main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Meetup page closing

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    We will no longer be hosted on meetup.com after July 25th.
    There is a fee to host on Meetup of $45 every 3 months. I have been paying this fee out of my own pocket and no longer wish to do so.
    We have been getting a lot of traffic on our facebook page and have been using it to communicate meetings and events to the group, essentially double posting events both on meetup and on facebook.
    Those of us who have been attending meetings regularly have already discussed this and the consensus is to move everything over to Facebook.
    If you are not already a member of our facebook group here is the url:
    It was actually it set up as a fan page so to join you have to ?Like? us.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=247675712312#!/pages/Cascadia-Outpost/247675712312

I will be canceling the meetup subscription before my next billing date, sometime in the next two weeks to keep from being billed again, so please seek us out on facebook as soon as you can.

Thank you,
    Your humble Morale Officer,
    Cate

2. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Sounds good Cate. I do think that we should keep up the fanforce board to keep our hand in. I will continue to keep it updated. Some of our members may not be on facebook and keep up with us here, if they want to.

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Oh definitely we should keep a presence here as well.
    And it's Free!

4. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    The free is one of the best things about it.

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I just cancelled the subscription to the meetup page. It will stay active until 8/9/10. If anyone wants to take over as organizer of teh group let me know because if someone takes over the subscription, the meetup group will remain active. If someone else takes over, I for one would be willing to pay monthly dues to keep help defray the cost. I can't speak for everyone else.
    Just so everyone knows, I posted requests for help on the cost of hosting the page more than once myself but never got any response. No worries, but I no longer wish to pay the cost for hosting the meetup group on my own anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.