main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Meeting for Dinner on 13th May before Movie Preview

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hi guys, I and lukedecop went to collect our tickets for the 13th May Preview, and we happened to have seats next to each other! Is that coincidence or what? :D

Anyway, we were thinking of having dinner before the movie, and we wanted everyone here to go for dinner if u can, regardless of whether u are watching the Preview or not. :)

I and him propose 5:30pm at the Cathay Cineleisure FoodCourt in the basement (the movie starts at 6:30pm). We really would like everyone to come, even those who didn't manage to get tix, just come and have a fine time chatting and dining! :D

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    No problem for me! :) But I've to see what seat I gotten tomorrow when I get the ticket.

So what seats did everyone gets? Maybe on the day itself, we can try to exchange tickets with others so we all can seat together or nearby to one another. Want me to bring extra lightsabers?

3. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha oh ya, DE reminded me that although some of us won't be wearing costumes on the night (like me and luke), we'll be bringing our electronic lightsabers in case of an intergalactic battle haha! :D

Btw, Me and Luke got N6 and N7

4. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    ya everybody just bring your electronic lightsabers and lets light up the theatre. :)

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    *DE raise her Vader Lightsaber and prepare to strike at the Jedis*

Mini Maul: Hey! You are going to be Padme Amidala, not Darth Prion!!
    *Mini Maul started shooting at his mistress with his little Battle Droid Blaster Rifle*

:D :D

6. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Can't make it, sorry. [face_plain]
    Dinner time = 5 mins, eat then back to work... :p

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Anymore want to go? So far only got 3 ppl..the more the merrier! ;)

JediClare and Nob - I know u don't have tics but just come and have dinner? It'd be fun

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'd love to...but I'm waiting for the right time to ask permission. ;) I'll let you know. :)

9. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    :_| Cannot go...

Let me know what went on, yah? :p

I hate being 14.

10. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    At last, I will reveal myself to the Jedi!

I'll go for the dinner... can bring my gf along too? :)

But not confirm yet,... coz I may have to make a trip to NTU on Mon for some stupid interview reg this double degree thingy... may not be able to make it on time for the makan...

11. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    No problem.. I'll be going... since,

I'VE GOTTEN A TIX FOR EPISODE 2 ON THE 13TH!!HAHAHAHA!!

:D :D :) Man... I'm juz SO happy...

All thanks to my connections... :D

Will u guys be dressing up for the movie? Will I be the only one not dressing up??

12. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Congrats on getting a ticket, Nod! :) :p

Now, does anyone have a ticket or two to spare for poor ol' wittle me...? :D

:(

13. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    I'm sure u'll get a tix Clare.. have faith in Jazz and gang.. probably they'll get u a tix from Herren.. :)

14. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    But the problem is whether tix are actually being given out...

There is no emotion; there is peace.
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    There is no passion; there is serenity.
    There is no death; there is the Force.

::Wonders how the last line applies to me right now:: :p

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I think we can drag you in too, JediClare. Now up to the bearer of the extra ticket to pass it to you. ;)

16. korben

korben Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    I've got the tix as well. E23. Guess is some corner. Orchard 5. Shucks! Not THX certified.

So DE and JaZzYjaZZ, may finally get to see you in person.

My work ends at 6pm. So most likely unable to join you all for dinner.

James.

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    James!!! You were in TODAY too! :) Congrates! Is the $500 lightsaber you have the Plasma or better lightsaber?

Okay, for Monday, I got Theater 5 (opps! not 8 it seems) and seat Q20. Anyone nearby to me?

Will try to wear my FULL Imperial Royal Guard Costume, helmet still unpainted. Pardon me that day if I keep tripping over my inner robe. :p

18. korben

korben Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks. :) The lightsaber uses electro-luminescent lamp (the same technology used for the blue backlight in casio watches).

Wow. You are appearing in multiple costumes!
    Guess I will be able to spot you easily?

James.

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh. That's you? Okay. :p

No wonder...I was wondering why a lightsabre cost $500. Heheh...but I don't think you'll be doing much sparring with that, right? :p

20. korben

korben Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    Heheh. Looks awful rite?

As a matter of fact. The blade is made of strong plastic, it can withstand some impact. So I can do sparring with it if I want too. :)

The price is due to the handle which is made of T6061 aluminium. The same material used in most Mountain Bike frames.

James.

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Actually, there are many costumes on my window and in the wardrobe with labels that says "to be completed" or "to find the belt". :p

I only got my NJO Jedi Knight fully completed. The rest still need a bit of working here and there, even the Padme White Suit I'm wearing now. And I wish I can complete my Sith Altergo Costume which resembled Darth Maul with adjustment intensinally done or not. :(

22. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    James - No, it's not awful. Looks quite nice, imho. :) Actually, I was thinking that a $500 lightsabre would be too precious to spar with, not that it can't withstand a lot of impact. :)

DE - Look on the brighter side of things. Three years later, many of your costumes will be completed and you'll have a hard time deciding on which to wear. So less choices would give you less headaches. ;)

23. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    de - "Now up to the bearer of the extra ticket to pass it to you." u refer to the prophecy of the one who holds the extra tick? u believe it to be...me? :p hehehe...

yes. i have jus ONE ticket to give away... highest bidder wins! hahaha...kiddin :p tink its most likely reserved for jediclare now that she is the only one without a ticket... unless she can't make it, then it will be first come first serve :p by the way, this ticket cost me 440000 credits :p its D10.

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha, that's great, then just about everyone can go..me, DE, Luke, DarthSyn, James, JediClare, Bobafett and Nod.

Sorry to have not won those free tix given out at the Heeren. (I really tried very hard, cos I knew all the answers :D)

So, I think we're still on for the dinner at 5:30. I think we should meet at the postcard area on the basement floor. Any objections? So far got me, DE, Luke, Bobafett and Ms Bobafett. More are welcome! JediClare - How about you? Since u have a tic now

25. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Bangs head on keyboard in frustration::

;lkajdsjdhfvnvfnvan ararll hagal r agrarwafa

Still pending approval.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.