main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    IDK. He just found out that we are losing our home. We have no place to go and we have 5 pets. So we will be busy finding a place. And apartments do not take more than 2 pets. Looks like Beechgrove in Coffee Co has som good places for sale that we can afford. Dan is not on the loan and his work might actually pay for it.

[face_worried]

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Sorry to hear that. [face_worried]

May the Force be with you both!!! And your four-legged padawans, too.

3. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks Michael. We have some options. But we are both very scared. We will not let go of our pets. They are our children. We love them and they are our family. My parents won't let us stay with them with the animals. :mad: Even though 2 of our dogs are crate trained and the other is very calm and well behaved. And the cats, well, they are good.

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Family/Pets/Dogs%20and%20Cats/princessandmillie.jpg]

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Family/Pets/Dogs%20and%20Cats/leialovessimba.jpg]

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Family/Pets/Dogs/barneysface.jpg]
    This is Barney. The rest are captioned.

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Family/Pets/With%20Pets/kimleia062809.jpg]
    This is a BAD pic of me, but it is me and Leia. [face_love] It was not too long after my hernia surgery.

See why I cannot give them up? We love them and they love us. The cats think they are dogs and the dogs accept them into their pack. And we of course are the leaders of the pack.

So, we are taking it day by day now. [face_worried]

4. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I know I completely understand the not wanting to leave the animals behind. I am going to miss my animals(and everybody else) when I go to college next year. Can't even have a hamster there. :( That's the only down side to the college I am going to. Otherwise I think it'll be great as long as I can stay through graduation.

But anyways, I am praying. [:D]

5. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry, been to Coruscant, Oh, I mean Washington, DC. What a blast. Hubby was working in Alexandria VA for the week, and I just went to see the sights and oh what sights I saw! it's the best place. NEVER enough time to see everything you want in DC. What a blast!
    So back to Echo base. Sorry about your house Kim, that sucks. I would not leave my cats behind either. We had to board them a month bec we had about that long bet our new house closing and selling the one in BR. Thank the Maker, I had friends to feed them in BR, cuz they stayed there, basically outside of the house, for about 5 mos. Anyway, find a place, pay the pet dep, and they'll know you have animals, but maybe they will never figure out you have 5. IDK, so, so sorry it's rough right now.
    May the Force be with you Tristan!
    JocastaNu3

6. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    hey,
    anyone see District 9 or Harry Potter and the Half blood prince. I loved, loved HP, and hurriedly working my way though the 4th novel, trying to catch up.
    District 9, well, was fine,just not what I expcted, well, I had NO idea what I was expecting, so I guess I can't say that. It was very interesting.

7. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    No, haven't seen either. I am not a HP person so that won't happen. I have not been to any movies lately. I have been watching a lot of TV though, a lot of NCIS. I am addicted to NCIS. :)

8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    well, i made it to school ok. got my first class tomorrow, so i'll see how i do learning greek.

sorry about your house kim, and really wishing you the best right now. you're in my thoughts and prayers.

wish we'd been able to get together before i left, but there's always later on eh?

on a different note, saw GI Joe and inglourious basterds before i left. both were quite enjoyable, although i wouldn't recommend the last one to you kim. probably a bit too bloody and such.

anyhoo, i'll be in touch with ya'll.

9. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    LOL, thanks Tristan. I saw the previews of that one (Inglorius Basterds) at the Fanboys movies. It is a Weinstein Movie as well. But, I am not much of a Brad Pitt fan. :p And I am not much into blood and guts so yeah, you are right. And I am really sorry we did not get to get back together before school for you. Life has been crazy. We are praying for this home in Beechgrove. It is perfect for us. Let us know how classes are! I would love to go back to school.

10. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I haven't sen any of them yet. District 9 looks like a spin off from the "V" plot line. I have mixed feelings about GI Joe, only saw one of the HP movies in theater. The other movie isn't really my style either, but who knows. Might wind up seeing them all. Or maybe I'll rent them when they make it to DVDs.

