main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    I vote for June 27th, because I do not have a class. June 20th is already filled up unless we are talking later than 5PM... B&N I would assume is short for books and coffee store? [face_alien_1]

2. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Yup, Barnes and Noble. I am having an upper GI scope the day before but should be fine for the the 27th. Time? Afternoonish, like 3 or 4? Ideas, please. :) After the crap they will give me to sleep for the scope I will need to sleep in on Saturday!

And my friend Sandy, who is not yet a part of this forum but is a SW fan, would like to join us. Is that cool? (I have been trying to get her to join up for ages now!)

3. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I like 3 or 4PM very much. Anything after Noon would be wonderful. While I do not have to sleep in, I like it when I can. I hope we are all in agreement that anyone is welcomed. The more the merrier! That was kind of the problem before.

Which Barnes and Nobles? Nashville, Franklin, Murfreesboro???

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm open to whoever wants to come coming.

as to the 27th i think that'll work pretty good for me, as does sometime between 3-4.

:snoopy

5. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I live 5 miles from the one in the Boro and my friend works there, but Franklin worked well as a central location last time, unless anyone wants to venture to my neck of the woods. Sorry, I don't think Bev can give us discounts at the Cafe, even though she is a lead. ;) I do think the one in the Boro has some nice sitting areas scattered throughout the store, but the one in Franklin also should.

But all of you are in Nashville or Cool Springs, right? It would be more fair to just do Cool Springs (Franklin) again, IMHO.

Are there any of you who have NOT seen Fanboys? I know Michael has, we were there...they were a little short for Stormtroopers, weren't they? You met Sandy there Michael. The blonde girl that was with us. I have Fanboys on DVD. I just want to make sure if we talk about it, nobody gets spoiled. So go see it so we can talk about it. :D

6. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Technically, I am in Fairview. However, Franklin is conveniently between Fairview and Murfreesboro. Cool Springs works well for me, but I am opened to the occasional trip to the Boro here and there. Bellevue is good too, but from Murfreesboro, it's a longer trip.

The Carmike that showed Fanboys normally is pretty good. Most of he good movies show there instead of the Regal 12. It was kind of funny....Neanderthal Stormtroopers???

7. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I will never forget that movie experience, and neither will the 2 movie theater employees who watched the first 15 minutes of the movie with us.

But, wow, nice having the theater to ourselves. The tornado and storms that day did not help. Murfreesboro had a tornado that day, the one before the Good Friday one that killed the Bryants. (And Sandy lives a block from where their home once stood.) Sad.

8. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Yea! I'm in for meeting June 27. Haven't seen fanboys, but talk away, Hope to see it before then tho. The more the merrier!
    Going to Vegas Wed AM through Sat, sans kids. Yippee.
    Will be chkg the boards as soon as we get back. Can't wait to see you all again.
    JocastaNu3

9. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Have fun in "Lost Wages". LOL!!! And yeah, Fanboys is a movie I can watch over and over. I love it. It is a road trip movie and I love road trips and they do things in the movie that I would just love to get by with sometimes. Like showing some fresh ham (I think that is what Hutch called it) to someone. Or "outrunning some Imperial Bacon." I think Hutch has a thing for pork. LOL!!!

10. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I liked the SW vs ST hand-to-hand combat. That was great!!!

11. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    "Time out! Time out!"

"KAAAAHHHNNNN!!!!!"

I think that Eric's intervention was quite helpful. I mean Windows was getting the crap pounded out of him and, well, poor Spock. Mike Tyson would be so proud.

I particularly liked Carrie Fisher's scenes. She was such a great sport. She acted like she did not know what they were talking about when they mentioned "Star Wars" to her. "Star...Wars?" And Linus looked so happy after he kissed her. I think Chris Marquette was thinking, "OMGoodness I just kissed Princess Leia!" And in our version we saw together, you could barely hear the dialog, but Linus said, "I love you." and she said, "I know" as he was whisked away by the others. <---peak at your own risk if you have not seen it. I would suggest you see the movie and not peak.

Do we have a Fanboys thread? We need to start one if we don't. So that nobody gets spoiled. LOL! I meaqn did you notice that during Harry Knowles's scene, the van's paintjob was not finished? The Aurebesh lettering was white instead of red. And the Pez Dispenser that Linus was eating from when he was in bed in his room, the Palp one, was actually not made until after 1998. At least that is what I read. There are a lot of funny things like that. AND the movie was not named "The Phantom Menace" in 1998. It was "The Beginning" or something like that.

Oh and the van says "FANBOYS" in mirrored Aurebesh. I just figured it out. I am a nerd. At least the passenger door is a mirror image. Nice touch, Hutch. I was trying to figure it out while watching but could not because it was backwards. It KILLED me.

The Van:
    http://www.wired.com/images/article/magazine/1604/ff_fanboy_ss3_f.jpg

Aurebesh
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/cc/Aurebesh-GMSR.png

12. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I don't think there is a Fanboys post yet. We could start a new "Movies" and TV post...

13. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Survived the trip to Vegas, very awesome! Everyone should do Vegas, at least once, it's got something for everyone.
    So what's the plan? Sat meeting? when, where, how?
    thanks,
    JocastaNu3

14. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Last I was aware:
    3 or 4 PM
    B&N (Cool Springs or Boro)
    June 27th...

15. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I have been to Vegas...in the airport. And there were slot machines there too. I am glad you had a good time L. I do not like to gamble... I mean my mom takes me every once in a while, but I never have fun. But Dan told me that the food is cheap and good and the drinks are free. :D

Yeah, we decided the 27th definitely but are unsure of a time and place. I think either are fine. Cool Springs is not in my back door like the Murfreesboro Barnes @ Noble, but it is not a problem for us to travel there. And we are bringing our friend Sandy. As I said before, Sandy has already met Michael. We met at that unfortunate screening of Fanboys.

Speaking of that movie, everyone be sure to see it before we meet. Would love to talk about it. It is a great movie! Did we start a thread? I will look. If not I will see about starting one.

16. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Cool springs is my back yard, but I don't mind a trip out yonder to the boro.
    Will wear my new lightsaber earrings, I found on ebay, nothing fancy, but at least it's something. SW jewelry is hard to come by.
    Will make a point to get Fanboys, and watch it, so I'll be in the know.
    see y'all then
    JocastaNu3

17. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Don't cut off your ears with the lightsaber earrings... [face_alien_1]

Should we pick a time? I'd say 3PM...not too late and not too early. If we are expecting others to show up, maybe Cool Springs. If not, either location works well. Any news from the yahoo group?

18. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    3 pm at Cool Springs sounds perfect to me. :)

19. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    "Vote Now! Vote Now!"

20. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    LOL...Be careful you guys...there is a severe t-storm and tornado warning for us. :( Heading right for me. ANd on top of you!

21. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Yeah, they passed me, but are still hovering over the Boro.

22. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Everything is cool. The storm gave a few blocks from my house some hail, but we got a little rain and that was it. Dan saw a funnel cloud in La Vergne, where he works. I cannot believe they did not put them in the tornado shelter!

23. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I think it was only a warning, not a Tornado Watch. Hail was definitely in the forecast, but they were doubtful of an actual tornado...

24. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    A watch means that conditions are right for a tornado to form, but a warning means that one has been spotted or there is rotation. So a warning is bad. A watch could be bad. Sorry, not trying to act like a know-it-all! Just want you to know this because i ;)t is important during a storm! ;)

25. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    My weather radio warns me of both equally. :p

The one who explained them to me got it backwards...[face_thinking]

Either way... "Duck and cover". :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.