main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Meeting 1/11/06

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by xxCkinnexx, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxCkinnexx

xxCkinnexx Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Hey everyone,

I think that the meeting was very interesting tonight. I had to skip out early but I am looking forward to the next meeting and the Saga Weekend.

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I am bummed and sorry that I missed the meeting. I have been sick since yesterday morning, darn the luck. I am glad we had such a strong turnout tonight and a special welcome to all the new members. I hope to see all of you on the 25th. talk soon

3. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    I was a little surprised by the number of people that attended, to be honest. I was really thinking "look, all these people showed up,,,,,,,, that I don't even know" . :p

4. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Meeting and turnout were excellent.

Far better than I expected, though for some of the newer members - planning meetings are very boring, even for Star Wars nuts like us.

I posted minutes of the meeting and all the questions and decisions we arrived at to pacervader.

We have one more scheduled meeting right before the Saga Weekend at Ryans on Wednesday the 25th at 6:30. This will be a very important meeting to make sure all the bases and activities are covered, and so that we know who is handling what responsiblity.

Depending on how the library is able to handle the response to the weekend thusfar - we are already very near capacity. So if you wish to join the Fanforce for the Saga Weekend, please contact the Library and register soon! Hopefully the library can make some extra room if needed.

We also want to stress that while we are hosting the weekend, we are also going to be raising funds for our local Charity: Martha's Vineyard. We are asking for canned food or monetary donations to be made at the Saga Weekend for one of the hardest working people I have ever met - who serves the local community without any pay by cooking and providing meals for everyone from the elderly to the Red Cross.

I am planning on sending out several press releases to local media outlets about the weekend and our charity fund drive.

For me this is extra sweet - because I was in the process of planning our Episode III Line Party in May into a fundraiser for Martha's Vineyard - and the corporate lawyers for the theater chain shut me down two weeks before the premiere - so the fact that local Star Wars fans will actually be able to help serve this local charity at a Saga event is absolutely perfect! I know when Martha was told of the plan to raise funds and food for her pantry and kitchen back in May, she just about burst into tears - and I was heartbroken we could not use the event to help out. - How totally fitting that another opportunity has come up for Star Wars fans to let the Force shine!

What a great weekend January 28 & 29 are going to be. Let's just pray for good weather.

5. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    I saw the notice in yesterday's Paducah Sun (1/11/06) and our name was not mentioned anywhere in the announcement. So with any future releases we are affiliated with I think we need to "pimp" our name out as much as possible almost to the point of people just getting tired of hearing it.

Great meeting last night and I really enjoyed freezing my wahzoo off outside afterward after the meeting and just talking, it is really great to share your passion with other people who share the passion as much as you do!

See you all on the 25th!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.