereabouts. It was possible that the Rebels were unable to find the tracking bug. Until they found it, it was unlikely Han would land anywhere. It had never taken this long for them to find the tracer, and Luke was beginning to wonder if he would be forced to punish Telin for his carelessness.

Luke had just removed his shirt when he noticed something didn?t seem right. The ventilation and air purification systems usually removed all odors from the air, but now that he was aware of it, he knew there was something wrong. Stretching out with the Force, his senses suddenly screamed danger.

In one fluid motion, Luke spun and activated his lightsaber. Its crimson glow lit up the dark room, allowing Luke to see the blur that was falling on him from above. Now fully aware and using his senses to their fullest, he needed only a fraction of a second to recognize the person diving at him. Luke deactivated his lightsaber and prepared to meet his attacker barehanded, but he didn?t have enough time. He had not yet gotten his feet set when the redheaded missile plowed into him. Before he could catch his breath, the ne

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Don't leave us hanging long. More please! More!
    This is good. More, more, more.
    And shall I say More again.

Okay, I think you get the point.

9. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Oh, this is getting very exciting! Thanks for the two posts, too, Herman. Another great job. I got my popcorn and my soda--I'm staying tuned. So what happens next?

=jaded=

10. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ahh, I hate cliff hangers! Ahh! But will Han be relesed from carbonite? Oh! Wrong cliff hanger. :D

11. Stranger in Paradise

Stranger in Paradise Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    Bad Herman! Bad, bad Herman! Ddin't your mother teach you it's not nice to leave people hanging? You should be ashamed of yourself! ;~) Other than that GREAT POSTS! Post more soon please! :~)

12. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    Ooo, Mara's gonna kick some sith booty!
    Keep goin!!!

13. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Hey, thanks a lot for the kind words everybody.

And I promise (barring some sort of freak accident) to get the continuation out later today. I won't leave ya hanging for too long.

14. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    *swings herself up, dusts herself off, then stares down the cliff*
    That's some cliff hanger.
    *slips and starts to grab for the ledge*
    HELP!!!!

15. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    *swings herself up, dusts herself off, then stares down the cliff*
    That's some cliff hanger.
    *slips and starts to grab for the ledge*
    HELP!!!!

16. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    lol liz skywalker

17. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Sorry for the shortness of this post. It's just that the next section was too long to tack onto this one, and as you can see, the perfect opportunity to break away from this scene presented itself.

?Hello Mara. It?s been a long time,? Luke said carefully. One small twitch would be all that it would take to plunge the razor sharp blade deep into his neck, severing nerves and arteries as it sliced its way to his spine.

?Too long. I?ve had to wait a long time for this,? Mara said with glee, allowing herself a moment of satisfaction. One moment too many.

In that moment, Luke was able to grab the knife, not with his free hand, but with the Force. Ripping it from her grasp he sent it flying into the nearest wall, where it was buried up to the hilt. Using his free hand he knocked Mara off balance and rolled over until he was now on top of her. Before Mara could pull any more tricks out of her sleeve, Luke grabbed both of her arms at the wrist and pinned them to the floor just above her head. Now it was the Emperor who smiled while Mara struggled to free herself. It took only a few moments before she realized she was entirely at the mercy of the man above her.

?So what happens now?? Mara asked. Her tone of voice did not express defeat, but rather excitement.

?Oh, I?m sure I can think of something,? the Emperor responded with a grin. Suddenly Luke leaned down and kissed Mara firmly, a kiss that Mara feverishly returned. As soon as her hands were freed, she immediately had them around Luke, massaging his broad shoulders and running them through his think hair. It was several minutes before either of them regained their composure enough to speak.

?I?ve dreamt about this every night for eight years,? Mara exclaimed breathlessly. ?When I wasn?t dreaming of revenge against your father that is.?

?That?s all in the past,? Luke said with a twinge of sadness. It had been a shame that the two people he loved most hadn?t been able to get along. ?We have the rest of our lives to make up for lost time.?

?Maybe, but we shouldn?t waste a moment of it,? Mara said seriously as she regained her feet and led Luke to the waiting bed.

18. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    I am loving every word of this!

(especially the last post, heheh i love romance. keep it coming!)

19. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Loving it...but why would Mara need to sneak in then?

20. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Patience young Skywalker.

The answer to that will soon be revealed.

21. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Come now Mara, Knives arn't fun things to have around, no need to bring one with you when you come to see your boyfeind, but then if you actually like that sort of thing then oh well.

lovin it herman!!!

22. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Great! More! But Mara going from killing him to kissing him? Hmm, intresting this is, yes.

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I knew it, they are....uh, secret lovers?

Continue this story, but I hope you keep it PG....

24. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wait...a...second...

Did I miss something here?

Anyway, awesome story, Herman! You are writing it wonderfully! Hm, I haven't seen a good Dark Luke story for awhile~this'll be a nice change. =)

25. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I love it Herman, OoOOo the romance is great! Idd I mention I loved it?