main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet-Ups: Ideas?

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by JunoirVader, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    JV, clam down. Being your bro means I know why and realy, its more important that starfest. even if you can get 21 autos for £3. Speaking of which, can anyone get me Biggs Darklighters Auto? :D

2. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    Right, does anyone live in Essex here? If so, please PM me, saying whereabouts in Essex you live, as I'd like one of you guys to get me the auto's I was gonna get. It is quite a few, but I would be so grateful if you could. I'll give you the £3/4 that it would cost me to get in. If anyone can do this, please PM me right away, as I would be so grateful to you.

3. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    :eek: Essex isn't in London! Blashphemers! BURN THEM!!!!! :eek: [face_devil]

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes Raj, I'm afarid some parts of Essex are London suburbs ;) Shocking, isn't it, lol.

Okay, I have a vague meet idea. There's currently a Doctor Who exhibition taking place in Brighton, on the pier. It continues through-out the summer and me and darth-dom (Ant) are thinking of going. Would anyone else be interested in going?? It's not exactly in London but Brighton is easy to reach by car and/or train. Something to consider perhaps, although we may have to be quick ;)

I will be at C8 but will only be able to meet-up in the evenings, which may not suit people. And even then I'm not 100% sure yet, but I will be there!!

Starfest does also sound good, so that's another consideration :D

5. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    LT - the Who exhibition is great - I wont spoil it for you, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Almost forgot it was there (typical - stuff in your own town and you take it for granted...), but we went shopping in Brighton one day, saw the sign and said it was 'a must'!

Also worth going to see while you are there is the Sand Sculpture festival, over by Brighton Marina. Not sure how long it will be there for (depends when you go), but the Egyptian theme is awesome and the craft tht went into it beyond belief.

If you want pics PM me and I will mail you some.

As I am leaving the area on Sep 3 it is a shame I wont likely be able to join you, but you will enjoy anyway I am certain. :)

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks for the recommendations edge. I guess the Who exhibition is a MUST Do thing for us ;)
    How big is it?? I got the impression it would be quite small because the pier isn't that big.

I have no idea when we plan to go, Ant mentioned it last week and it sounded good to me. But we shall keep everyone informed if they're also interested.

7. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ....if you know Brighton Pier vaguely, the exhibition takes up the end of the Pier's indoor area where there used to be a large gaming hall, with machines, small cafe and other things. Yes, space wise it is not huge, but the content is well laid out, imaginitive, well thought out and packed. Yes, if you walk fast I am sure you could get round it in under five mins, but we took it slowly and looked at everything in detail. Took us about an hour (but I took loads of pics and fell in love with - sorry - gotta tell you - the Dalek section!!!!! Awesome!)

Its £6 to get in, programme (worth getting) is £3.

I have always like Dr Who since being a kid (behind the couch of course), but the new version has returned me to it. I loved the last series - shame Chris E has now left - dont think the new man will be as good personally.:_|

8. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    that really made my morning lol

9. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    I know, Essex is full of chavs, but at least me and Ell aren't part of them. Get the piss taken outta us alot for it, and sometimes beaten up, but we stand for what we believe in! british flag appears behind us, and some heroic music plays ;)

10. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Brighton sounds like it could be fun - especially if the weather stays good!

11. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I went to Brighton when I went to visit my cousin who lives in London ( now lives up north in teh same town as myself.. got sick o#to death of London ;P) however, brighton is a lovely place with loads to do.