Tristan, May the Course be with you!

11. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Kosh, you have the wittiest way with the Force.
    I wouldn't recommend spending big bucks on District 9, maybe get at the red box later. Hubby and I were just talking about the return of 'v' today, I didnt' watch it too much in the 80s, so we'll see.
    We like the old Tarantino, but after letting hubby pick District 9, wish now we'd tried Ingl Bastards, I love Brad Pitt (he was the only saving grace in Burn Before Watching, oopps, mean Burn After Reading,) PItt's awesome, underrated since he's a pretty boy, but he's excellent in the right role. Anyway, since the last Tarentino we saw and hated was Death Proof, which was so, so awful, we were unsure of this one. Wish now we'd reconsidered. oh well.
    any other recommendations????

12. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I was 7 when V came out and I was so scared to watch it. I remember running in my room everytime my babysitter would turn it on. When they would peel their faces off I freaked out. I was a child so things scared me very easily back then. I still cannot watch it. *Shudders.*

I have no movie recommendations, sorry. I have been watching TV a lot lately and right now besides The Clone Wars, my fave show is NCIS. :D I have been catching up on Season 6 so I can get ready for Season 7 to come on in about 4 weeks. It takes place where I near am from (I am from northeastern Maryland but it takes place around Washington DC), but it is filmed in Santa Clarita, California, where Dan lived for a long time. He is from Los Angeles. I laughed at one part of an episode because it took place at Virginia Beach, where I have been a dozen times, and it had palm trees in the background. Virginia has no palm trees. [face_laugh] I was born in Richmond, and spent many summers at Virginia Beach because I had an Aunt, Uncle and cousins there. We still have family in the Richmond area as well. So the show gives me some familiarity. I am not sure I can get into the NCIS-Los Angeles version. I like the characters in the regular NCIS. I am not a big LL Kool J fan. Chris O'Donnell is cute but, I don't know. I like Tony, Abby, Gibbs, Ziva, Ducky and McGee all together. Oh and Palmer is sweet (he is named after one of my fave baseball players, Jim Palmer of the Baltimore Orioles.)

Yikes, speaking of Ducky, I am rambling along like him. LOL!!!

13. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Hey all, I am interested in having some sort of leadership position in the Nashville FF. But I do not know how. I know I cannot become a mod at this point. But I would love to colaborate and get this fanforce going. I do not want to be an all powerful leader. I want to collaborate with you all and help this FF grow. I am not sure how to go about all this.

We 5 seem to be the only ones who care about Nashville. I am not complaining about our RSA, but perhaps we need someone more local to help organize things. In a short time I will be able to help a lot more than I am now and I am willing. I love you all and I would love to spend more time and collaborate with you all to agree on things to do. We have reached a point where we trust one another enough to plan less public locations.

I love the idea of the Fan Force. I want to keep it going and make it grow.

What do you think my friends?

14. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Yea Kim,
    Go for it. I don't know much bout being a leader or organizing. What I saw in Baton Rouge, with their group, was a regular schedule, like second Sat of the month, or whatever, and stick to it. Now, they were into costuming and conventions, so they always had that to talk about and work on, and they collected. What I saw on the yahoo meetup group site were people who seemed interested in gaming, so RPG would probably be a great place to attract more people. Also a set meeting space with some space for gaming, like a library meeting room or someone;s house, etc. I think the RPG would be the most popular avenue to pursue, then when people get to know each other better, can do movie nights, movie outings, etc, maybe V discussion, etc
    good luck, wish I could help more, try and contact some of the other FF leaders int eh Southeast regions and see what they're doing.
    JocastaNu3

15. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    We have an RSA. But I wish we had someone a bit more local. I do not want to do it alone. I do not like being all-powerful...LOL. That is why I said I want to collaborate. I do not like to be a boss-like person. I like to work with others to come up with good ideas and make things work. Our fan force is worth it. Thanks for the ideas, Lil. But I am not in charge. I do not mind having some sort of leadership role. We could run it like a committee. A pres, VP, secretary, etc. Elect people, and so on. Just an idea.

16. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Revive Nashville's Jedi Council, you say? Indeed we should. Though, I thought that is what we were doing... Granted, with different schedules and obligations, it is not always easy. However, let us arrange another meeting, but this time we actually discuss future meetings (and any types of processes or procedures). As a group, together in person, we need to make these decisions --and try to stick to them. I'm sure there is a long list of things we can plan to do. Changing your FF status is likely to have no affect (or effects) on our meeting arrangements or activity list. We need to hash out and brainstorm ideas for what we want to do, how often and where (as a fixed site, or rotation to each other's house/community center). Since we have been getting feedback, I'd say we are doing things like a committee.

Of course, there is always ways to improve, so it would be nice to get more involved and find more fun things to do for the group.

I'll be free virtually any weekend or evening after Labor Day Weekend except for October 3rd (or the Saturday closest to it if that isn't a Saturday). Cool Springs works great for me, but Kim and Dan, how does this work for you now? Borders, Target, whatever. We just need to formulate some plans. Anyone else?

17. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    It sounds good. In the near future things will get chaotic for us, but after that, we will be okay. Not sure when we will move. But it will be pretty soon.

18. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Well, everyone, Sandy has fnally joined. She will confirm her membership tomorrow. We came up with the name XelaAmidala. (Alex spelled backward). She loved Xela. And she is a big fan of Padme. I registered for her using her email address so the rest is on her. I will also be her master in the WNU. I feel it will help her out a lot.

Also, please be in prayer for Sandy. Her grandma (Dan and I call her Grandma too!) is very sick and she is taking care of her almost solely. Sandy is sick herself. SHe almost died on me a few times in the 16 years of friendship we have had. And now her sister Quinn, who I have known since she was in elementary school was in a serious car accident. She broke her femur, 4 ribs, her pelvis, and she has a mild brain bleed that is being looked after. She has some internal injuries as well. BUT, she is going to be okay. Vandy is a GREAT hospital. Sandy takes the world on her shoulders. She is an incredible person but I worry she takes on too much.

Oh, and I had an idea. Movie night. I know Tristan cannot go :(, but I thought we could go see Surrogate together. I so want to see that movie!!! It opens on the 25th. Then in October we can maybe work around Tristan's schedule and get the gang all together?

ANd yes, I have colors for another 20 hours or so. Apparently the last questrion in the Million Colors game was messed up by the admins. Not sure if I got it right, but 3 of us have colors now. :)

19. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    That actually did look like a good movie.

20. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Does anyone want to try to meet before the end of the month?

21. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Would love to if money permits.

22. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Were you and Dan able to find a stable place yet?

23. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    The house in Beech Grove appears to have fallen through, so we are looking for rentals. He might get desperate and take our deal, but IDK.

24. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Great news! It looks like we are going to get the house in Beechgrove after all! Dan was able to yank some emergency money out of his 401K. Sandy and Dan and my mom and I are going up there at 1 PM (today already?) to talk to the realtor and show my mom the place. If you guys can make it down to Coffee County, when we get all settled in, we will HAVE to have you over. It is small home...a cabin really, a fenced in double lot, and a camper on the back lot that is hooked up to the electric and water. And yeah, it is cold now, but there is a lake less than a mile away. We can barbecue, watch SW movies, play trivial pursuit, whatever. And we can discuss our plans to take over the world, err, Nashville FF. LOL!

Anyway, what do you think...should I dress as Abby from NCIS this year. I am leery of the temp black hair dye, but I think I can be a great Abby. I promise pictures will be taken.

I want to buff up before I try Mara again.

? you guys! Miss the meetings. I love them. Only 2 so far but you all are great people.

25. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    That's awesome Jaden! I knew you'd find a place in time! God is good. [face_peace] Let me know how you like it there. :D

I am still sad I cannot go to the meets with you guys. :( It would be so much fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.