main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST MF WORLD PREMIERE • THE SHOOTING SCHEDULE VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luke Skyywalker, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Well, it COULD have changed if they re-did the scene but at some point it happened.

2. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The children's book does no such thing. It doesn't comment on the opening shot of the movie. You're confusing people by stating your interpretation as established fact.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    C'mon, this thing here says that the saber gets handed to Poe, in the kid book it's data plans. It's beyond obvious that the saber was replaced with the data plans in the plot (or the other way around, the data plans being replaced by the saber in fake summaries).

All I need to conclude that is logical thought.

4. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    Can we at least agree the children's book does not comment on the opening shot of the film? The saber can still represent the passing of the torch from the OT to the ST (in the same way the same saber was passed from the PT to the OT)?

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yeah? Though I really don't understand how you can think the opening shot like described is going to happen.

There's something else suspicious about this summary: Where is the forceback that was mentioned in Empire magazine? The last scene that was filmed in production? When would Kylo and the Knights of Ren perform a forceback together?

6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    What do you mean, the "saber floating in space nonsense?" That's one of the most persistent rumors there is. Do you have information that others don't about such a scene not existing?

Perhaps here?

7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Read my previous posts on the matter. It is very doubtful that the saber is flying through space when the saber as McGuffin is replaced in the film with Starkiller data tapes.

I really don't care how persistent the rumors are when it seems most of the spoiler-guys are drinking from the same well, which might just be filled with misinformation.

It's possible I guess, though the scene seems focused on stealing the sword rather than something else. Do they perform a force ritual while sitting at a camp-fire?

8. Primordial Dragon

Primordial Dragon Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    Do you have an estimate to how much information was ommited from the schedule?

9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I read through MF's summary. Shots 144, 191, 197, 199, 201 and 206 are missing. Shot 144 is during the freighter fight, but all the other missing shots are during the flashback sequence. I wonder why.

MagnaZero and Darth_Pevra like this.
  10. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    "You don't know a thing about me."

11. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Well, apart from all the corroborating official evidence, we now have corroborating unofficial evidence from this shot list. MSW has held up, despite the vitriol directed their way. Now we need only wait a few weeks for the final confirmation...

The MSW rumors, however, seem to contain a number of scenes not represented in this list. The one that comes to mind right away is the scene of Kylo in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.

Interesting days ahead...

12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    MSW got a lot right, but they also got some things wrong as it appears, I think that is noteworthy as well and shouldn't be ignored. And this shot list also isn't completely correct.

Does the forceback have anything to do with the flashback sequence? But as I understood it, Maz was the one who "flashbacked" the heroes. Now we know, that the Knights of Ren & Kylo did something called a forceback. I am confused. Are there two flashback sequences?

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Honestly, I don't know. The forceback may very well have something to do with the flashback (which were first rumoured to be in TFA even long before MSW released the shooting schedules, anyone remember the rumour that Darth Vader and Leia, played by Billie Lourd, were in the flashback), but who knows? I believe the summary is mostly correst, but that there are some crucial details missing.
    But at this stage, it doesn't really matter to me. Only 15 days until I will know all the answers.

14. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    i'm so happy this came out, i want to do the poe dameron dance

[​IMG]

thanks MSW and MF.com,^:)^ FINALLY so many of these pointless debates can simmer down

15. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    There doesn't seem to be anything in here that contradicts the MSW info (in fact, it seems clear that those who decoded this shot list were drawing from the same source as MSW - which were documents held by Indie Revolver). Just some additional information, and some missing stuff. So, I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say they "got some things wrong."

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'm referring to the children book which replaces the saber as McGuffin. I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

17. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    So Indie Revolver were the ones who had the documents?

Also just to clarify are MF omitting some shots themselves or they were already omitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I don't think you're just feeling like a broken record... ;)

All that children's book shows is Poe and Lor San Tekka exhanging...something. Who knows what it is? Could be data. Could be Poe paying him for his services. Could be something else.

Given how critical Luke's Bespin lightsaber seems to be to the rest of the plot as described in this shooting schedule, I am still convinced that the main exchange between the two is the lightsaber.

HanSolo29 and Mungo Baobab like this.
  19. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I wonder if we'll get any nods to old characters or events, during this scene?

INT DAY - 215 - CASTLE - UNDERGROUND CHAMBER • Maz Kanata explains her journey through many lives

20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Or the lightsabre crystal. Perhaps the two got separated somehow and Maz still has the actual weapon? When BB-8 reveals the crystal they take it to Maz who puts it back in the wepaon.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  21. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014

Yes, I think it's the crystal.

22. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    Well clearly with the missing scenes, duplicated scenes it proves there is some mis-direction from the producers which I have to say I am happy about as it protects the movie to some degree. I read it, as much as I wish I could stay away from this stuff I simply can't. I am still happy I do not know everything and I suspect there will be more surprises, almost sure of it.

I also now believe Rey will be random at the end of TFA but still believe her parentage is being held back (despite what she says)

T-R- likes this.
  23. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    EW recently wrote that the lightsaber is an important piece of the puzzle that reveals Luke's fate and whereabouts.

24. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Confirmation that Kylo was dropped to Luke's academy to learn to be a Jedi, was turned etc is awesome and lines up with my theory.

25. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    either there is more twisted stuff in the flashbacks or they already shot flashback stuff for VIII.

Darth_Voider likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.