main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mega thread: Sequels and spinoff films and the overall saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jun 20, 2017.

1. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    [​IMG]

DBPirate, Deliveranze, G-FETT and 7 others like this.
  2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    No. Enjoy retirement.

CT1138 and Mostly Handless like this.
  3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    They're going to scare off Lucas for Ewok Adventure III if they keep firing directors.

4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I miss George :(
    He's decided to never look back, though, so I'll make do with what Kathy brings us.

...even though I think she seems a bit too afraid of going against the grain. That's exactly what GL taught Dave Filoni not to be, because fear is the path to the dark side.
    In this case, the dark side would be stagnation, which in the long run will undoubtedly lead to KK losing her job.

5. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    In all seriousness I don't really miss Lucas, mostly because I was perfectly fine with Star Wars ending with ROTS. I do lament that the current material fails to evoke in me the same sense of wonder and huge appreciation I got with the PT, but then again maybe even Lucas himself couldn't have channeled that same creative mindset again. And even if he could, well, that's irrelevant if ultimately he still wanted to sell his company and move on. It's good to go out on top, which ROTS certainly was for me (yeah, he did Clone Wars, but that's not in the same ballpark for me as the live action theatrical releases).

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Lets not turn this thread into a Disney or Lucas bashing discussion. anakinfansince1983

7. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    This isn't a bash, but I've been neutral to Lucas' departure from the scene. It may be nice to see what more he has to offer from the saga, but as Kershner proved to us, there's no harm in some new hands on deck.

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Discussion like this can quickly start going off the rails, so my previous post was a reminder. Emperor Ferus

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Star Wars Forces of Destiny looks like it is going to be on par with Ewoks/Droids TV.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Personally Forces of Destiny looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    I think it will be a pretty neat sets of shorts. But from the looks of it, I don't know if we're getting anything "new" with these characters. Is this like a in-between or prologue? Doubt it's anything too crazy here...

Still a hard shame that Shmi has once again been left in the sidelines. While seeing Padme being in a piece of media is such a lovely sight, Shmi is such a giant missed opportunity. "The Mother Of Star Wars" is literally in the palm of your hands, yet only the dulled abyss is her place within the saga.

Bah, whats done is done.

Just hope they expand on Padme, Jyn and Ashoa(Rey will get hers in TLJ of course). Especially Padme. She's the most important one here, and I would love to get a more personal story than action. Her ideals, policies on the galaxy, her home and family. Many of these aspects in her character were sorta cut(sadly) in AOTC and to a smaller degree, ROTS(which both are understandable). Whoever is handling the queen, I pray that she will do some reinvigorating and expanding within her character.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  13. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    My

14. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Subpar animation
    Cheesy dialogue
    Lame events like throwing fruit at a stormtrooper
    *Plots* nobody cares about like Rey v. Teedo

Forces of Destiny isn't just for kids. This is for toddlers. It won't take much time to watch, so I will. But the bar couldn't be set much lower.

15. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Granted twitter is hardly a reliable medium, but I thought this was interesting give GL's nebulous involvement with Indy V.
    https://twitter.com/Stevebergspiel/status/880506151250558982

Edit: RE Forces of Destiny, two-three minute long animated shorts aimed at 4-6 year olds, with tie in media such as comics and toys. I'm not saying that to criticise FoD. Rather, I think that people should bare in mind what this is, and the audience it was created for, before complaining about bad animation* or cheesy plot devices. I suspect Jyn Erso chucking rotten fruit at Stormtroopers would be awesome to any five year old. The clips themselves will be free on you tube, and judging by the trailers fairly inconsequential to the wider cannon.
    Honestly if animated shorts aimed at early readers isn't your thing, rest assured LFL is hardly forcing you to watch it.:)

*Am I the only one who thinks that the FoD animation looking like the Tartakovsky clone wars mini series is actually really cool?

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS The Last Jedi SPOILER Pics! Part 69

New SPOILER pics from TLJ including a closer look at Snoke, the falcon on Google Earth, Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, Gwendoline Christie and more.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    So why am I finding so much hype about it like it's going to be the next big thing? I legit did not know that it was for extremely small children within the age range of 4-6.if that's the case then I have no complaints.

Animation isn't that close but I find Padme to be similarly based off of that rendition.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  18. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    I actually like that shot of Jyn throwing fruit at the stormtrooper. So ridiculous it actually works. Maybe calls for an added scene in R1? [face_laugh]

19. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Forces of Destiny looks awesome, as far as I'm concerned! I love the Clone Wars micro series and, like Mostly Handless, I really appreciate the similarities.
    This could probably be seen as a spiritual successor, even!

20. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    First the Making of TFA now this
    [​IMG]
    It's starting to become a trend to cancel making of books it seems.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  21. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    In all seriousness, I think these creative disagreement problems within Lucasfilm indicate the real reason Lucas ultimately had to direct the prequels himself. There was simply no A-list director that would be willing to give up the kind of creative control that Lucas would want, and there was no sub A list director that would be willing to take on the pressure of directing the prequels. It was hard enough for Kershner when he directed EMPIRE. It would have been near impossible to take on the pressure of directing the prequels. Lucas doesn't view Indiana Jones as seriously as he views Star Wars, so he was willing to let Spielberg direct that and have the creative control he needed.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  22. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    *Sigh*

Oh this isn't surprising. Though once again; What is this whole reason in canceling these books? This would give them tons f money wouldn't it? What harm could done here?

"How embarrassing"

23. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I t

I think it's pretty clear with the behind the scenes stuff in TFA and RO that there are things that Disney/Lucasfilm doesn't want to shed light on at this point. They're trying to control the narrative.

24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    More to the point, Lucas has stated at least a dozen times over the years that he hates directing. He'll avoid it wherever he can. Probably why the guy has directed just 6 movies in 45 years.

DrDre and Mostly Handless like this.
  25. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    That's precisely what the property's owners are entitled to do.

Better that than the fans presuming that they control it.