main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL MegaCon 2004

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    While it is three months early, I figure I would post this incase those that do not know about it or new people stopping by can check it out.

It is going to be held bewteen the dates of March 5th to March 7th, which, as usual, is a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

It appears, at least so far, that the "big" guests are Allison Mack from Smallville and Brad Dourif, aka Wormtongue, from The Two Towers. However, others might know him from Dune, Babylon 5, and other stuff. Also, the following Women of Star Wars will be there:

- Amy Allen
    Aayla Secura of "Star Wars"
    - Michonne Bouriague
    Aurra Sing of "Star Wars"
    - Nalini Krishan
    Barriss Offee of Star Wars Ep. II & III

And, much of the cast of Lexx! Anyway, the link is:

http://www.megaconvention.com

If you go to http://www.megacon.com, all you get is some business site.

I hope it is as enjoyable as last year was, which, to be honest, was one of the best years ever, for various reasons. I will also be taking a ton more pictures this time.

If you visit Stefanie's old Orlando System site, located below, you can click on Gallery and then on MegaCon to see some of my absolutely stunning pictures from the last one (note that the quality has been lowered on them from their original pristine versions)

http://orlandosystem.cjb.net/

And, for now, that's all. It might seem like it is early to bring it up, but it will, literally, be here before we know it.

Brandon

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I plan to volunteer one of the 3 days. I'd do 2 days like I did last year but it overlaps with the Florida Film Festival which takes precedence.

I was a tad disappointed to see Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes backed out of attending. About a month ago they were scheduled, but now they can't make it. Two years ago when I really didn't even know what MegaCon was, the coordinator called me at my hotel to book him a reservation, I made it, couldn't wait around to see him, and never even got close. Maybe next time...

-Campbell

3. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    How do you go about volunteering? If you do, are you able to get a discount on going on the other days?
    Melanie

4. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    On the site, mentioned above, there's a link to Volunteering for more info. You volunteer for a three or four hour shift as I recall and you get the rest of the day in the convention free. No discount on other days, no discount on parking. I worked it 2 days last year and ended up having 2 very cool jobs. On Friday I was a runner for the talent (like getting french fries for Erin Grey and getting juice for Prowse) and Sunday I took care of the line for autographs of the main stars and then assisted the comic book artists with anything they needed.

5. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    If Amy Allen is ther I will definitly be there !!!!

this is so cool! I cant wait
    !

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Perhaps she could sign your blue scarf? Seems a fitting accoutrement to a blue jedi.

7. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    How could you tell she's wearing it?

8. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    i wouldnt be surprised at a twi'lek wearing only a scarf...have you seen the new bar scene camo twi'lek figure? shes practically naked

9. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    And they were fully dressed before? :D

10. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    She does look naked, and I would have to say that shes pretty hot. He he he!

Dale

11. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    silly silly silly dale

12. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ah. Ia, boys will be boys..

13. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    this means they dont grow up till they have kids....although i think Cambell is the most mature dude ive meet...star wars side at least

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    they never grow up they just grow older. ;)

15. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    i think im going to take a five minute breather to avoid getting in trouble with repling to that one

16. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Hee hee.
    I actually have to go to sleep. Also have to pretend to work tomorrow, so good night Star Wars land! Sleep tight & don't let the ewoks bite.
    Melanie :)

17. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Im just still growing thats all.

18. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    But really, would anyone really 'be' with a Twi'lek? Look at their teeth... think about it.

Brandon

19. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Thats why you have a hippie jedi cut them out with his lightsaber. No teeth and those big ears? Think about it. Sounds tempting.

Dale

20. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    You could always just put a bag over their head instead of permanently disfuguring them.

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    You're right. Silly immature males. I think perhaps I'll wear my Mature2003 sash to the next meeting.

Thanks, Ia.

22. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    im not sure whether i want to go for one day or three days....but i have to see amy allen again!!!!

23. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I know there are a bunch of us coming from Daytona (fan force and otherwise). It's our Fan Force 1 year anniversary, so some of us will be there at least two of the three days. Maybe we could meet at the convention? I haven't been able to get to your meetings, but I'd really like to meet you guys.

24. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ok cool this sounds fun.... do people dress up for Mega con?

25. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Yes. There were lots of costumes at last year's. Can't remember if there was a contest or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.