main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Metropolis

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Chocolate, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    The DVD from the most current known version of this sci-fi classic just came out and I picked it up yesterday. Before I watch it, I would like to see if there is any interest from you folks to have a watching party of it together? So just sound off and let me know if you would like to get together and make an event of it.

2. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Sure. I've only seen parts of it.

:cool:

3. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    You mean the updated version that was making the art-house theater rounds last year?

Sure! The design elements and social/historical themes in Metropolis make for interesting viewing, even more than 75 years later.

Lots of influence on our favorite space saga...weren't some initial designs for C-3PO based on the Maria robot from Metropolis ?[face_plain]

4. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Its a true classic. Well you cant get more classic than that.

If its the one that they remastered, and put the origonal score in, then that will be a great DVD to have, let alone watch. But if its been changed, and altered from the origonal, then I'll pass.

I believe it was a norwegian or some slavic country went through it all and retouched, and cleaned it frame by frame, a truely monumental task in its self. I hope this is that version.

:D

5. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002

Yes, this is that cleaned up version from last year. There are lots of restorations to it, including the original soundtrack!

I bought it yesterday. When/where are we gonna watch it?? I don't mind my apt, but it's VERY small.

6. HoboZuckuss

HoboZuckuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I havn't seen it yet so sure, get together sounds nice. I was just talking with one of my friends (one that likes good movies) and we were both talking about how we hadn't seen it. Watching party sounds good to me.

7. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    So then we're looking at needing a place thats going to be able to accomodate at least 8 people...

me
    stone
    jeret
    jeff
    brian +traci
    james +1

that's about the limit for my little place. but if someone wants to suggest someplace else, i'm all ears.

as for WHEN to watch it, let's get past the con this wknd and we'll make it for sometime after the medieval times gig. perhaps saturday, may 17th? how is that for everyone??

8. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    *bump*

If no one has any other comments on this, then I'm gonna assume that the date is ok. And since there are no other offers to host it, it will be at my house. Say... 4pm? We can gather at that time, cook out or whatever for dinner and plan to start watching between 5pm and 5:30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.