main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Meant To Be - an AU Luke and Mara story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Herman Snerd, Jul 8, 2000.

1. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Great addition!

You write Mara so well. I can totally imagine her being unsatisfied with sitting in Coruscant the rest of her life.

Looking forward to more!

2. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Post more!!!

O
    P

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Once again, thanks everybody for all the kind words and encouragement. It means a lot. I'm glad to hear you all like how I'm writing Mara. I admit at the beginning I liked the Dark Luke better. It was fun writing him as a young Vader but since Mara returned, she's been running the show. I've almost got the transition to this story finished and hopefully I can get back on my writing streak again.

?I didn?t think I?d be seeing you again so soon,? Admiral Larson Hanlover said as he welcomed his visitor into his office.

?This isn?t a social call,? Mara Jade returned in lieu of a greeting. ?I?ve been out of the loop for a long time now and I need to know what?s going on in the Empire. I presume you can help me.?

?Just let me know what you need.?

?Let?s start with information on the state of the Rebel Alliance. How is it functioning??

?In a word, poorly,? Larson stated matter-of-factly. ?There are only a few scattered cells left, and none of them have any capital ships. The only group of Rebels that is even marginally organized is the one led by Princess Leia Organa, a member of the Royal Family of the former planet of Alderaan. Here is all the information we have on her.?

?This is quite a list,? Mara said as she glanced at the datapad. ?Bases of operation, supporters, number of followers; this is more than we ever knew about the Rebels in the old days. Why hasn?t she been eliminated??

?I couldn?t tell you,? Larson confessed. ?Three years ago when I was only a Section Chief, I recruited two spies within this same organization. For eight months I passed information along to my superiors, but nothing was ever done. Then one day I was ordered to remove my assets from Leia Organa?s organization without any explanation. I assumed I was getting my people out of the way before the military slagged the base, but as you can see, these same Rebels are still around today.?

?It wasn?t like Vader to ignore an enemy. Believe me I know,? Mara said with assurance. ?It doesn?t make any sense. Why was this single organization allowed to operate with impunity??

?If I had to guess,? Larson offered, ?I would say it has something to do with this Princess Leia. After the victory at Endor, she was the only high ranking Rebel leader granted a pardon. Hardly a fitting punishment for the woman responsible for the destruction of the first Death Star and the death of Grand Moff Tarkin.?

?Thanks for your help Admiral Hanlover,? Mara said sincerely. ?You?ve given me something to think about, and I know just the person to ask for the answers. Oh, and in the future I?ll need my own access code into all your files. See that someone takes care of it.?

4. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    uh oh, Luke's gonna get it. Reminds me of that joke about a group of men who are at St. Peter's Gate. St. Peter says that men who were dominated by their wives should stand in one line, and men who dominated theri wives stand in another line. All the men went to the first line, except for one of them. When St. Peter asked him why, he said that was were his wife had told him to stand.

I've always liked that joke, but now that I think of it, it doesn't really apply to this. Oh well.

5. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Oh this is getting GOOD!

I hope Mara understands. I really like how you gave Luke emotions for his sister still.

This is kind of like a soap opera. I love it!

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This has been yet another masterful post by Herman Snerd!! I LOVE the fact that Lukie still has feelings for Han and Leia, that's so like him! I still like Lukie on the lightside.... :D But Dark Lukie is good too, when you write it Herman. Now, post more!! And climb over your writers block!

7. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I just thought of an interesting plot twist. ooohhh that would be interesting.. ..

Mara=rebel spy

hmmmmmmmmm

oh well do what you think best herman

cant wait for more

8. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Spy? Could idea! I never thought of that? Hmmm....

9. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    yeah, but if mara was a spy, wouldn't Luke've felt it? I mean, a force-user can sense deception.

10. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    heheh, i didn't know my idea held weight, No, Luke might not have felt it, remember Mara's walls?

11. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    yeah. forgot about her walls. but if it's really been so long since she used the force then she'd be out of practice. and don't tell me Luke wouldn't have felt her using the force. in the galaxy with only three force users, I'm sure they would feel each other. I mean, Vader and Palpy felt Luke, but they just couldn't pinpoint him.

12. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I don't think Mara is a Rebel Spy. Luke would know.

Oh BTW this story kicks major butt :D :D

-JWK

13. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I don't think she's a Rebel spy either.

14. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Well, Herman, it's your story. :)

15. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    Hey I'm aloud my speculation

16. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    ?So what I need to know is: Why is Leia Organa?s Rebel cell allowed to continue?? Mara asked slowly, carefully enunciating each word. Not because she worried about being misunderstood, but because she knew intimidation would be the best method to shake the answer loose.

?I?m not qualified to answer such a question,? Telin squeaked as he squirmed in the chair where Mara had roughly seated him.

?Don?t lie to me Telin,? Mara warned as she leaned forward to look the Emperor?s chief aide directly in the eyes. ?You have served Skywalker for nearly a decade and spend more time with him than anyone else. He talks about sensitive subjects as if you aren?t even in the room. Surely in all this time you?ve overheard something.?

?No,? Telin confessed. ?I?ve never even heard him mention her name let alone discuss her or her Rebel organization with anyone. It?s as if to him she doesn?t exist.?

?Well he may not talk about her, but he?s perfectly aware she exists,? Mara explained. ?During his Rebel days he rescued her from the original Death Star before he destroyed it. He was a member of her cell for years before switching sides to join the winning team.?

?Perhaps that is why he ignores her treason,? Telin guessed. ?During that time they likely became friends, and he might not wish to destroy a former friend.?

Suddenly an unwanted thought crept into Mara?s mind. What if Princess Leia Organa was more than just an old friend to her Luke? Could his generosity towards Leia be the only surviving remnants of an undying love, a love he had kept hidden from Mara?

?It?s possible,? Mara barely whispered, though even she didn?t know if her remark was an answer to Telin?s speculation or to her own dark suspicions.

?After all there is a precedent,? Telin continued, not noticing that Mara was no longer paying any attention to him.

?What?s that?? Mara asked as her mind snapped back into focus.

?There is a precedent. A smuggler named Han Solo, who was once a friend of the Emperor, has been captured several times while trying to smuggle weapons to the Rebels. He is always brought here, meets with the Emperor, and is released.?

?Interesting,? Mara said to herself. Sympathy was never a trait she had noticed in Luke. Tolerance yes, but not sympathy.

?So the Emperor just lets him go??

?Basically. We do attach a homing beacon to his ship, but??

?But what Telin? Don?t make me remind you what I?m capable of doing to you.?

?But he orders me to have the techs place the beacon where the Rebels will be able to find it,? Telin blurted out. There was no doubt in his mind that this woman was capable of inflicting a wide range of pain upon him if he refused to answer her question. This caused his words to run over top of one another and it took Mara a few moments to decipher what he had said.

?So he wants to make it seem like he?s using his old friend to try to find the Rebels,? Mara surmised. The only question that remained was what purpose Skywalker served by engaging in all this subterfuge.

17. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, o_O

18. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    This truly is the best fanfic story I have ever read in the forums. It is excellant, pure and simple. Keep up the outstanding work Herman. I look forward to this story's further development.

19. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OOOoOOOOOOOOOoOO this is getting even better Hermy!!!! :D :D Now, post more, make a Lune happy. ;) :D

20. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    Back to the first page.

21. JWK

Jul 18, 2000
    Awsome story Herman :D
    (Waves his hand) "You will post more soon"

-JWK

22. Stranger in Paradise

Stranger in Paradise Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    "Mara, I can't kill her she's my sister!"
    I think I might crack up if I read that line! And the scary part would be I wouldn't know why I was laughing! Great work so far, Herman! I can't wait till your next post. :~)

23. JWK

Jul 18, 2000
    I would love the line too, but I think it may be more around the line to "Soon she and her kids (if they're born yet) will she me just as you are"

TOPS
    O
    P
    S
    -JWK

24. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Intrigue within intrigue within intrigue? My, this is getting interesting. I really like the idea that Luke still doesn't want to betray his friends. And that he doesn't want to be embarrassed. =)

In this timeline, when did Luke turn? At Cloud City or at Endor? Because if it was at Bespin, he'll have a couple more nasty surprises heading toward him... (or do I just need to reread this story? Hmm, not a bad prospect...)

This is really interesting, Herman. Oh, and I did notice "Han-lover" right away. Kind of twisted, since it's a guy... :p

25. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    I just logged on, and there's a post waiting for me!!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps up with glee* NEW POST!! NEW POST!!!

uh...hi.