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    When has the weather actually been good though Raj? :p
    But Brighton would make a great place for a meet if the weather is nice and sunny. I will speak to Ant about it, but it is very likely to take place during the weekend. Oh, and Ant (darth-dom) is the guy responsible for your Icon Raj, although I did the lettering for it ;)

Once again thanks for the info Edge. I've been to Brighton many times so I know where the exhibition is, and that means it's bigger then I expected so that's good :D
    Brighton is a nice town, definitely for young people and Nick Gillard comes from there, so a Star Wars connection for us!! **whispers** I've even heard that Hayden wants to move there **whispers** ;)

Okay, another idea I had. Me and Ant went to the brilliant European Fan Force meet in Stockholm last week and had a great time. One thing we did was quaser (laser game). It had been years since I last played it, and it reminded me how much fun it is. I have no idea if there are any quasers in or around London, but to get a big group of us for that would be great. Or maybe I just want to be a kid again? :p

13. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    Aha, Quasar! Now that'd be a brilliant idea! Only problem would be where it would take place. There is one nearish me, but I don't think that's near anyone else. We'd need to find a place for it that everyone can get to. Anyone else think that'd be a good idea?

14. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    There's a Quasar in Archway, but that is the only one I know of

15. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    The one I know of I think is in Epping. Although, another one has opened, I'll find out where that is when I can.

16. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Quasar would be fun in costume! Theres also one in a forest somewhere, that would be fun in costume, renact The endor battle!

17. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    I've done a forest one before. It was really cool, because of all of the fallen trees to camp or hide in. We also climbed up trees, so people couldn't see us. Anyone know of one?

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks for the info and tips guys :D

Okay, done a bit of research. The Quasar brand is my least favourite game type. With Quasar, you have two teams and the aim is to hit the base of the opposing team. Personally, I find that type of game a lot less fun.
    The Laser Quest brand is much better. With Laser Quest, you give yourself a name, join a team and run around shooting the other team. At the end of the game, you each get a score card and the team with the most points wins. It's much simpler and more fun!!
    The Laser Quest website is here: Laser Quest

The nearest one I can see (in relation to C.London) is Kingston. They also do the forest one, but that's up in Manchester I believe (for Raj, Manchester is beyond the M-25, North-West of England where the sun hardly shines and it rains a lot ;) ).

Any thoughts or reactions???
    And if we do a meet, then it's likely to take place during the eveing or on a weekend.

19. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Laser Quest and Doctor Who exhibition - both sound great! I'm really looking forward to getting down to the Doctor Who exhibition, as I've been hearing about it for months, and the series is brilliant! :D

It would be nice to do a laser game in a novelty setting, like woods or something, but I've only ever been to the normal dark / neon / black walls version.

20. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    Ah, now that is wrong. In Quasar, yes, it does have two teams, and you can hit the base...BUT this is not all. In Quasar, you get your packs and guns, go in to your base, and then fight your way into the other base to hit the base (alien). To fight your way in, you must take out the opposing team players first. Each enemy you hit grants you points. You can get past them when they either run out of bullets, or you've shot them. Shooting the base gets you a larger amount of points each time, but it is not the only objective.
    Your exact words: At the end of the game, you each get a score card and the team with the most points wins.
    This is the same with Quasar. It is basically the same as Laser Quest, except there is a base, and shooting the enemies base gets you more points.

21. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks JV, I should have gone into more detail with my Quasar definiton, but the jist of it was that I think the home base concept is a lot less fun. Quasar is a much more tactful concept, and having to defend a base means having to leave one or two people behind which is a bit boring and unfair. Laser Quest is much more gun-ho and mindless fun ;)
    That?s why I think it?s the better option of the two.

22. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    Well, having a base does sometimes give you an advantage, seeing as you're higher up, and can see down stairs and stuff. But I like ctactical approaches to stuff, so that's why I like it.

23. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Essex

Ok cool
    Could we all meet up Under clock (assuming there is one) at Water loo station ?

24. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I don't think things have been finalised. Also depending on where it is, it might not be practical to meet there :)

25. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey people - apologies for absence - I'm having a few extra-curricular problems at the mo! [face_worried] :p

So seems like the quasar's have it - excellent [face_devil]

Lord-Tice - seeing as it was your inspired idea, give us a venue and a time and we'll start the negotiations from there :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.