main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meetup

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Terra, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Ok dudes :)

So, I believe so far we have arranged for it to be the first Saturday in July - no times suggested yet, at the UGC in Cardiff.

We'll be seeing Star Wars then going to the pub, right?

Well - who's gonna be there, folks?

I'll be the first to put my name down as a definate. Any problems? Suggestions? Requests? Also - post here if you're gonna be there! :)

Ryan

2. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, just checked - the first Saturday is the 6th - just FYI ;)

3. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Okay sweet, I'm there as well.. I'm free and guess what, I'm free for It all.. Film, Pub, Laughs, Jokes, and so on.. will be cool.. get to know each other even better.. I think if anyone does want to come, or is interested in coming, and also wants to bring mates along, dont ask us or them, just do it.. we'll see you all outside the UGC in the near future :)

4. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    That's IF Aaron doesn't kill me tomorrow :)

You never know with these dodgy online types ;)

5. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    LOL, I'm a lover not a fighter :) Naw It'll be cool trust me.. we can dance the nite away in the middle of town... and strip naked on the castle grounds... Wh00p! GO US! :D hehe

6. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Bugger i`m afternoons dont finish till 11pm

Nuts ahh well thats what comes from being a copper ;)

7. Darth_Gster

Darth_Gster Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    I'm in!!!!

I'll be up there all day!

8. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    You're a copper TANTIV? :eek:

:: Shuts up about underage drinking, cannabis and copying CDs.... ::

9. AttackCloneYorath

AttackCloneYorath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2001
    Greetings all!

I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend to Captain Solo... erm, no, wait... actually I'm not, I was lying all along.
    :p

Anyway, Hello!
    I am a Welsh StarWars fan like you lot. I have lurked the forum boards since Jan 2001 but only today ventured in the welsh fanforce area!

I like the idea of seeing Star Wars with some true fans! None of my friends/family like StarWars anywhere near as much as I do
    :(:_|

Does anyone mind me coming along too?

Cheers,
    Yorath

10. darth-hayn

darth-hayn Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Sat 6th is fine with me.Can we meet in the bar in the UGC rather than outside,not yhat I have a drink problem or anything but its got to beat standing in the entrance.See you all then.
    PS-What time show are we going to go to?

11. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Yorath - you're very welcome to join us!

Hayn - I'd have no problem with that, but some of the people coming might not want to go into a pub, and may not look 18 - if they get chucked out I'm honour bound to leave with them. If that happened after the movie, not a big deal, but if it happened when we're all meant to be meeting up it could be inconvinient...

I'll rendezvous with people anywhere and give my mobile number out to people closer to the time, so I can act as an organiser.

12. Antigone_Maroon

Antigone_Maroon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I might be able to come on the 6th. I'll have a chat with my girlies but it all depends on time (I need to catch a decent time train home to Swansea) and how this whole set thing for my school's production of "Honk" is going (meant to be doing set design).
    Oh and if I do go meeting outside might be cool because I'm kind of on the getting chucked out/ not getting chucked out border line.

13. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm easy as to what time so long as I can get the last train home.

What times would be good for people?
    Post your ideal time and we'll see what we can do to accomodate everyone/compromise.

14. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Dont mind me Terra you should see my CD/DVD collection ;)

15. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Ommmmmmm! :p

16. AttackCloneYorath

Nov 8, 2001
    Hello everyone!

I may drive into Cardiff for the 6th,
    soooooo...

If people are stuck or just unsure of how to get about I would be glad to assist
    :D

Vicki, I live near Bridgend (well actually closer to Port Talbot than Bridgend really). If you and your crowd need a lift I can take you as far as anchorhead! (Swansea is a short trip for me, the offer is there if you need it).

What do you think guys?

EDIT - I wont be offended if people are cautious about taking lifts from strange men with goatee beards
    ;)
    Tantiv will be there to arrest me if I get all strange, right Tantiv?

17. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    They're contemplating going to see Star Wars with a load of guys off the internet - are they really that cautious? :p

18. AttackCloneYorath

Nov 8, 2001
    You know something, you have a point there Terra!
    :D

19. darth-hayn

May 14, 2002
    I`ve been told that you can go into the bars in the UGC if you are under 18 but you just can`t drink there.I`ll confirm this and get back to you but if it`s a problem I`m happy to meet up wherever is suitable for everyone.
    As for show times it seems to be on at 17.15 or 20.15.

20. AttackCloneYorath

Nov 8, 2001
    "Good job" darth-hayn!

I reckon for safetys sake we should all meet in the Star Wars section of Toys Are Us around the corner!
    ;)

Who's with me?

21. Antigone_Maroon

Antigone_Maroon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Okay it looks like Miss Sing (Drama teacher) is probably going to need me next Saturday judging by how incredibly bare the stage is looking at moment. So it looks like I'm not going to be able to go but I'll defiantly come if there's going to be another get together.
    Thanks so much for the lift offer Yorath; it's very much appreciated.
    I hope that everyone has a great time anyway and reports back to me with your accounts of the evening.

22. Darth_Gster

Nov 16, 2001
    6 days and counting!!!

23. Darth_Gster

Nov 16, 2001
    5 days and counting......

everyone still up for this?

Who's coming?
    Whats the best time?

24. darth-hayn

May 14, 2002
    I`m still going to be there on Saturday but as for what time I leave it up to the majority as I can be there for either time.If we do go to the 20.15 show we won`t be out until 22.30 or so and that may be too late for going drinking as don`t some people have to travel.17.15 would give us some time for a drink and chat afterwards.
    What do you all think.

25. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    17:15 is fine by me.

If our female contingent can't make Saturday, perhaps we could make it Friday?

I've been having a lot of internet problems, so I may not be able to check in as often as I'd like, but I'm still on.

To complicate matters I recently got a new mobile, too - I'll PM anybody who needs my help attending the rendezvous the number if requested :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.