main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Messed-up Forum Viewing... Help???

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Basement24, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    I know this is off topic, but I didn't know where else to turn to get some help.

As of about Friday afternoon this week, the Force.net boards have been all out of whack for me, especially the Fan Art community. No other site in my bookmarks have been acting up at all. I've got lots of broken site images here, bizarre colours, and terrible 5 minute loading times on new pages (and I'm on high-speed).

Has anyone else had this happen recently? Is this a board problem, or my own computer problem? I can't even get to some other boards here that might have an answer on them. I thought it might fix itself in a few hours, but it's been 2 days now, and it's really frustrating to post replies and check out fanart.

Not fair, I say! Here's a screen capture of what I'm experiencing on the main Fan Art Forum page. It took me 5 minutes of loading time after about 10 reloads to get this much:

http://www.basement24.com/forum-freak-out.jpg

I've wiped my cache, tried pop-up blockers, spam scans, windows updates, system restores... all sorts of things. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on, and what can be done to get things back to normal?

2. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    It's a server problem not your computer, and they're talking about this on other parts of the site. Fan Art just seems to take the brunt of it as the first to go and the last to come back. Nothing to do but suck it up and wait.

3. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    That's good to hear. Well, not good it's happening, but I'm glad to know what's going on. I can't even get to any other force.net forum right now, so I had no idea. I was only able to get to this one because I had a driect link.

Thanks for the update, I suppose this thread isn't really needed anymore! Sorry for the OT post.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup, it's a server problem. Nothing we can really do except wait for it to fix itself. We've been trying to get things to run a little smoother by switching things over to the "gray IGN format" but there's really nothing else we can do about it.

Please see this thead in Comms. for more info. :)

5. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    You could stab the server in the brain with a Q-Tip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.