main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Mental Health Support Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by poor yorick, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    One summer, my son and I played all of the Lego games (pirates of the caribbean, Indiana Jones, all the SW, Harry Potter, batman, and Lord of the rings ... it was pretty amazing.

Vialco, solojones, Lordban and 2 others like this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Only ones I've tried are SW and Indy. I think the others either weren't available for PS2 or I'd had enough of the Indy game.

3. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Just a note for MrZap and those of the small group who find my presence on this board to be annoying,I did attempt to ensure a long term no signing in but the attempt failed.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Why are you bringing drama into this thread? Stop it.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    MODified: Communication Breakdown :(

Master_Rebado and harpua like this.
  6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So I mentioned this in the besties thread, but I think the interview went okay? Also I have a possible freelance job that could replace my current job while I look for permant employment. I'm thinking more and more that the best thing for my mental health will be to hand in my two weeks notice when I get back from surgery.

7. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Is that a roundabout way of saying you attempted suicide? If so, I'm very sorry to hear that things came to that. It's good to see you're still here. Feel free to talk about what's going on with you, but please leave the user vs. user stuff out of it.

solojones likes this.
  8. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Yes and Yes I shall stop posting.

It's not good that I am still here.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    How can we be the most helpful to you at the moment?

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  10. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Seems cannot be so.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Okay. If that changes, let us know.

12. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Ok sure.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Wow... I owe you a huge apology. I thought you were talking about dumb board drama. I'm truly sorry.

solojones likes this.
  14. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Oh don't be ......

a MOD just BRIGHTENED this day for me SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So, what's going on?

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm giving him the Care Bear Stare is what is going on.

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    We definitely want to be supportive. That's what the thread is for. At the very least I want to say I'm so sorry you're going through this.

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I've attempted twice.... I realize how difficult it is to talk about. Just know that we're all going through something or another, and we can at least try to talk it through. But like I said, I know how hard it is to discuss. Just know we're here if and when you're ready.

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    One my friends ran into my ex today. Apparently he looked miserable. But I just can't bring my to care. I'm happier without him in my life. I don't want him in my life. I said my goodbyes. But I still felt a twinge of guilt when I heard he wasn't looking good.

I have to be strong and stay away. I cut him off for a reason. I don't need him or want him. He's gone forever and he's going to stay that way. He's dead to me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

20. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I don't even know what you're talking about. There have been a couple of times I wasn't a fan of what you said but I've never disliked you or wanted you to go away. I'm sorry if I ever gave that impression. And I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. I hope you're in an okay place, and please don't let people drive you away from this place if you like hanging out here.

21. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    As I told one of the mods in PM I am VERY averse to discussing me as a person period on the net in any area where it would be 100% publicly visible,always been that way about it so I avoided this thread on purpose.

Last 24 to 48 hrs just had some really heavy stuff happen with my health mentally and I felt that saying about it here would mean mockery to come in other threads from certain members who had displayed a visceral dislike for me as a member.

Also I loathe the remotest notion of me doing a pity party.

Iron_lord and heels1785 like this.
  22. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I can relate to not wanting to talk about your problems. I often feel uncomfortable talking about myself unless I feel I have something good to say, because I don't want to feel like a burden or make people feel uncomfortable, or to feel self-centered. But you're allowed to feel bad about things, and you're allowed to want to talk to people about your problems or want sympathy/empathy. There's nothing wrong with that. And it's healthy, and honestly people do care.

That's what this thread is for, if you want to use it for that. If you don't, that's okay too. I hope you have somewhere you feel comfortable talking about your problems with people, though.

Just do your best to take care of yourself, please.

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I used to have many of the same fears, when it came to my mental health, but I've learned that my condition isn't a weakness that I should be ashamed of. It's simply one aspect of myself (of many) that I have grown to accept and even love, in an odd way. It's just me, and I no longer fear showing that aspect of myself. It took a long time to get here, though, and I fully identify with where you are.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  24. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    @Master_Rebado -- Feel free to share as much or as little as you're comfortable with. If all you want to say is that you're having a rough time, that's fine. Everybody here has had a rough time at some point, so we can empathize. I'm glad you're still here, and still posting. :)

MrZAP, Juliet316 and solojones like this.
  25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Sitting here waiting for my son's therapist. He's 20 minutes late. [face_plain]