main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I am jumping for joy! We just need to work out some details and the contract and the house will be ours.

AND, my parents are buying us Star Wars in Concert tickets for Christmas. It is on Dec 13 and the tix go on sale next Friday (not this coming). God is so great.

Amanda, you are welcomed at our home any time. If you ever come this way, you have my number. Which, incidentally will be changing because I am moving to a new area code. ;) Hoping to get the last 4 digits to spell "JADE" LOL!!!

So do we want to discuss our next meeting folks? Anybody game for helping us move? :p

[face_laugh]

2. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I am jumping for joy! We just need to work out some details and the contract and the house will be ours.

AND, my parents are buying us Star Wars in Concert tickets for Christmas. It is on Dec 13 and the tix go on sale next Friday (not this coming). God is so great.

Amanda, you are welcomed at our home any time. If you ever come this way, you have my number. Which, incidentally will be changing because I am moving to a new area code. ;) Hoping to get the last 4 digits to spell "JADE" LOL!!!

So do we want to discuss our next meeting folks? Anybody game for helping us move? :p

[face_laugh]

3. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    That's cool Jaden. I like the JADE idea. Just let me know what it changes to so I can call if I ever get over my phoneaphobia. :p I'm really not a phone person or I would've called by now. [face_blush]

4. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    You and me both. I am getting better though. I think that first call is the worst.

Did you see NCIS tonight? Last week was GREAT! Ziva is a Probie now. I so think Gibbs should adopt her. He whispered to her at the end of last week's episode "You're mine now." It was so endearing. She cried. Her father, Eli David is a crooked man. Such a shame. Gibbs is pretty much the only father figure she has now, and since Gibbs lost Shannon ad Kelly (his wife and daughter) all those years ago, I think they can heal one another of those wounds. This week Gibbs and Tony called Ziva "Probie" the whole time. LOL!

Oh, and for Halloween, folks, I am taking the plunge. I am dying my hair black (temporary dye) and going as Abby. My friend is having a party and we will have candy and karaoke. Then 2 days later, we close on the new house. :D

5. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    I think we just have phone issues. :p Small compared to the other things we deal with. Phoneaphobia is like vacation. :p

I saw parts of it. I was so tired though I had a hard time staying awake. Gibbs and Ziva seem to have the same type of relationship as Gibbs and Abby does. You know, father-daughter type deal. Ziva even said Gibbs was like a father to her on the weeks before last week's I think it was. I don't get why Tony still called Mckey(sp?) Probie though? He's no longer the newest member and also has been on the team for six years. It was funny though.

I think you'll make a great Abby!

6. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Hey guys and gals. Very cool seeing Nashville in on the Star Wars fandom. I am from Bellevue and Bellemeade area, but moved away in 96. Was nothing going on then. Glad to see it up and running now. I come to town to visit every few months. Would love to introduce ya'll to a friend of mine that would probably love to know about ya'll. She drives all the way to Jackson MS to get her Star Wars fix. She is like "I wish Nashville had something like ya'lls club". She isn't on these boards. I need to get her on here.

7. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    We are a new little group, trying to get things going. There are 6 of us who meet when we can but RL stuff has made it hard to meet for a few months. We are planning to meet again soon, but I am moving to a new home and am hoping that after that we can have another meeting. I have made great friends, everyone is awesome. I hope to see our group grow!

Get your friend on here!!!! :)

8. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    "I Conquer."

The more the merrier. :) FanForce=FunForce. We will certainly welcome new fans, and their input for suggestions and ideas for the group. Please tell her to come on over to the Darth Side of the force...maybe.

9. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Oh Michael, you and your Dark side. LOL!!! Actually, I believe our little Fun Force is divided between Light and Dark. But we have fun talking. I am hoping to be able to open our new home up to a meeting soon. It is in Beechgrove in Coffee county, but maybe we can have a late movie night on a week end and use the camper on the second lot (which has electricity and water) as a place for people to sleep, since it is about 30 minutes from Murfreesboro and even further from Nashville. We can barbecue, play SW Trivial Pursuit (we have both versions), watch movies play games on the Xbox, go to the lake, etc. We will have to drag Tristan away from school and hire a sitter for JocastaNu. LOL! And Sandy might be living there by that time. LOL! She has a home with us when she needs it. Her grandma is sick right now. :(

Yeah, we are trying to grow the FF from the ground up. I would really love to do a new Icon and a new banner and colors for this page to show that things are new. Maybe make an offsite, which is really easy to host. Elect people to run aspects of it. We have smart people in our FF. I do not want to see it die again. When I came in, it was dead. I was so excited about see SW fans here, I said, HEY, let's meet somewhere! LOL!!!!

So please, word of mouth is great. We normally meet in the Cool Springs area, an exit or two north of Franklin off I-65. Barnes & Noble was great last time!!!! I would love a more private place soon where we can have a movie night with games, like a SW party. we are building trust and we get along great.

Anyway, have to run. MTFBWY!!!!!!!!!

10. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Cool, she lives in Franklin. So thats an easy drive for her.

Sounds like your small group was like our small group. Started with 5 going to CIII to now 20+ at meetings and 40+ at troops or get togethers. I hope to see yall grow like we did.

11. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Perhaps we should schedule something on a weekend in the next few weeks before the holiday season starts up. This would give her a chance to meet us before it moves to someone's home.

We could use my home eventually as well. The only drawback is that it is in Fairview, which is not really centrally located. Tristan may not be able to come. Jaden and Dan, I estimate a 2 hour drive from your house to mine --figure the same distance as the Bellevue Carmike was where we saw Fan Boys. If there were Dickson or Hickman Co. folks in the group, my place would be more central. My collection room isn't really set up yet, but that wouldn't stop us from meeting. When Jaden's home is ready for the group to come over, we would probably have more options there.

If possible, I think it would be good to attempt some meeting or activity at least once a quarter. Jaden: Is there a date (weekend or evening) when you and your husband might be going into Nashville/Franklin for other errands? If so, perhaps we could time a meeting before or after so that you can combine trips and still meet.

One thing we might want to do is start a topic here that is purely an idea board for meeting activities...not necessarily the meeting times. We can list what events and activities we want to do...and add to it as we go. Then we will know what everyone wants to do.
    For example:
    I might put "Board games, movie nights, video games, collecting, conventions"
    Tristan might put "RPGs, video games, collecting, concerts, parades"
    Jaden might put "Costuming, video games, collecting, RPGs, conventions"
    When planning video games and collection-related events, we should try to plan with everyone possible. For other things, like RPGs in this example, Tristan and Jaden would know not to worry about my schedule for RPG events/meetings. Doesn't mean we will always meet with that mini-group or that we are never allowed to join in... but will give us a good idea what kinds of stuff to plan.

12. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Sounds like a great plan. We will not have much trouble getting up to Nashville or Franklin. My husband still works in La Vergne and my family is in Murfreesboro. My doctors for my Bipolar are in Cool Springs, as are Dan's and it seems that I will spend a lot of time in the Boro anyway. Our car is in great shape now that we just got it fixed. No more issues now finally. I personally would not have a problem grabbing Tristan when he needs a ride to a meeting.

A brainstorming thread sounds like a great idea. Perhaps we can even eventually have separate threads for things we want to do. I am not sure when our next meeting can be. We will be moving throughout next month but I am sure we can squeeze a few hours in one weekend toward the end of November at the usual place. I really liked Barnes & Noble personally. :D We can discuss this good plan of yours too. I miss you all! Maybe it will give Tristan some time to plan to come out here. :) (Like fall break???)

Anyway, any of you dressing up for Halloween? I am going as Abby Sciuto of NCIS. Yes, I am dying my hair black. But it will wash out n like a month. It is permanent dye buy dye hates my hair. I am going Goth folks. Check out my profile pic for my transformation so far. LOL!!! Later!

13. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Hey you guys... We now own a small house in Beechgrove. Yes, we got it! We are moving as I speak (figuratively). And when we get everything settled, we have plenty of room for 5 others to meet and watch movies, play games. It is small, but the yard is big. Just mind the acorns falling.

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/NewHome110709.jpg]

It does not look like much, but as Han says, she's got it where it counts. ;)

And I look like a bloated pic. :p

Any ideas for next meeting. I am booked until the weekend of 11/21.

:D

And, yeah, my hair is black.

14. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I was surprised to see absolutely no trick-or-treaters in my area, other than at businesses.

Glad to hear you go the house. Can you make the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs? :) Nov 21st would be fine with me, or any time around there. Thanksgiving weekend would not be a great idea for me to meet, but before or after are both fine.

15. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Congrats on the house Jaden! and the hair!

Saw several Clone Troopers patrolling our neighborhood, and Vader made an appearance. Saw a couple of Jedi at the zoo. Alas, we were not in costume. Younglings opted to be a witch and pirate, but that's fun too!

Doubt I'll make the meeting, or if I do, will have a youngling or just come for a few mins, but y'all have fun. Am plannin on being at the SW concert. could get there early and meet up if just for a bit!

JocastaNu3

16. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Only in an ice storm going down that windy hill on Hwy 280. :p

I will have to let you know about whether is we can make it for before or after Thanksgiving. I think the 21st should work for us. Not sure. Will let you all know.

EDIT: LOL, The hair will be red again in a few days. The black hair is getting very old. :p

17. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Anyone want to meet on the 21st?

18. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    I do! :D

Unfortunately I can't though, for multiple reasons. My wants and reality are always opposite these days...:( And I don't even want anything bad, it saddens me. But I have faith so I think I'll be fine.

19. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Do we want to start planning for something in January or February?

20. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I have the disadvantage of having no internet or phone now. Not sure how one can get a hold of me outside of Dan on Facebook. He gets on at work.

Hope you all had a great Christmas. Mine was better than usual. Vitamin D kicks Winter blues in the butt, especially when you are severely deficient. [face_plain]

Later guys!!!!

21. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Kim, Have you ad Dan settled into your new house?

I'm on year two and have STILL not set up my Collectibles room...at least not all the way. [face_alien_1]

22. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Haha, finally back online at our new home. And unpacking? LOL! I have to get some spyware downloaded...Dan is downloading SW Galaxies. We have friends who play it. :D I will write later on or tomorrow when this thing actually loads up. It is going to take over 2 hours. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your patience!!!!

23. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Welcome back to the internet! :)

24. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Yeah, it is strange how out of touch one can get without TV and internet. But radio is really good. [face_idea]

25. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Hey, check out my Title. Someone screwed up. If they meant Nashville, how did that happen?

Everything is good guys. Still broke but not as broke. And the home is great. We need to plan a get-together. Ideas? And is Murfreesboro a good idea? I prefer Books A Million at Stones River Mall if you guys do not mind. If Cool Springs is the choice, then it does not matter. I am having issues with my friend at Barnes & Noble in the Boro. It is not her fault, it is the Hutt she lives with. He is not a nice person and threatened me. Then did some not so nice things on Facebook.

So BM, is good. It is on the far side of the mall if you are coming from I-24, Exit 78 toward Murfreesboro. Cannot miss it. Hit the last light at the end of the mall where Coconut Bay is on the left. Turn left there and you will see BAM there on the right.

The next two weekends are out. S o let me know what you guys would like to do. :) Sorry that Murfreesboro is even an option. I live 30 odd miles from there now. [face_plain]

Miss you guys and girl. :)

EDIT....the issue with the title is fixed. I spoke with Jedi Trace, who told me that in order for someone to hold this position of Nashville FF Rep, they must be elected by the FF body (7 of us, LOL!). Phew! That was close! And Trace is the Rep for Memphis so we have no idea how I got the title.

Now, to get my Icon Maker title back....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.