main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST MF WORLD PREMIERE • THE SHOOTING SCHEDULE VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luke Skyywalker, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    I don't see why if it isn't the lightsaber floating through space that it makes MSW/IR/MF wrong. It could well be that was what was originally filmed and subsequently taken out.

I guess we shall have to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mungo Baobab , Satipo and TK327 like this.
  2. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Also, how can this be allowed leak? Stuff like this shouldn't be put together on a large scale to make it possible for someone to run away for a couple of minutes and make a copy of it.

Also, we know that Kylo Ren will say: "Together we will destroy the Resistance and the last Jedi", and according to this document Kylo wont face "the last Jedi" in Ep 7. That would be like Vader and the Emperor talking about "The son of Skywalker must not become a jedi." later "He will join us or die master." but leave out the actually confrontation between the two (Vader and Luke). I hope the third act is different from the one we've read.

Also, "There has been an awakening, have you felt it?" points to Luke and not Rey.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    We also know the kids book will omit and condense an awful lot purely for its own format.

4. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I probably sound like a bit of a broken record on this topic, but I've felt for a while now that the saber as McGuffin was influenced by the Kiber crystal from the 2nd draft of ANH. That is to say, that it is the crystal within the saber that is significant. Anyway, I think that what LST is handing Poe in this picture is a kyber crystal on a string, or thong.

[​IMG]

Compare that to the description of Owen Lars handing Luke Starkiller the Kiber crystal:

37. EXT. LARS HOMESTEAD – COURTYARD – DAWN
    Early morning breaks across the quiet little courtyard as Owen and Luke lift supplies into the back of a low, battered, two-man landspeeder. Threepio lifts Artoo into a tiny jump-seat, then climbs into the passenger compartment. Beru, Leia, and the twins stand in the entryway, silently watching. The storage hatch is slammed shut with a bang. Owen unfastens his gun-belt and hands it to Luke. He slides back a small latch on the belt buckle revealing a small diamond-like crystal. Luke carefully examines it.
    LUKE
    The Kiber Crystal!
    OWEN
    The only one. A Jedi can use it to intensify the Ashla force a hundred fold; but, remember it can also be used to intensify the power of the Bogan…It must not fall into the hands of the Sith… They would do anything to have it.
    Luke stands looking at the Crystal for a few moments, then snaps the buckle closed and puts on the belt.

However, I think that this particular crystal is essentially like the one from Leigh Brackett's ESB script in that it is encoded with the coordinates of Luke's location.....Leia and the Resistance are aware of this, but don't understand exactly how to use it to lead to Luke...which is where the droids come in at the end of the movie.

5. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Is that fan art? I haven't seen that scene yet...

6. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    It's bigger and betterrer.

MagnaZero and 11-4D like this.
  7. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014
    So Han and Leia give Luke their son for training. Luke ****s up and Kylo turns to the dark side, wich ends up in Han's dead. And all that time Luke has been sitting on his ass? Im very curious how they're gonna explain that. Luke must be feeling very guilty at the end of TFA.

MagnaZero and Solo-Skywalker like this.
  8. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I'd imagine he decides to not participate because he feels like he failed and if he continues to 'help' it might have further consequences.

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  9. Shakez

Aug 22, 2014

Then he has changed alot. He went out of his way 2 times to save Han (Bespin, and Jabba's palace) in the OT. He does nothing now, and Han get's killed...

10. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Well, of course he's changed a lot. People change with life experiences. Having your nephew become evil under your watch can mess a person up.

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I also think there must be a better explanation why Luke is doing nothing, because this will not be well received by audiences.

MagnaZero likes this.
  12. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Good point. The fact that made Luke such a sympathetic character was precisely his compassion and love for his friends (his emotional attachment which paradoxically would have been frowned upon by the PT Jedi council). If he is indeed a fully trained Jedi after all of this time, it is not inconceivable that he wouldn't have foreseen Han's death, so it is again, out of his (old) character for him to sit passively aside and do nothing UNLESS he is a broken, defeated man who after the trauma of his Jedi school failing, has turned his back on everything that meant anything to him.

11-4D and nightangel like this.
  13. Nando brasil

Nando brasil Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 27, 2014
    This movie doesn't sound good, but I need to see the movie.

MagnaZero and Luke02 like this.
  14. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    "You can't con a honest man."
    If you are running a con, your mark must also have a bit of larceny in his heart as well, the person you are trying to con must be willing to cut corners, to play fast and loose with the rules as well. Kylo has to be willing to embrace the Dark Side long before he joins it, you can't force someone to become evil against their will. At least, not immediately. And you can't activity stop someone from making that kind of decision, short of locking them up and throwing away the key. Or killing them.

I don't think Luke screw up and cause or let Kylo turn evil, Kylo was probably flirting with the Dark Side before then. Luke might have been at a lost on how to handle it, short of cutting him down, but I refuse to believe it is totally Luke's fault.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think that the crystal is traded makes a hell of a lot more sense. The crystal lattice could serve as a sort of location code.

16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It's all good. Lighten up a bit.

17. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    It doesn't sound bad, it just sounds woefully incomplete

Luke02 likes this.
  18. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Maybe, and this might just be a guess...

But maybe it's because we are reading a vague outline? Get it together people...obviously it's incomplete this isn't a script we are talking about. You do NOT judge a movie on a vague outline.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  19. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    That's my point

20. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Yeah, no matter what people are saying, that is so not Luke Skywalker. When I make a mistake IRL I try the best I can to fix it.

21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Agreed. The movie as is sounds lacking a MAJOR part of context. If there were no additional context and what we read is what we get (extremely doubtful) then yeah there's a storytelling issue. But again, we have to be confidant that is not the case.

22. Shakez

Aug 22, 2014

Idd, and Han also saved Luke twice. By comparison Luke still owes him one, not that the score matters to me. But it sounds like he's in the same position he was in, when he was training with Yoda on Dagobah. When Yoda advised him to not help his friends.

23. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Do people always stay the same their whole life?

if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did - you will become an agent of evil.
    Obi-Wan: Patience.
    Luke: And sacrifice Han and Leia?
    Yoda: If you honor what they fight for? Yes.

24. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015

You're one of those that is off in your own world. Get your feet on the ground, and embrace the fact that this is the movie.

25. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    "Allowed" to leak? You must not understand the nature of leaking information from very large institutions. This isn't Orwell's 1984. These are institutions run by lots of imperfect people, and things will always go wrong.

That's because it's not the movie. It's the absolute barest of bones description of what generally happens. Use your imagination, and the images you've seen from trailers so far, and fill it in.

Danfromumbrella likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.